Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Setar
El_Mango
Sex w/out love =bad.(1) Love w/out sex=extremely possible. That and a girls v****a isn't able to properly fight off infection until she is in her 18-10's.(2) It doesn't have the right PH levels

1. Proof please.

2. Proof.

1. My mother is and RN

2>

**BEST ONE
http://www.popline.org/docs/1651/295489.html
--------

http://books.google.com/books?id=er8dQPxgcz0C&pg=PT860&lpg=PT860&dq=v****a+ph+levels+sex&source=web&ots=UX_UV23Iun&sig=bvAzFOG31Jxm7HG3BDSjn7SPYD8#PPT861,M1

http://www.aidsinfonyc.org/hivplus/issue2/prevent/vaginal.html

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Nyxelestia
I was just wondering:

There's all this concern about having sex at young ages.

(I'm not talking about extremes like 10-12) but for some reason, people are shocked at the ages people lose their Virginity, like 15 or 13.

If someone's consenting and practicing safe sex, then what's what's the problem?

I'm going to be honest and say that yes, I'm 14. AND I'll admit that I, personally, am not ready for sex. But I know plenty of people my age who aren't Virgins. They were consenting, they were safe, and none of them are 'emotionally traumatized'.

What's the problem? I want to know. I'm open to any argument.

(P.S. - I DON'T, however, want to hear anything about no sex before marriage, ESPECIALLY not backed-up with the Bible. I'm an Atheist.)

EDIT:

All right, please remember this: one of my key parts is that IF the teenagers having sex use protection, when what's wrong with it? If that's your only defense, then you're not answering the question. This discussion wasn't about teenagers not practicing safe sex. YES, I know some teenagers don't practice safe sex. They're not the ones I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ones that DO practice safe sex.

EDIT #2

Miss Nella
At any rate I think there to many risks, maturity issues, and health issues to make having sex at 13 a good idea. Many of these have already been mentioned and it seems to me that most of the people agreeing with the op are either 13 and want to have sex or they are utterly indifferent if some 13 year old they don't know goes and contracts genital warts (which condoms don't protect against).

All right, seriously, that's not the problem I was asking about.

What I mean is that why do people have such a problem morally? I know there are physical risks. Quite frankly, that's going to happen to ANYONE who has sex, regardless of age.

What I mean is that why is it people have a problem with younger teens having sex, even when they ARE physically, emotionally, and psychologically stable.

I know that there are physical risks, but that's really not the question I'm asking.

The fact that you asked this question at all shows you have no undertstanding of the importance of sex.
[=Persephone=]
Elf Lord Chiewn
[=Persephone=]
I remember when I was that age I was still trying to figure out who I was and learn to love myself.

Funny, most 30-year-olds I know have the same problem.

[=Persephone=]
How could I have learned to love anyone else?

I've done it.
What's so difficult about loving someone else?

[=Persephone=]
I was too concerned about myself to think about anyone else.

Then that was your own personal issue. What does this have to do with the rest of us?

[=Persephone=]
It was the worst time of my life, and I've heard a lot of other people confirm that that age was also their down period. It was confusing and dark, where I felt isolated.

Hi, my dark period was in third grade.

[=Persephone=]
I know that if I had a boyfriend, I would have chosen sex for the wrong reasons. To me, sex shouldn't be about feeling good physically, but it should be about the mental attachments too.

That's nice.

[=Persephone=]
That age was such a shifting, changing time, it's very unlikely that a young teenager could be able to find "the one" that they will be able to hold for the rest of their lives.

It's very unlikely that an old teenager could be able to find "the one" too. So what?

[=Persephone=]
Sex creates this sort of attachment, and it's hard to move on if you end up leaving that person.

Welcome to relationships.

[=Persephone=]
I'm not religious, but I feel like sex should be saved for the right person, and should be based on love.
That's nice.
What about the rest of the population?

I told you that scientifically young teenagers are not mentally stable enough for it. Yes, there are 30-year-olds who have the same problem, they shouldn't be committing to relationships and sex either. I was using my story as an example, so you wouldn't say "ha, you wouldn't know". Even if the young teenagers were practicing safe sex, there are still physical problems that might arise- their body isn't ready for that. I know I can't stop them from doing it, but this would be my advice to them, to wait until they're more mature and ready. Are you telling me that you would encourage a young couple to have sex?

I have to admitt =Persephone=, Elf has a point,
El_Mango
[=Persephone=]
Elf Lord Chiewn
[=Persephone=]
I remember when I was that age I was still trying to figure out who I was and learn to love myself.

[=Persephone=]

I've done it.

[=Persephone=]

Then that was your own personal issue. What does this have to do with the rest of us?

[=Persephone=]
It was the worst time of my life, and I've heard a lot of other people confirm that that age was also their down period. It was confusing and dark, where I felt isolated.

[=Persephone=]
I know that if I had a boyfriend, I would have chosen sex for the wrong reasons. To me, sex shouldn't be about feeling good physically, but it should be about the mental attachments too.

That's nice.

[=Persephone=]
That age was such a shifting, changing time, it's very unlikely that a young teenager could be able to find "the one" that they will be able to hold for the rest of their lives.

It's very unlikely that an old teenager could be able to find "the one" too. So what?

[=Persephone=]
Sex creates this sort of attachment, and it's hard to move on if you end up leaving that person.

[=Persephone=]
I'm not religious, but I feel like sex should be saved for the right person, and should be based on love.
That's nice.

I told you that scientifically young teenagers are not mentally stable enough for it. Yes, there are 30-year-olds who have the same problem, they shouldn't be committing to relationships and sex either. I was using my story as an example, so you wouldn't say "ha, you wouldn't know". Even if the young teenagers were practicing safe sex, there are still physical problems that might arise- their body isn't ready for that. I know I can't stop them from doing it, but this would be my advice to them, to wait until they're more mature and ready. Are you telling me that you would encourage a young couple to have sex?

Which point?
[=Persephone=]
El_Mango
[=Persephone=]
Elf Lord Chiewn
[=Persephone=]

[=Persephone=]

I've done it.

[=Persephone=]

[=Persephone=]

[=Persephone=]

That's nice.

[=Persephone=]

[=Persephone=]

[=Persephone=]
That's nice.

Which point?

""""""[=Persephone=
"]I remember when I was that age I was still trying to figure out who I was and learn to love myself.

"[=Persephone=
"]How could I have learned to love anyone else?

I've done it.

"[=Persephone=
"]I was too concerned about myself to think about anyone else.

"[=Persephone=
"]It was the worst time of my life, and I've heard a lot of other people confirm that that age was also their down period. It was confusing and dark, where I felt isolated.

"[=Persephone=
"]I know that if I had a boyfriend, I would have chosen sex for the wrong reasons. To me, sex shouldn't be about feeling good physically, but it should be about the mental attachments too.

That's nice.

"[=Persephone=
"]That age was such a shifting, changing time, it's very unlikely that a young teenager could be able to find "the one" that they will be able to hold for the rest of their lives.

"[=Persephone=
"]Sex creates this sort of attachment, and it's hard to move on if you end up leaving that person.

Welcome to relationships.""""

All of her answers
El_Mango

All of her answers

All of his answers? I made a much longer post in response to that, clarifying my position. Why are you looking at an older response of mine? Do you think the same way of my newer post?
El_Mango
Lord Setar
El_Mango
Sex w/out love =bad.(1) Love w/out sex=extremely possible. That and a girls v****a isn't able to properly fight off infection until she is in her 18-10's.(2) It doesn't have the right PH levels

1. Proof please.

2. Proof.

1. My mother is and RN

2>

**BEST ONE
http://www.popline.org/docs/1651/295489.html
--------

http://books.google.com/books?id=er8dQPxgcz0C&pg=PT860&lpg=PT860&dq=v****a+ph+levels+sex&source=web&ots=UX_UV23Iun&sig=bvAzFOG31Jxm7HG3BDSjn7SPYD8#PPT861,M1

http://www.aidsinfonyc.org/hivplus/issue2/prevent/vaginal.html

1. Appeal to authority. An RN is not qualified to comment PROFESSIONALLY on what effects love may or may not have on the morality of sexual intercourse.

2. The other question I failed to ask was relevance. How the hell is this relevant?
Irahatam

The fact that you asked this question at all shows you have no undertstanding of the importance of sex.

The importance of sex is that it's the human species' method of reproduction. I'm 13, you're most likely an adult (given that you seem to disaprove of this person), and I learned that in 6th grade.
Not necessarily responding to the posters; rather, to the ideas expressed in the posts.

Melliekun
Ebony_Anne
Teenagers want to have sex because their hormones are raging. They don't stop to think about what having sex actually means. There are many dangers with it.

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.

I think that just about sums it up.
And what's so morally bad about it? Nothing, but it is a little sick. I don't care how ready for sex you think you are, you're just NOT at thirteen or fourteen.

1) You don't know what they're thinking. Don't presume that all younger teens are idiots that follow their cocks and clits to their own inevitable dooms.

2) It used to be against the law for women to vote. The law is not always necessarily good at determining who is ready for what, and when.

3) AIDS and STDs can be transmitted to anyone.

4) Teenagers are certainly NOT the only ones who become "caught up in the moment;" certainly that's most of the lure of sex in general. You get caught up, and then you hook up.

5) Not all teens are immature, and not all adults are mature.

6) Why is it "sick"?

7) What qualifies you to say that no fourteen-year-old is ready for sex?

Fauche
Being mentally/emotionally traumatized, for any number of reasons.

They're not ready, not mature enough to really understand what it is they're doing.

Why do you think that teens will be traumatized by sex? How do you know that all teens are absolutely too mature to handle sex?

--His Creation--
At this age, i just think its bad all together. You build up your reputation as a "hoe", your body is no longer pure, and you start to fall into the socially disastrous side of Junior High/High School. Its a sad world out there, you just have to keep inside your boundries, even if you arent looked at as "cool"

1) Let us propose that a teen is mature enough to know that a high school reputation is unimportant and shallow? Being able to ignore the opinions of people you don't know all over a school is quite a practical and "adult" decision, if you ask me. Better than getting upset because the school thinks you're a "hoe". Students spread rumours regardless.

2) Body is no longer PURE? I see you're a Christian, which explains the insulting nature of those words. Unfortunately, not everyone shares your sentiment about a body being impure if it has sex. Sex is natural.

3) Currently, in high school, being a virgin is quite the trendless condition. Virgins seem to be out of style. So, I'd say they'd be on the socially fine side of High School. If they care.

4) Perhaps their boundaries are not the same as yours. There's no reason for them to keep inside YOUR boundaries if they know they can handle more. Being looked at as cool would mean they'd do all manner of illegal things, not the "worst" of which would be sex.
Well as long as you practice safe sex I dont find anything wrong with it.Were teenagers and we like to experiment.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

7,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm sixteen.

And I personally just think it's completely disgusting that kids younger than 18 are having sex.

The thought of losing one's virginity in high school seriously makes me sick to my stomach.

Protection doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Condoms break. Birth control sometimes doesn't work. Everyone's body chemistry is different. Parents, even giving their consent, sometimes don't even know what's good for their own kids. If all parents were good decision-making parents, we wouldn't have so many kids in foster homes, or parents in jail with their kids to a single parent or another family member.

Anything can happen. Taking precautions means nothing, because there's still the chance that something can happen. If you're still in high school and something happens, it's a lot harder to make a life for yourself than if you waited until you were in a more stable atmosphere (such as graduated, having a decent job, possibly even a college education).

My opinion. Everyone's different, though.
Lord Setar
MelziGurl
I don't have a problem with it unless your under the age of 16. Younger than 16 to me is too young, at 16 I'm pretty sure they don't class you as a minor. Just so long as you are doing the right thing to keep out of trouble, a lady I know has her 14 year old daughter on the pill which is also a great way to prevent rape victims getting pregnant accidently. Rape can be common in teens as well, some girls are curious and consent but later change their minds due to being uncomfortable with the circumstances and yada yada.

No I don't see a problem with sex at 16+ so long as you are being responsible about it.

What makes a 16 year old magically different from someone who is 15 years and 364/365 days old?

The law for 1 makes them 'magically different'. And from experience I find them to be far more mature than say someone younger than that age. But, that is my opinion care to tell me where you believe that anyone younger than 16 is on the same level?
Basicly, some of you are arguing that when your an adult, you make better desicions. How so? Others of you say its okay as long as your parents know and you are protected. I honestly agree with the people who argue that it's okay as long as your parents know.

I know at 14, I am not ready for sex. I know too many people in my grade who do, and it has started to take a toll on their life. Anyway, who is to say that a 20 year old has the brain capacity to make better decisions than a 15 year old?
edit* That came out wrong. Who says that just because your older makes you better at making desicions?
Ophelia V2
I'm sixteen.

And I personally just think it's completely disgusting that kids younger than 18 are having sex.

The thought of losing one's virginity in high school seriously makes me sick to my stomach.

Protection doesn't guarantee ANYTHING. Condoms break. Birth control sometimes doesn't work. Everyone's body chemistry is different. Parents, even giving their consent, sometimes don't even know what's good for their own kids. If all parents were good decision-making parents, we wouldn't have so many kids in foster homes, or parents in jail with their kids to a single parent or another family member.

Anything can happen. Taking precautions means nothing, because there's still the chance that something can happen. If you're still in high school and something happens, it's a lot harder to make a life for yourself than if you waited until you were in a more stable atmosphere (such as graduated, having a decent job, possibly even a college education).

My opinion. Everyone's different, though.

At sixteen my opinion was the same, that it was digusting. What was even more disgusting was seeing my friends all fall into the same category, young and pregnant. I didn't have sex until I was 20, been the same guy now for 2 years, I would say that's a big achievement.
Ophelia V2
Condoms break.

That's why you also pull out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out