Welcome to Gaia! ::

lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
The real problem nowadays is teen arent protecting themselves,ok?
If you know your parents wont like you having sex,why do it?That seems a little selfish.

Why is selfish automatically bad? Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.

I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

Why is it okay not to respect your parent's wishes at 18, but not the day before your 18th birthday? Seriously, you're now down to base ageism...

because you are an adult not a child.your parents are pretty much out of the picture unless you dont want them to be.

So? Why should you respect your parents' wishes when you're 17 years and 364/365 days old? Why is it suddenly fine not to when you're 18 years old?
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
If you know your parents wont like you having sex,why do it?That seems a little selfish.

Why is selfish automatically bad? Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.

I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

Why is it okay not to respect your parent's wishes at 18, but not the day before your 18th birthday? Seriously, you're now down to base ageism...

because you are an adult not a child.your parents are pretty much out of the picture unless you dont want them to be.

So? Why should you respect your parents' wishes when you're 17 years and 364/365 days old? Why is it suddenly fine not to when you're 18 years old?

Yeah this argument is pretty much dead...I know what you believe mojo, but I don't see your reasoning at all. So I'm outta here. Have fun.
lucky mojo
So.

By this logic. After one day, the person in question's moved out, gotten a job to support themselves in the living situation they're in, cut off contact with their parents, and established their own life?

Fascinating. What the hell happens when you're still living with them for one reason or another?
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

That's a morality argument based on legality. The two are not the same. At all.

3,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Morally? I suppose I have a moral obligation to our future not to have unstable, pre-adults fornicating and pro-creating. I found it odd that you used the phrase,

Quote:
"What I mean is that why is it people have a problem with younger teens having sex, even when they ARE physically, emotionally, and psychologically stable."

.. and attempted to apply this phrase to teenagers.

Physically? You can't be stable. Your body at that age (13-16, especially) is constantly changing, so there is nothing stable about it.

Two. Emotionally and psychologically stable? Have you MET teenagers?
The brain is not fully grown when you spring from the womb. The human frontal lobe continues to develop well into your twenties. In your teenage years, your are especially susceptible to "raw emotions", meaning, your frontal lobe is not developed enough to completely control the emotional impulses that travel through your brain. Hence, why teenagers are generally so moody.

I will admit, that each persons brain grows at a different rate and there are of course those who have experiences different which will allow them to "grow" more than others.

However, these are just my thoughts. Teens will do what they want to do, and if that means partaking in an adult relationship (something you are INCAPABLE of wrapping your minds around as long as your are dependents of your parents), then knock yourselves out.
I see a problem with young sex, i dont want any member of my family to do it, but those are moral and ethical reasons, that the OP does not want to hear so i wont put them in, but i dont know of any non ethical reasons for not having sex at a young age( what is the big difference between 12 and 13...OP please explain) the only reasons i can think of is you might get pregnant and have to raise a baby at a very yung age but if you're smart and mature enough to handle a sexual relationship then why the hell not?

but this really got to me and actually pissed me off a little:
Nyxelestia
(P.S. - I DON'T, however, want to hear anything about no sex before marriage, ESPECIALLY not backed-up with the Bible. I'm an Atheist.)

i hate it when stupid kids decide to be atheist, what the f*ck could have happened to you in your life so far that you think god does not exist..what did daddy not give you the right christmas present? You're 14 unless you have personaly experienced some serious s**t or have searched for god and not found anything who the hell are you to call yourself that.....pffffft stupid teenagers and their damn idiotic tags and labels.
Acanthus
If you can't handle being pissed off, get out.

Acanthus
Nyxelestia
(P.S. - I DON'T, however, want to hear anything about no sex before marriage, ESPECIALLY not backed-up with the Bible. I'm an Atheist.)

i hate it when stupid kids decide to be atheist, what the f*ck could have happened to you in your life so far that you think god does not exist
Many things. And how the ******** do you know Nyx is a kid?

Acanthus
..what did daddy not give you the right christmas present?
'Daddy' hasn't been around since I was a kid.
I don't get Christmas presents. emo rolleyes

Acanthus
You're 14 unless you have personaly experienced some serious s**t or have searched for god and not found anything who the hell are you to call yourself that
She can call herself whatever she damn well pleases.
You don't hold any influence worthy of altering a person's character.

Acanthus
.....pffffft stupid teenagers and their damn idiotic tags and labels.
Lemme guess, you're some wise-a** 'grown-up', right?

Do I get a cookie for guessing?
I remember when I was that age I was still trying to figure out who I was and learn to love myself. How could I have learned to love anyone else? I was too concerned about myself to think about anyone else. It was the worst time of my life, and I've heard a lot of other people confirm that that age was also their down period. It was confusing and dark, where I felt isolated. I know that if I had a boyfriend, I would have chosen sex for the wrong reasons. To me, sex shouldn't be about feeling good physically, but it should be about the mental attachments too. That age was such a shifting, changing time, it's very unlikely that a young teenager could be able to find "the one" that they will be able to hold for the rest of their lives. Sex creates this sort of attachment, and it's hard to move on if you end up leaving that person. I'm not religious, but I feel like sex should be saved for the right person, and should be based on love.
Acanthus
I see a problem with young sex,

I don't.
My opinion negates yours.

Acanthus
i dont want any member of my family to do it, but those are moral and ethical reasons, that the OP does not want to hear so i wont put them in, but i dont know of any non ethical reasons for not having sex at a young age( what is the big difference between 12 and 13...OP please explain) the only reasons i can think of is you might get pregnant and have to raise a baby at a very yung age but if you're smart and mature enough to handle a sexual relationship then why the hell not?

I don't see a reason not to.
Of course, there's a reason common law marriages are possible at 12 in some states.

Acanthus

Nyxelestia

i hate it when stupid kids decide to be atheist,

I hate it when stupid kids decide that atheism is just indicative of some stupid kid acting rebellious.

Acanthus
what the f*ck could have happened to you in your life so far that you think god does not exist..

What the ******** could be so wrong with your head that you think god must exist by default?

Acanthus
what did daddy not give you the right christmas present?

Appeal to ridicule, ad hominem.
Now stop assuming that everyone celebrates Christmas.

Acanthus
You're 14 unless you have personaly experienced some serious s**t or have searched for god and not found anything who the hell are you to call yourself that.....

Someone who doesn't have a reason to believe in a deity.
OH ********, WHAT A CONCEPT

Acanthus
pffffft stupid teenagers and their damn idiotic tags and labels.

Stupid rabid theists and their damn idiotic assumptions and hissy fits.
you shouldn;t concern urself with it. concern ur self with school and u future.
Well simply having sex I'd say is something kids shouldn't do more so for adults. At age 13,14, or 15? Anything under 18 at that matter - Minor- isn't a good age to have sex. Think about the many bad things of it..your in high school have sex get pregnant..what are you going to do if you haven't even gone to college yet? Exactly, not to mention AIDS and transmitted sickness...It's bad for especially if your still a kid
[=Persephone=]
I remember when I was that age I was still trying to figure out who I was and learn to love myself.

Funny, most 30-year-olds I know have the same problem.

[=Persephone=]
How could I have learned to love anyone else?

I've done it.
What's so difficult about loving someone else?

[=Persephone=]
I was too concerned about myself to think about anyone else.

Then that was your own personal issue. What does this have to do with the rest of us?

[=Persephone=]
It was the worst time of my life, and I've heard a lot of other people confirm that that age was also their down period. It was confusing and dark, where I felt isolated.

Hi, my dark period was in third grade.

[=Persephone=]
I know that if I had a boyfriend, I would have chosen sex for the wrong reasons. To me, sex shouldn't be about feeling good physically, but it should be about the mental attachments too.

That's nice.

[=Persephone=]
That age was such a shifting, changing time, it's very unlikely that a young teenager could be able to find "the one" that they will be able to hold for the rest of their lives.

It's very unlikely that an old teenager could be able to find "the one" too. So what?

[=Persephone=]
Sex creates this sort of attachment, and it's hard to move on if you end up leaving that person.

Welcome to relationships.

[=Persephone=]
I'm not religious, but I feel like sex should be saved for the right person, and should be based on love.
That's nice.
What about the rest of the population?
Acanthus
I see a problem with young sex, i dont want any member of my family to do it, but those are moral and ethical reasons, that the OP does not want to hear so i wont put them in, but i dont know of any non ethical reasons for not having sex at a young age( what is the big difference between 12 and 13...OP please explain) the only reasons i can think of is you might get pregnant and have to raise a baby at a very yung age but if you're smart and mature enough to handle a sexual relationship then why the hell not?

Nyxelestia

i hate it when stupid kids decide to be atheist, what the f*ck could have happened to you in your life so far that you think god does not exist..what did daddy not give you the right christmas present? You're 14 unless you have personaly experienced some serious s**t or have searched for god and not found anything who the hell are you to call yourself that.....pffffft stupid teenagers and their damn idiotic tags and labels.

You are talking about atheism like it stems from being a christian then changing because something stupid happened and you don't like that god let it happen.
Yukino Miyuzawa
Well simply having sex I'd say is something kids shouldn't do more so for adults. At age 13,14, or 15? Anything under 18 at that matter - Minor- isn't a good age to have sex.

Prove or concede.

Yukino Miyuzawa
Think about the many bad things of it..your in high school

Not necessarily.

Yukino Miyuzawa
have sex get pregnant..

Pregnancy isn't the end of the world, you know.

Yukino Miyuzawa
what are you going to do if you haven't even gone to college yet?

What's the problem?

Yukino Miyuzawa
Exactly,

You didn't answer your question, genius.

Yukino Miyuzawa
not to mention AIDS and transmitted sickness...It's bad for especially if your still a kid

Because VD sucks less when you're 18. Clearly. rolleyes
Brad ODonnell
Ebony_Anne
No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.
Actually, they do.

DemonessOfSorrow
the reason i'm against it is because you're still a kid at that age. you shouldn't be concerned with sex. you shouldn't be doing something that's meant for consenting adults. at 13, i wasn't even thinking about sex. at 15, i was more concerned with the school play. i didn't lose my virginity until i was an adult at 18. a child should be worrying about school, having slumber parties. not sex. there's too much involved mentally with sex, that i don't believe kids are ready for.
Who the hell are you to tell anyone else how to run their life?
If kids don't want to be kids anymore, so be it.
It isn't the business of society to hold them back.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff