Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Millionaire

Your opinions?

Wealthy Millionaire

Really? Nothing?
It's scary to be honest, The cops would be the last people I call if I need help.

s**t I'd call my militia buddies to help me before I'd ask the cops.

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Black people are upset that a "kid" got killed by cops, and decided to light things on fire. No different that LA in 1992 or the couple days following the end of the Zimmerman trial.

Hilarious Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Trader 100
I think its really horrible whats happening. I'm not 100% sure what's actually going on but ive seen a few things here and there and its just, I don't like it.
Teanay
I think its really horrible whats happening. I'm not 100% sure what's actually going on but ive seen a few things here and there and its just, I don't like it.

I don't think anyone does, It's sad to see cops just gas people like that.

But I suppose they wouldn't be doing there jobs if they just let them get it out of there system.

So really, It sucks all around, and I believe both parties are at fault.

Hilarious Prophet

6,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Trader 100
Project ButterBalls REGEN
Teanay

I don't think anyone does, It's sad to see cops just gas people like that.

But I suppose they wouldn't be doing there jobs if they just let them get it out of there system.

So really, It sucks all around, and I believe both parties are at fault.

I agree with out how they both are at fault, but sometimes cops do go overboard 'cause they think since their cops they can do anything :/
I think a bunch of white militia dudes need to show up and back up all the black people. I don't expect to see that happen, but that's the kind of solidarity that would really change the power dynamics that both sides would agree with.

Police are ethically supposed to be protecting people. When the people need to be protected from the police, they aren't police any more.

Firebombing or robbing a local business may not make sense, but if you think about how local elections operate, it is dead on accurate. City Councils are made up of the rich people in a community, almost 100% of the time. When I eat lunch in the art room in my city, sometimes the city council meets there for their own lunch, and you can hear them chatting about what businesses they want to let into the town, or policies, and so on. These people are identical to the business owner types that had their stuff attacked in Missouri.

Think about it for a minute. When you ask, "Who's to blame?" Police Commissioners are connected to local politicians like mayors and city councils.Same thing with those small town sheriffs you hear horror stories about and see as the central theme of horror films.

So this is what I think. The Bureau of Land Management goons in Texas, and the Anti Riot Goons in Missouri, these are really just different flavors of the same goons. And the people in Missouri have their voice, but I don't think they have a militia backing that voice.

I heard some pretty horrible stories about Media being ordered away. About lasers on sniper rifles pointed at unarmed civilians who weren't even protesting. About innocent people being gassed. About armored vehicles with military grade crowd control technologies.

I exhort any Militia in that area to report for duty and defend their fellow Americans.

I don't expect it will happen, but it should. Black or White doesn't make a difference.
Michael Noire
I think a bunch of white militia dudes need to show up and back up all the black people. I don't expect to see that happen, but that's the kind of solidarity that would really change the power dynamics that both sides would agree with.

Police are ethically supposed to be protecting people. When the people need to be protected from the police, they aren't police any more.

Firebombing or robbing a local business may not make sense, but if you think about how local elections operate, it is dead on accurate. City Councils are made up of the rich people in a community, almost 100% of the time. When I eat lunch in the art room in my city, sometimes the city council meets there for their own lunch, and you can hear them chatting about what businesses they want to let into the town, or policies, and so on. These people are identical to the business owner types that had their stuff attacked in Missouri.

Think about it for a minute. When you ask, "Who's to blame?" Police Commissioners are connected to local politicians like mayors and city councils.Same thing with those small town sheriffs you hear horror stories about and see as the central theme of horror films.

So this is what I think. The Bureau of Land Management goons in Texas, and the Anti Riot Goons in Missouri, these are really just different flavors of the same goons. And the people in Missouri have their voice, but I don't think they have a militia backing that voice.

I heard some pretty horrible stories about Media being ordered away. About lasers on sniper rifles pointed at unarmed civilians who weren't even protesting. About innocent people being gassed. About armored vehicles with military grade crowd control technologies.

I exhort any Militia in that area to report for duty and defend their fellow Americans.

I don't expect it will happen, but it should. Black or White doesn't make a difference.

I actually asked my cousin, a national guardsman, if it got out of hand and the NG was needed who'd they support, and he said the police most likely, unless police started shooting live rounds at everyone.

But even then he's like 2 year at E1 or whatever and he doesn't really know the nitty gritty of the higher ranks, and I honesty believed if a militia was involved the national guard would be called the counter, If the milita got violent.

And I'm not saying militias are Inherently violent but the cops might get jumpy if they see militiamen around

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Capt Buckner CTO
Black people are upset that a "kid" got killed by cops, and decided to light things on fire. No different that LA in 1992 or the couple days following the end of the Zimmerman trial.
Michael Noire

It's a part of who they are sadly.

Firstly, not all cops are scum, in fact I would bet most patrolmen are actually perfectly fine people, but the institution itself is bad and rightfully has a terrible reputation.

I mean, culturally speaking, the Police are super militarized. Their ethos should be about supporting the community and enforcing the law. Instead, looking at them these days, they're all about fighting crime and going to war, against terrorists, drugs, crime, whatever.

Their crime prevention measures designed at working with the community to prevent and reduce crime pale in comparison to their measures to fight and stomp and suppress any actual crime, a tactic which frequently involves the public at large.

Crime is the enemy, not a symptom of a societal problem so instead of trying to fix the problem they instead are trained to fight the enemy. Since the public are naturally linked to crime, the public at large also tends to become to enemy. Such a small shift, from helping communities and preventing crime to fighting it, has lead to a drastic cultural shift over time which makes the police force now more of an oppressive boot of the law designed to kick and beat the public and society rather than help and protect it.

Me thinks this is all nice and dandy for those whom who benefit from a boot on the neck of those who are dissatisfied with how things are. Less uppity malcontents trying to ruin their nice status-quo.

Wealthy Millionaire

Capt Buckner CTO
Obviously you have no idea of the topic and its not only black people. Get out lol

Wealthy Millionaire

Raginmund Brigir
Capt Buckner CTO
Another ignorant person

Questionable Friend

I'd like to remind everyone about the Albuquerque homeless shooting, the chokehold death in NY, the no-knock raid that injured a toddler and the woman beaten by LAPD.

Oh, and countless dead dogs too.

This case is getting huge attention, but it's only one of many similar cases. Something is very wrong with American law enforcement.

Wealthy Millionaire

The Ferguson police captain's (or head-hancho) wife is being suspected of posting racist comments on social media

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff