Welcome to Gaia! ::

That Sexy Nerd
Sexual maturity differs from person to person. For example, I know one girl who is still grossed out by the very idea of sex at seventeen years old, but I also know a girl who has been in a stable relationship for a year now, has already had sex, and she's only fifteen.
Its best not to make sweeping generalizations about who is and who is not ready for it.

-slams hands on desk-

I AGREE.

She wins.
DemonessOfSorrow
i'm not telling anyone how to run their life. i was stating an opinion. before you get your little boy panties in a bunch, you should try READING all the way through. i never stated that i was telling ANYONE what to do.
Oh really?

DemonessOfSorrow
the reason i'm against it is because you're still a kid at that age. you shouldn't be concerned with sex. you shouldn't be doing something that's meant for consenting adults. at 13, i wasn't even thinking about sex. at 15, i was more concerned with the school play. i didn't lose my virginity until i was an adult at 18. a child should be worrying about school, having slumber parties. not sex. there's too much involved mentally with sex, that i don't believe kids are ready for.
Interesting. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Fuzzy Sex Symbol

18,850 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
It's terrible because people at that age don't think, or are very mature. They often get caught up in the moment or are doing it for social stature.

It's better to wait and do it with somebody you love. It makes it more worthwhile. And I know you say you can feel LOVE at 15...but those my friends are called hormones. Love is when you still want to be with somebody after 2 years and you know they snore at night and steal the covers...etc.
bradof12
Ebony_Anne
No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.
Actually, they do.

Prove it sherlock. Show me 1 teenager, besides yourself that actually THOUGHT about the consequences of sex at the age of 14, 15.

I know a lot of people who I went to high school with who are now teenage mothers because they were caught up in the moment and didn't even think about a condom. Hell, I have people in OTHER STATES who are teenage mothers. Being pregnant at such a young age really does harmful damage to the body. Would I ever tell my friends that, no.
Soarin`
It's terrible because people at that age don't think, or are very mature. They often get caught up in the moment or are doing it for social stature.

It's better to wait and do it with somebody you love. It makes it more worthwhile. And I know you say you can feel LOVE at 15...but those my friends are called hormones. Love is when you still want to be with somebody after 2 years and you know they snore at night and steal the covers...etc.

I kind of agree with the bottom half. The part about waiting until you find somebody that you love part.

BUT as, That Sexy Nerd said

That Sexy Nerd
Sexual maturity differs from person to person. For example, I know one girl who is still grossed out by the very idea of sex at seventeen years old, but I also know a girl who has been in a stable relationship for a year now, has already had sex, and she's only fifteen.
Its best not to make sweeping generalizations about who is and who is not ready for it.
Ebony_Anne
bradof12
Ebony_Anne
No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.
Actually, they do.

Prove it sherlock. Show me 1 teenager, besides yourself that actually THOUGHT about the consequences of sex at the age of 14, 15.

I know a lot of people who I went to high school with who are now teenage mothers because they were caught up in the moment and didn't even think about a condom. Hell, I have people in OTHER STATES who are teenage mothers. Being pregnant at such a young age really does harmful damage to the body. Would I ever tell my friends that, no.

1 teenager, right here.
Ebony_Anne
bradof12
Ebony_Anne
Actually, they do.

Y HALO THAR
I am fifteen years old, and I have more than just 'thought' about the consequences of sex; I've researched them and seen other kids experiences with sex at my age.
bradof12
DemonessOfSorrow
i'm not telling anyone how to run their life. i was stating an opinion. before you get your little boy panties in a bunch, you should try READING all the way through. i never stated that i was telling ANYONE what to do.
Oh really?

DemonessOfSorrow
the reason i'm against it is because you're still a kid at that age. you shouldn't be concerned with sex. you shouldn't be doing something that's meant for consenting adults. at 13, i wasn't even thinking about sex. at 15, i was more concerned with the school play. i didn't lose my virginity until i was an adult at 18. a child should be worrying about school, having slumber parties. not sex. there's too much involved mentally with sex, that i don't believe kids are ready for.
Interesting. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck...

Lulz, DUCKIES cool
--His Creation--
You build up your reputation as a "hoe",

That's not the point I'm talking about.

--His Creation--
your body is no longer pure

Tell me what the point of being pure is.

--His Creation--
and you start to fall into the socially disastrous side of Junior High/High School. Its a sad world out there, you just have to keep inside your boundries, even if you arent looked at as "cool"

Honestly, I wasn't talking about the social aspects of it. I was talking about the supposed moral aspects of the situation.
Nyxelestia

--His Creation--
your body is no longer pure

Tell me what the point of being pure is.

And tell me who in this world is actually pure.
Ebony_Anne
Teenagers want to have sex because their hormones are raging. They don't stop to think about what having sex actually means. There are many dangers with it.

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

As far as I know, it's only against the law for an adult to have sex with a kid, regardless of consent.

As for not thinking about the consequences, they actually do.

Like I said, I have several friends who are around 14 and 15, and they used safe sex practices, and weren't emotionally traumatized or anything like that.
Ebony_Anne
bradof12
Ebony_Anne
Actually, they do.

If this weren't the Internet, I could give you six names off the top of my head, and if you gave me a few minutes, I could probably give you several more.
Ebony_Anne

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

1. Depends on the Country's/State's Age of Consent laws.
2. Only if one of them carries it. It happens to adults too. Younger people are probably less likely to catch HIV if they have sex with another younger person
3. See 2
4. Only valid point. Even then there are contraceptives.
LtEarthworm
4. Only valid point. Even then there are contraceptives.

And I'm going to point out that this particular risk doesn't disappear when you turn 18.
We can get a licence at 16, right?
So, we can drive a vehicle responsible for thousands of deaths annually, therefore being responsible for the lives of all those in the vehicle and all those around us, but we can't be trusted to decide whether it's the right time for us to have sex, which is only involving the lives of two people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff