Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Anyone ever heard of the Westboro Baptist Church? It is a church located in Topeka Kansas and is known widely for its extreme ideologies such as;

Protesting military/aids/gay funerals.
Protesting gays in general.
Protests against Jewish institutions
Protesting the Marine Core
From Wikipedia : On May 14, 2008, two days after the deadly 2008 Sichuan earthquake, WBC issued a press release thanking God for the heavy loss of life in China, and praying "for many more earthquakes to kill many more thousands of impudent and ungrateful Chinese".[58]
Starting the campaign "Thank God for Dead Soldiers"

"The Westboro Baptist Church considers membership in most religious groups, such as the Roman Catholic Church or Islam, as akin to devil worship..."

"Westboro Baptist refers to Catholic priests as "vampires" and "Draculas" and talks of Catholic priests sucking semen out of male children's genitals like vampires suck blood from their victims"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMbfQ117Jts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T_ok0MaLSQ

This sad excuse for a religious movement is brainwashing its members to believe that homosexuals and those of other race or religion are going to hell for sinning. They brainwash their children to hate from an early age, and this way of thinking is spreading like a disease through the South. The hate they inspire in people is terrifying. The hatred they exude towards anyone who does not believe what they do.

Please discuss your views on the Westboro Baptist Church. Anyone's views opinions are accepted.

Hilarious Prophet

We must forgive because the only thing evil can't stand is forgiveness.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jacque De Molay
We must forgive be ause the only thing evil can't stand is forgiveness.

this is true smile

Fashionable Firestarter

At this point I believe this organization is a lost cause. Maybe we should inflict some of their extremists ideals upon them? Who knows.

Darkesu's Darling

I think the best thing we can do is to ignore their existence. They make money off of law suits and publicity. Stop helping them out.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Nobody cares about what those people have to say

8,300 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
How do they even get members?

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
They're incredibly stupid and infamous across the globe for it.

I love their God Hates _____ sites.

Shirtless Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Timid 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Haars
How do they even get members?

Apparently this guy started it and its like his whole big family and cousins and close friends and stuff >.< idiots

Aged Lunatic

Jacque De Molay
We must forgive because the only thing evil can't stand is forgiveness.

******** that. Give me "The enemies you spare seed conspiracies. The enemies you destroy seed graveyards." anyday.

Aged Lunatic

Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in mind.
[******** that. Give me "The enemies you spare seed conspiracies. The enemies you destroy seed graveyards." anyday.
GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in mind.

So let me get this straight. These people are ambulance chaser by-proxies who will sue the ******** out of anyone who infringes on their first amendment right and your plan of action is... action? Am I reading this right?
They're a cult. Quite a few of their members grow out of the beliefs and have left the church. They're really annoying at best. Their ideas aren't original, they're mostly getting attention because they are a group positioning themselves as a church, and they actively express their beliefs.
I've been part of a counter protest and the hype over them is exaggerated. They do promote some extreme beliefs, but in protest they pretty much just stand there, hold their signs, and occasionally sing a hymn or say something to passers-by. They ignored us completely. My biggest issue was that they were protesting across the street from the elementary school and I wanted to let them know that while they have the right to be there, no one wants them around our community and especially that close to the children.

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Lord ******** that. Give me "The enemies you spare seed conspiracies. The enemies you destroy seed graveyards." anyday.[/quote]
GunsmithKitten
Anyway, here's the shimmy on WBC's actual core; they're attention whores and gangsters. Why do I say gangsters? Because they live to exploit for money. What they do to their own hometown is nothing different from the sort of racketeering that Al Capone and friends were up to. NEVER FORGET THIS! Money is, and always has been the end goal of everything they do. They protest at high profile and high emotion events on the hopes that someone slips, bloodies their nose good, and after that comes the lawsuits against the town and state which makes them bookoo $$$$. There's a reason these assholes are a family of lawyers, keep in
irnqkcwc:1="GunsmithKitten

So let me get this straight. These people are ambulance chaser by-proxies who will sue the ******** out of anyone who infringes on their first amendment right and your plan of action is... action? Am I reading this right?

If you kill them all, then at least they won't be alive to do this sort of thing. If I had nothing else to live for, I'd do it.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Alan Pistachio
At this point I believe this organization is a lost cause. Maybe we should inflict some of their extremists ideals upon them? Who knows.

The day Fred Phelps dies, I fully anticipate a protest within eye and ear of the funeral.

Unfortunately, this could be twenty years from now...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff