Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Phantom

The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

Passing her genes onto the next generation. That's kind of the whole point. We are designed to reproduce sexually.

No, that is what happens.

Just because we happen to reproduce sexually does not mean we are designed to. Even if we were designed to reproduce sexually, the mere fact that someone had that purpose in mind for us when we were created wouldn't actually mean it was true we were supposed to sexually reproduce.

There needs to be an ethical truth of, humans are meant to engage in sexual reproduction, if our purpose is to sexually reproduce.
*facepalm* Really. You should know me better than this by now. I am not a creationist. We evolved into sexual beings, and it is by that means we survive.

We are not "meant" to do anything. But if we don't humans will cease to be. I don't see how that's an ethical matter. If we don't exist, big whoop.

Fanatical Zealot

The Willow Of Darkness
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

Passing her genes onto the next generation. That's kind of the whole point. We are designed to reproduce sexually.

Just because we happen to reproduce sexually does not mean we are designed to. Even if we were designed to reproduce sexually, the mere fact that someone had that purpose in mind for us when we were created wouldn't actually mean it was true we were supposed to sexually reproduce.

There needs to be an ethical truth of, humans are meant to engage in sexual reproduction, if our purpose is to sexually reproduce.

Um... well, humans wouldn't exist if our ancestors didn't have the incredibly urge to reproduce.

Humans are programmed to survive, and have their offspring survive. It's not so much that it was designed that way so much as if it wasn't, we wouldn't be here today.

Those who never reproduced never had offspring that survived to reproduce etc.

That's basically why we're programmed to want to reproduce, it's effective to keep reproducing, which by the all controlling event of having never existed, nothing can happen, and therefore such things simply don't exist or get wiped out easily. xp

That is why organisms which reproduce are common within existence. It is not a purpose that any species ought to reproduce.

Well, it is, but, we can do a lot more than that. xp
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

Um... well, humans wouldn't exist if our ancestors didn't have the incredibly urge to reproduce.

Humans are programmed to survive, and have their offspring survive. It's not so much that it was designed that way so much as if it wasn't, we wouldn't be here today.

That's basically why we're programmed to want to reproduce, it's effective to keep reproducing, which by the all controlling event of having never existed, nothing can happen, and therefore such things simply don't exist or get wiped out easily. xp

That is why organisms which reproduce are common within existence. It is not a purpose that any species ought to reproduce.

No, it isn't. You are committing an "is" as "ought" fallacy.
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

The thing is, by this logic, asking what benefit the mother gets out of a fetus living inside of her becomes moot in itself: anything can be a benefit or a detriment, depending on perspective.

What benefit does society get from letting women obtain abortions?

Before you answer, consider that I can just say that whatever you come up with doesn't necessarily further society's "purpose", since we don't know what that purpose is, if it has one.

Fanatical Zealot

The Willow Of Darkness
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

No, it isn't. You are committing an "is" as "ought" fallacy.

No, I'm say it's our designed purpose, but our designed purpose isn't necessarily what we ought to do.

You're just taking that as an implication >.<

Design so much as nature designs us.

So not really much. xp
Robot Macai
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

The thing is, by this logic, asking what benefit the mother gets out of a fetus living inside of her becomes moot in itself: anything can be a benefit or a detriment, depending on perspective.

What benefit does society get from letting women obtain abortions?

Before you answer, consider that I can just say that whatever you come up with doesn't necessarily further society's "purpose", since we don't know what that purpose is, if it has one.

That is correct. What is important is which perspective of what ought to be done is true. That is, what the ethical truth is.

Now you are doing it. What is to say that what will benefit society must be done? You assuming that anything that ought to be done is done because it benefits society. This might not be the true perspective. Though I think you are using "beneficial to society" to mean "morally correct" so I'm probably just acting to avoid confusion of others here.

You could, but you would be wrong. How do you know that we don't know what society's purpose is? The problem is that you axiom that we have no awareness of what is morally true is just as much an axiom as an axiom of being aware of moral truth. Not only do not have confirmation that we know moral truth, we also have no confirmation that we are unaware of moral truth.

Tipsy Smoker

Phallic Wonderland
Chahklet
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Abnormal Cell Growth. Cancer. Fetus.
Whats a girl suppose to think? I think you can better show that a fetus is like cancer than a parasite.

A fetus is not abnormal. It's not like someone jizzes on your arm and somehow manages to find something to reproduce with. A fetus is -supposed- to grow in a uterus. Otherwise, we wouldn't have these sexual organs.
Fetus =/= Cancer.

Well naturally, I was only being sarcastic. My Apologies. Playing with the youth has left me dull.

It's cool, I'm just over sensitive since I'm having my own little cancer/parasite in a few weeks. Sometimes I'm on the fence as to what should be deemed personal freedom.
How long for you? I have 8 more weeks. This is the loveliest parasite of them all. <3

4 more weeks! IF he is going to be on time. smile Yes, the best kind of nutrient-sucking little thing I've ever experienced.
At four weeks it must be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I want to eject this rowdy lil' thing. At four weeks I can't imagine how excited and anxious you must be.

Hallowed Smoker

Desideraht
Mister George Kapland
Desideraht
Methinks you don't know what a parasite actually is.

I've read your other posts, I'm just going for this one.

Yes and no. A parasite is a symbiote with negative health benefits, then there's mutual beneficial symbiotic relationships, and then one sided symbiotic relationships.

You could argue a fetus is one, all, or none of those at any given time depending on the specific pregnancy or person.
A parasite never preys on a member of the same species. Find me an exception and I'll concede. Saying a fetus is the exception does not count. Give me a real-life parasitic species.

Angler Fish Males is the closest I can determine.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
This proves nothing
Mister George Kapland
Desideraht
Mister George Kapland
Desideraht
Methinks you don't know what a parasite actually is.

I've read your other posts, I'm just going for this one.

Yes and no. A parasite is a symbiote with negative health benefits, then there's mutual beneficial symbiotic relationships, and then one sided symbiotic relationships.

You could argue a fetus is one, all, or none of those at any given time depending on the specific pregnancy or person.
A parasite never preys on a member of the same species. Find me an exception and I'll concede. Saying a fetus is the exception does not count. Give me a real-life parasitic species.

Angler Fish Males is the closest I can determine.

I was racking my brain trying to remember which fish his post reminded me of. Thank you for that. gonk

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Chahklet
Phallic Wonderland
Chahklet
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy

Well naturally, I was only being sarcastic. My Apologies. Playing with the youth has left me dull.

It's cool, I'm just over sensitive since I'm having my own little cancer/parasite in a few weeks. Sometimes I'm on the fence as to what should be deemed personal freedom.
How long for you? I have 8 more weeks. This is the loveliest parasite of them all. <3

4 more weeks! IF he is going to be on time. smile Yes, the best kind of nutrient-sucking little thing I've ever experienced.
At four weeks it must be a blessing and a curse. Sometimes I want to eject this rowdy lil' thing. At four weeks I can't imagine how excited and anxious you must be.

I want him out, but at the same time I don't want him to ever leave! :p Yes, very exciting and a little scary for my hubby and I, being first-time parents. Mainly I want to have the baby just to get over the pain of child birth, since I'll be having him pain-med free. dramallama

Hot Exhibitionist

9,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Here's all the proof I need that a fetus is a parasite: It's in MY body, and I said it is.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
A fetus may have parasitic qualities but it remains an undeveloped human being nonetheless. Are you trying to argue that pregnancy is an unnatural process?

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Mangled Masterpiece
Here's all the proof I need that a fetus is a parasite: It's in MY body, and I said it is.

Way to dehumanize, you. lol
Maybe I'll practice survival and hunting techniques and just go live in the woods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff