Welcome to Gaia! ::

The real problem nowadays is teen arent protecting themselves,ok?
If you know your parents wont like you having sex,why do it?That seems a little selfish.
lucky mojo
If you know your parents wont like you having sex,why do it?That seems a little selfish.

Why is selfish automatically bad? Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.
lucky mojo

Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around your parents? Don't get me wrong, I respect my parents, but I am going to have sex when I am ready. Not when they are ready for me.
Adalome
lucky mojo

Maybe because the world doesn't revolve around your parents? Don't get me wrong, I respect my parents, but I am going to have sex when I am ready. Not when they are ready for me.

And I'm pretty sure that's what they raised me to do.
kiraxtenshi
Well, other than the chance that you could get an STD, pregnant, and it's against the law. I think that most teenagers aren't ready to handle the emotions and complications that go along with having sex. I'm 15, and I'm a virgin, but I know that I wouldn't be anywhere ready to have sex until I knew I was in a steady relationship and nothing could go wrong.

Not to dindle on your own choice, but you do realise that this is rather hard if not impossible to do? Just look at the divorce rates. Anything could go wrong at any time during the relashionship.
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

Why is selfish automatically bad? Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.

Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.
I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

What if my parents raised me to make my own choices. And not lean on them for my entire goddamn life.
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

Why is it okay not to respect your parent's wishes at 18, but not the day before your 18th birthday? Seriously, you're now down to base ageism...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.
I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.

I respected my mother's wishes and my father's wishes while I was underage. That doesn't mean I did what they wanted me to.

lucky mojo
When you 18,you can do the hell you want.

So?

lucky mojo
If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

I'd want my kid to learn to think for themselves. That doesn't include bowing to whatever I say.
Adalome
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

What if my parents raised me to make my own choices. And not lean on them for my entire goddamn life.

I said when you are 18,you can do whatever you want.and everybody makes their own choices.
lucky mojo
Regardless of age, some parents also have that mindset of "Under my roof, follow my rules."

Seems a little restrictive, no? And to be honest, I find it hard to respect someone who's controlling more of my personal life than is comfortable.
lucky mojo
Adalome
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

I said when you are 18,you can do whatever you want.and everybody makes their own choices.

Why 18? Yes, legally, that is the right age....But what, in all honesty, is so different between 17 and 18?
lucky mojo
Adalome
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

What difference does one day make? Why is it magically fine when you're 18 years old, but not when you're 17 years and 364/365 days?
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

Furthermore, disowning a child for wanting to have sex outside of marriage sounds a little silly.I agree but respect your mother and fathers wishes.When you 18,you can do the hell you want.If you would have kids,you would want them to abide in your wishes too.

You know, my mother's wishes were for me to get top grades all my life so I could enter med school.

I'm in microbiology, have rather fair grades and never wants to go to med school. I never respected that wish, does this make me a bad person?

Parents, and their ideals, do not always know what's good for you. Why should we let them control our lives? And why does this suddently end at 18? Because you'Re a legal adult, suddently nothing matters anymore?
Lord Setar
lucky mojo
Lord Setar
lucky mojo

Why is it okay not to respect your parent's wishes at 18, but not the day before your 18th birthday? Seriously, you're now down to base ageism...

because you are an adult not a child.your parents are pretty much out of the picture unless you dont want them to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff