Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Smoker

Desideraht
Methinks you don't know what a parasite actually is.

I've read your other posts, I'm just going for this one.

Yes and no. A parasite is a symbiote with negative health benefits, then there's mutual beneficial symbiotic relationships, and then one sided symbiotic relationships.

You could argue a fetus is one, all, or none of those at any given time depending on the specific pregnancy or person.

Adored Admirer

Well, ED, you somewhat surprised me. Keep it up.

Tipsy Smoker

Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Abnormal Cell Growth. Cancer. Fetus.

Whats a girl suppose to think? I think you can better show that a fetus is like cancer than a parasite.

A fetus is not abnormal. It's not like someone jizzes on your arm and somehow manages to find something to reproduce with. A fetus is -supposed- to grow in a uterus. Otherwise, we wouldn't have these sexual organs.

Fetus =/= Cancer.

Well naturally, I was only being sarcastic. My Apologies. Playing with the youth has left me dull.

It's cool, I'm just over sensitive since I'm having my own little cancer/parasite in a few weeks. Sometimes I'm on the fence as to what should be deemed personal freedom.
How long for you? I have 8 more weeks. This is the loveliest parasite of them all. <3

Distinct Browser

13,025 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Chahklet
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Phallic Wonderland
AvenirLegacy
Abnormal Cell Growth. Cancer. Fetus.

Whats a girl suppose to think? I think you can better show that a fetus is like cancer than a parasite.

A fetus is not abnormal. It's not like someone jizzes on your arm and somehow manages to find something to reproduce with. A fetus is -supposed- to grow in a uterus. Otherwise, we wouldn't have these sexual organs.

Fetus =/= Cancer.

Well naturally, I was only being sarcastic. My Apologies. Playing with the youth has left me dull.

It's cool, I'm just over sensitive since I'm having my own little cancer/parasite in a few weeks. Sometimes I'm on the fence as to what should be deemed personal freedom.
How long for you? I have 8 more weeks. This is the loveliest parasite of them all. <3

4 more weeks! IF he is going to be on time. smile Yes, the best kind of nutrient-sucking little thing I've ever experienced.
Quote:
It remains uncertain whether these cells might be helpful or harmful to mothers, or possibly both, scientists added.

If they're helpful, that's called a symbiote.
deadguy
Quote:
It remains uncertain whether these cells might be helpful or harmful to mothers, or possibly both, scientists added.

If they're helpful, that's called a symbiote.

Quote:
Although 26 of the women had no signs of brain disorders when they were alive, the other 33 had Alzheimer's disease. The researchers found women with Alzheimer's were less likely to have male DNA in their brains than women without such a diagnosis.

So...they help women reduce the risk of Alzheimers?

Vicious Humorist

9,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
At best, babies help fight Alzheimer's.
At worst, they taste weird and make shitty footballs.
That's all I got out of this.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Desideraht
I am really tired of the "fetus is a parasite!" argument. Why? Because first of all, a parasite is a different SPECIES than its host. Go ahead, and try to find an exception. And second, a parasite provides NO benefit to the host (that is unless the host has adapted to a parasitic, symbiotic relationship). A fetus is the carrier of the mother's genes and livelihood. That is natural and progressive, not parasitic.

To say "a fetus is a parasite" may be inaccurate by definition, but it is not wholly inaccurate to say that a fetus has parasitic-like qualities.

What, pray tell, does a fetus do for the mother that is beneficial whilst using her as a "host" in some sense?

Dapper Phantom

HardGayFooo
Desideraht

I am really tired of the "fetus is a parasite!" argument. Why? Because first of all, a parasite is a different SPECIES than its host. Go ahead, and try to find an exception. And second, a parasite provides NO benefit to the host (that is unless the host has adapted to a parasitic, symbiotic relationship). A fetus is the carrier of the mother's genes and livelihood. That is natural and progressive, not parasitic.

You indeed are correct that a parasite only infects another species, and by definition a fetus can never be a parasite. However, it does act like one.
Specify.

Dapper Phantom

Mister George Kapland
Desideraht
Methinks you don't know what a parasite actually is.

I've read your other posts, I'm just going for this one.

Yes and no. A parasite is a symbiote with negative health benefits, then there's mutual beneficial symbiotic relationships, and then one sided symbiotic relationships.

You could argue a fetus is one, all, or none of those at any given time depending on the specific pregnancy or person.
A parasite never preys on a member of the same species. Find me an exception and I'll concede. Saying a fetus is the exception does not count. Give me a real-life parasitic species.

Dapper Phantom

Ontological Empiricism
Desideraht

To say "a fetus is a parasite" may be inaccurate by definition, but it is not wholly inaccurate to say that a fetus has parasitic-like qualities.

What, pray tell, does a fetus do for the mother that is beneficial whilst using her as a "host" in some sense?
It is utterly medically and biologically inaccurate, and used as hateful propaganda. I detest the use and will not say it is "parasite-like" because that is just a passive way of letting people poorly define things.

Passing her genes onto the next generation. That's kind of the whole point. We are designed to reproduce sexually. The female invests a lot of time and effort both biologically and physically into selecting a proper mate for her offspring.
Desideraht

Passing her genes onto the next generation. That's kind of the whole point. We are designed to reproduce sexually.

No, that is what happens.

Just because we happen to reproduce sexually does not mean we are designed to. Even if we were designed to reproduce sexually, the mere fact that someone had that purpose in mind for us when we were created wouldn't actually mean it was true we were supposed to sexually reproduce.

There needs to be an ethical truth of, humans are meant to engage in sexual reproduction, if our purpose is to sexually reproduce.

Fanatical Zealot

Oh my Gosh, babies effect mothers in some way?

I guess we should make babies illegal right now! eek

Fanatical Zealot

The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

Passing her genes onto the next generation. That's kind of the whole point. We are designed to reproduce sexually.

Just because we happen to reproduce sexually does not mean we are designed to. Even if we were designed to reproduce sexually, the mere fact that someone had that purpose in mind for us when we were created wouldn't actually mean it was true we were supposed to sexually reproduce.

There needs to be an ethical truth of, humans are meant to engage in sexual reproduction, if our purpose is to sexually reproduce.

Um... well, humans wouldn't exist if our ancestors didn't have the incredibly urge to reproduce.

Humans are programmed to survive, and have their offspring survive. It's not so much that it was designed that way so much as if it wasn't, we wouldn't be here today.

Those who never reproduced never had offspring that survived to reproduce etc.

That's basically why we're programmed to want to reproduce, it's effective to keep reproducing, which by the all controlling event of having never existed, nothing can happen, and therefore such things simply don't exist or get wiped out easily. xp
Suicidesoldier#1
The Willow Of Darkness
Desideraht

Um... well, humans wouldn't exist if our ancestors didn't have the incredibly urge to reproduce.

Humans are programmed to survive, and have their offspring survive. It's not so much that it was designed that way so much as if it wasn't, we wouldn't be here today.

Those who never reproduced never had offspring that survived to reproduce etc.

That's basically why we're programmed to want to reproduce, it's effective to keep reproducing, which by the all controlling event of having never existed, nothing can happen, and therefore such things simply don't exist or get wiped out easily. xp

That is why organisms which reproduce are common within existence. It is not a purpose that any species ought to reproduce.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff