Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just read something about this yesterday. Here's part of it:

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - People who start having sex at a younger or older than average age appear to be at greater risk of developing sexual health problems later in life, a new study suggests.

14 is considered early starters and 22 and up is later starters.

And a link to the whole thing if you're interested. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071204/hl_nm/virginity_health_dc;_ylt=AmCGMvScddZzYWB1gfnYeW7VJRIF
shelchan
Miss Nella
Lady Callie R Gasper
Quote:
Oh and I should mention that a third of condoms leak enough to allow AIDS sized particles through and that condoms only have an 85% chance of preventing pregnancy.

Not all condoms. Lawl. Ever hear of lambskin condoms? (for the pregnancy statement)

hmmm how do they stack up against depression and suicide rates doubling by at least three times for sexually active teens?

Hmm... the last study I read claims that teens who are sexually active tend to not have those problems. It's the ones that don't who suddenly hit a breaking point and go wild, thus opening themselves up to unprotected sex and other issues. And we're talking people in college, so they are "legal". Teens are not the only stupid ones out there as you claim. wink

I never said that teens were the ONLY stupid ones just MORE likely to be stupid.Please read what I write before commenting. And I have never heard of anyone going crazy because they aren't getting any. I'm twenty-one and still a virgin and I have not ever felt a strong desire to have sex outside of marriage and I know virgins in their mid and upper twenties who are graduated from college and are not showing any symptoms of going wild. I know that is anecdotal and personal evidence and may not be a true cross-section but I have never observed a case of what you speak of during my college career. I did however find some other studies contradicting the studies that I found, although none of those studies I found mentioned how they defined "early".
in regards to the topic question, here is my answer:

nothing at all. I agree with the thread starter.
at jthe age 13 and 14 we arent mature enough to under stand whats due with the responce that if that little rubber breaks we have to pay the consequenses rolleyes
now think about your parents and what the would think id you were to even do such a thing? scream
13 or 14!? wtf people i mean c'mon you want to fk something that looks the same as the partner? lol your just geting a holee then not worth it

7,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
Miss Nella
shelchan
Miss Nella
Lady Callie R Gasper
Quote:
Oh and I should mention that a third of condoms leak enough to allow AIDS sized particles through and that condoms only have an 85% chance of preventing pregnancy.

Not all condoms. Lawl. Ever hear of lambskin condoms? (for the pregnancy statement)

hmmm how do they stack up against depression and suicide rates doubling by at least three times for sexually active teens?

Hmm... the last study I read claims that teens who are sexually active tend to not have those problems. It's the ones that don't who suddenly hit a breaking point and go wild, thus opening themselves up to unprotected sex and other issues. And we're talking people in college, so they are "legal". Teens are not the only stupid ones out there as you claim. wink

I never said that teens were the ONLY stupid ones just MORE likely to be stupid.Please read what I write before commenting. And I have never heard of anyone going crazy because they aren't getting any. I'm twenty-one and still a virgin and I have not ever felt a strong desire to have sex outside of marriage and I know virgins in their mid and upper twenties who are graduated from college and are not showing any symptoms of going wild. I know that is anecdotal and personal evidence and may not be a true cross-section but I have never observed a case of what you speak of during my college career. I did however find some other studies contradicting the studies that I found, although none of those studies I found mentioned how they defined "early".

Read what I write yourself! I clearly stated that the studies "claim" meaning that is what studies do. They make claims based on a small portion of people that they try to generalize to the greater good. So your study versus my study negates each other. wink

I anti-OMG STUDIES ARE 100% THE TRUTH if you can't tell lol
Ebony_Anne
Teenagers want to have sex because their hormones are raging. They don't stop to think about what having sex actually means. There are many dangers with it.

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.

Here it is.
:].
Cougar Trollhammer Draven
Genura
The risk of pregnancy.

The solution of birth control.

Birth control isn't 100% effective.
Cougar Trollhammer Draven
Cirendia
Neemii
Genura
The risk of pregnancy.

There's always that risk, though. Why is it better to risk it at age 18 (when many are living on their own for the first time and possibly struggling to make ends meet due to post-secondary education costs) than at age 15 (when most are still living with their parents)?

I hate to repeat myself, but it is because of the fact that you are living under your parent's protection that you aren't ready for the risk of having a baby. At least those of us who are 18+ have begun to understand the world on our own (at least most of us have) without the protection of mom and dad.

And by the way Cougar, birth control does not always work--condoms break, and most kids can't afford birth control pills--which can also fail. One of my friend's aunts got pregnant three times while on the pill.

Not sayin' they're 100%. But hey, it's a hell of a lot easier to make me feel sorry for a pregnant woman who doesn't want the child if she at least made an attempt to block sperm from fertilizing her ova.

And, as I've said, abortion is 100%.

Go fall in a hole.
rzst
Ebony_Anne
Teenagers want to have sex because their hormones are raging. They don't stop to think about what having sex actually means. There are many dangers with it.

1. IT'S AGAINST THE LAW
2. AIDS
3. STDs
4. Pregnancy

No teenager ever thinks about those things. They are just caught up in the moment and the fact it feels soo good etc.

Here it is.
:].

And as many have said before, adults have the same problems too. Not to mention, not all teenagers are "caught up in the moment" yes, some do think ahead and get tested, use birth control, practice general safe sex.
I think it is totally wrong for someone to have sex at such a young age. Do people really think they are in love when they're 13? It's probably just me, but love is something that is lasting, not something that happens for a couple of months then fails. It's something you work at and honor with marriage. Then have sex. Your virginity is the most sacred and precious thing you could ever give someone, so why waste it on some dope you're probably not going to marry when you're 13?

AIDS and STDs aren't the problem. Plenty of married and older people get them. To me, it's the mind-set of the thing. Who wants to be one of those girls, or guys, who are crying to their friends over the phone because they've dated this person for months and gave them their virginity and now things are over? It's disgusting.

Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had sex with someone and then grown up to get married. Good for them! They made it work! They rode the ups and downs together and that's something to admire.

But with divorce rates growing and the sex age getting lower and lower, I think the number of people who can make it work are dwindling.

It's sad.
People that young just dont have the maturity level to handle something like that. Sex is a complicated thing with many emotional and physical issues. I know a lot of younger kids who are sexually active, and they are really stupid about it. I know sex isnt that big of a deal, but 13 year olds just arent in the right psychological mindset to be prepared for something like that.
I started having sex at 16, which was a good age. I dont think you have to wait forever, but young kids should not be having sex!
What's wrong is that usually, the children aren't emotionally prepared for sex. They might think that they are, but they're not.

Even getting defensive about it is indicative of how unprepared these teenagers are. Sometimes, it happens, but the consequences usually aren't great, and I've spoken with a lot of people who wished they had waited a bit longer.
Quote:
I think it is totally wrong for someone to have sex at such a young age. Do people really think they are in love when they're 13? It's probably just me, but love is something that is lasting, not something that happens for a couple of months then fails. It's something you work at and honor with marriage. Then have sex. Your virginity is the most sacred and precious thing you could ever give someone, so why waste it on some dope you're probably not going to marry when you're 13?

Well, not everyone wants to get married, for one. Second, not everybody views virginity as sacred. Not to mention, you never know when love will fall. It could be a couple of months after you started dating, a few years after dating, a few years after marriage...

Quote:
AIDS and STDs aren't the problem. Plenty of married and older people get them. To me, it's the mind-set of the thing. Who wants to be one of those girls, or guys, who are crying to their friends over the phone because they've dated this person for months and gave them their virginity and now things are over? It's disgusting.

The thing is, I'Ve seen plenty of girls crying to their friends after a nasty breakup, sometimes after dating for more then a year. Sometimes they had sex, sometimes they were still virgins. When you love someone, it hurts to break up, especially if the other person is a jerk about it. Breakups can be painful, sex or no sex.

Quote:
Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had sex with someone and then grown up to get married. Good for them! They made it work! They rode the ups and downs together and that's something to admire.
But with divorce rates growing and the sex age getting lower and lower, I think the number of people who can make it work are dwindling

But what does having sex at a younger age have to do with divorse rates?
Taiga Ameca

But what does having sex at a younger age have to do with divorse rates?

Please read the rest of the sentence. I said that growing divorce rates are showing that people can't make it work. It went with my thesis. Young sex doesn't have to do with divorce rates, divorce rates has to do with people not making it work.

And earlier I stated that sometimes having sex with someone doesn't work out. Of course breaking up hurts. I never said it doesn't. I simply said that I don't see why people would have sex at a young age when they should know that it won't work.

Of course some people don't think sex is sacred, but does that mean that it isn't?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff