Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Phallic Wonderland
Lord ******** that. Give me "The enemies you spare seed conspiracies. The enemies you destroy seed graveyards." anyday.[/quote]
GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in
ltjblpu3:2="GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in mind.

So let me get this straight. These people are ambulance chaser by-proxies who will sue the ******** out of anyone who infringes on their first amendment right and your plan of action is... action? Am I reading this right?

If you kill them all, then at least they won't be alive to do this sort of thing. If I had nothing else to live for, I'd do it.

I'm with ya, lets get som AK's xD

Aged Lunatic

Lord ******** that. Give me "The enemies you spare seed conspiracies. The enemies you destroy seed graveyards." anyday.[/quote]
GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in
ltjblpu3:1="GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in mind.

So let me get this straight. These people are ambulance chaser by-proxies who will sue the ******** out of anyone who infringes on their first amendment right and your plan of action is... action? Am I reading this right?

No, you're not.

Physical violence is what they WANT. My plan of action, personally, would be for the businesses in their hometown to call their bluff and dare them to attempt to follow through on their threats, and when they do, slap them right in the mush with a RICO charge. Only way to shut these punks up, IMO.

Shy Fairy

Old news. Come up with something more original.

GunsmithKitten
GunsmithKitten
ltjblpu3:2="GunsmithKitten

No, you're not.

Physical violence is what they WANT. My plan of action, personally, would be for the businesses in their hometown to call their bluff and dare them to attempt to follow through on their threats, and when they do, slap them right in the mush with a RICO charge. Only way to shut these punks up, IMO.

And you expect a family of lawyers to fall for that trap?

Aged Lunatic

Lord Akhenaton
GunsmithKitten
GunsmithKitten
ltjblpu3:3="GunsmithKitten

No, you're not.

And you expect a family of lawyers to fall for that trap?

If they call their bluff and refuse to donate to the church, yes. Once it gets' around that their lawsuit and protest threats mean zilch, they're finished. Even if they decide to make good on the protests, it won't take long for them to run out of cash and thus, means to travel and do their media whore act/lawsuit scam, as intimidating Topeka businesses into donations is where their lifeblood is flowing from.
Sir Fharlanghn
I think the best thing we can do is to ignore their existence. They make money off of law suits and publicity. Stop helping them out.

This.

Profitable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Haars
How do they even get members?

By making babies. No, really.

Blessed Prophet

Haars
How do they even get members?

Like 80-90% of that church is their own family.

I would also like to know how the hell they get anyone in their right mind to join them.
DaWulf20
Anyone ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? It is a church located in Topeka Kansas and is known widely for its extreme ideologies such as;

Protesting military/aids/gay funerals.
Protesting gays in general.
Protests against Jewish institutions
Protesting the Marine Core
From Wikipedia : On May 14, 2008, two days after the deadly 2008 Sichuan earthquake, WBC issued a press release thanking God for the heavy loss of life in China, and praying "for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese".[58]
Starting the campaign "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

"The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship..."

"Westboro Baptist refers to Catholic priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of male children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbfQ117Jts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_ok0MaLSQ

This sad excuse for a religious movement is brainwashing its members to believe that homosexuals and those of other race or religion are going to hell for sinning. They brainwash their children to hate from an early age, and this way of thinking is spreading like a disease through the South. The hate they inspire in people is terrifying. The hatred they exude towards anyone who does not believe what they do.

Please discuss your views on the Westboro Baptist Church. Anyone's views opinions are accepted.

Honestly, you haven't described much in the way of controversy. making fun of homosexuals? Old hat among most religions - ask the Muslims in Iran what they think of Homosexuals. As to making fun of the Catholic church, that's nothing new. Protesting soldiers? Well, recently the military has drastically increased its relationship with a feminist and homosexual agenda. Naturally, anyone with a conservative christian agenda is going to be polarized. I'm sure I've heard horrible things about these people, can you provide a more horrible example?

Seeker

To put it simply, they're a hate group. What's sad is that we give them the attention they crave. They are horrible people, but they are not worth our hate; when you hate someone, you, by default, care for them. They dishonor the right to free speech and think everyone who isn't apart of their family is going to Hell. Don't give them attention and they'll fade away.

Timid Explorer

I can't find the words to describe how much i hate them and i worry that because of their extremism people will look at Christianity in general as a duplicate. In my definition, they're nothing like Christianity nor Christ. They are hate group monsters most definitely.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
silvershadowedwings
I can't find the words to describe how much i hate them and i worry that because of their extremism people will look at Christianity in general as a duplicate. In my definition, they're nothing like Christianity nor Christ. They are hate group monsters most definitely.
They take the bible more literally than many Christians, and for that they're more consistent.

Timid Explorer

dh8d1
silvershadowedwings
They take the bible more literally than many Christians, and for that they're more consistent.

i highly doubt that.. God doesnt hate according to christianity or the bible, and if they did take it literally im sure theyd follow Christs teachings such as spreading love, its what chrstianity is supposed to do. :/ otherwise they're nothing like christianity nor christ when they hold up signs like "God hates fags". thats just not spreading love, its a hate group more than anything.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
silvershadowedwings
dh8d1
silvershadowedwings

i highly doubt that.. God doesnt hate according to christianity or the bible, and if they did take it literally im sure theyd follow Christs teachings such as spreading love, its what chrstianity is supposed to do. :/ otherwise they're nothing like christianity nor christ when they hold up signs like "God hates fags". thats just not spreading love, its a hate group more than anything.
using your interpretation to defend your interpretation is circular.

I agree westboro baptists are hateful. But, they're more consistent than most Christians because most Christians cherrypick which verses are metaphor and which are literal, while Westboro does that much much less.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff