Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mister George Kapland
*snip*
"Somebody explain to this brat who I am."

So what does your high feel like?
Decribe it.

"No. I don't. It's a subjective experience brought on by chemicals in the brain. What some consider to be "love" I consider to be a rush of endorphins and oxytocin that is easily replicated by the liberal ingestion of chemicals. "Love" as a feeling is nothing more than the triggering of synapses, you cannot measure love, you cannot quantify it, as it is a completely subjective experience."

You know you fling subjectivity around but all but 1 thing is subjective. You can't measure self awareness either. Not even your own yet the ONLY OBJECTIVITY we hold... "I think therefore I am". The only reason we cannot measure that stuff is because it's actually beyond our comprehension factually speaking. We can't define love, one day we might(if it exists) be able to and THEN we will be able to measure it. I mean, we can comprehend it but only enough to experience it, we ourselves only understand enough about it to experience it. But beyond that, we cannot put into words, a pure description of it.

If it exists... and it's above our comprehension, we cannot hope to measure it anyways. All we know is that allegedly, it's what the self awareness experiences because of said triggering synapses. It's not the triggering itself, it's a reaction. I'm not saying, you couldn't just wire someone's brain to fall in love with someone else. But that doesn't make it nonexistent either. Also "I think therefore I am" should also prove "feeling" is more than just triggering synapses because, we as the self awareness... can feel it. I mean "I think therefore I am" only proves your own existence to yourself objectively, so that applies to this too.

You don't objectively know that I'm not just THINKING I feel, instead of actually knowing I feel. But you technically know for yourself... because if feeling is this experience, you know whether said experience is actually happening or if you are just saying it's happening when it's not. I'm aware of this experience I call feeling.

"You have nothing left to say once you said that. You're done. Get the ******** out of the ED."

Seriously, you enter my topic... for which the rules were laid down by how I presented the discussion, and you want to tell me exactly what the rules are. "I think it is, for reasons mentioned and then some." I announced it being opinion, and you got all pissed at me because why? I'm confused, because your reasoning was off topic. Considering again, it was made clear what level of objectivity at which I claimed this stuff from the beginning.

Fanatical Smoker

XTerra-LightX

- Feels good, like an orgasm. More unique, but still as good as an orgasm.

Something is wrong here. Either you've never smoked dope or you've never had an orgasm.

Dapper Reveler

XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
Oh now that i read this, you're one of the reasons it should be illegal. Then again I think non amateur sports should probably be illegal too.
Why? Explain yourself.
You're buying into bull s**t that you'll probably regret when you're older. Just like when you start using steroids in high school football.
Well big shocker here: It's not bullshit, even if it's "subjective" or something it's still the case for me and EVERY SINGLE POTSMOKER IVE EVER MET. So, regardless it's true for a good amount of people.
Yah but the kind of weed smokers you know seem to be a bad influence on you regardless.
village midget
XTerra-LightX

Something is wrong here. Either you've never smoked dope or you've never had an orgasm.
I've had both. As far as I know, plenty of people agree. There was the era where sex, drugs and music were the 3 best thing apparently. Weed feels ******** awesome. But me and that guy went over that s**t, about people having different experiences. I'm going to chalk everything I said up to a best case scenario. I also think some of the stuff requires you to utilize it in that way. Not the feeling but yeah.

Also it should be noted for the record, I have a low tolerance no matter how much I smoke. A few hits is all I ever need.
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
Oh now that i read this, you're one of the reasons it should be illegal. Then again I think non amateur sports should probably be illegal too.
Why? Explain yourself.
You're buying into bull s**t that you'll probably regret when you're older. Just like when you start using steroids in high school football.
Well big shocker here: It's not bullshit, even if it's "subjective" or something it's still the case for me and EVERY SINGLE POTSMOKER IVE EVER MET. So, regardless it's true for a good amount of people.
Yah but the kind of weed smokers you know seem to be a bad influence on you regardless.
I'm confused. Why are they a bad influence? The things I've mentioned, I've learned purely on my own. Nobody told me about them... kinda like my topic about Gender, I was the one who figured out what gender was on my own despite the whole purpose of the topic being to have someone else tell me..

Dapper Reveler

XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
Why? Explain yourself.
I'm confused. Why are they a bad influence? The things I've mentioned, I've learned purely on my own. Nobody told me about them... kinda like my topic about Gender, I was the one who figured out what gender was on my own despite the whole purpose of the topic being to have someone else tell me..
No you didn't. That'd be like a scientist saying my physics theory is right cause i made it up so it's irrelevant whether or not it's actually happening. You base your thoughts off your experience and hopefully some logic. Your friends, hold a lot of your experience and I'm not sure it's a good thing.
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
XTerra-LightX
Avgvsto
No you didn't. That'd be like a scientist saying my physics theory is right cause i made it up so it's irrelevant whether or not it's actually happening. You base your thoughts off your experience and hopefully some logic. Your friends, hold a lot of your experience and I'm not sure it's a good thing.
Still confused. Yes I did, it's pretty straight forward... I smoked it, they said nothing about it other than it felt good. Upon experiencing it, I learned about it. As I describe it to people, they've pretty much always said how that is it for them. I mean there has been some varying degrees, but every pot smoker I've known has parroted at least 1, more or even all of what I have said.

The only exceptions I know of are people who get nothing but anxiety or something, or are allegedly allergic. Which, is the minority and they should probably just not smoke. But I probably should've mentioned this... the only reason I didn't, was because I don't think it counts. It doesn't sound like they're any sort of high. "Queen Regent Cersei" at least sounds like she's getting high, even if it's different from what I experience.

I'm telling you, I do actually have the stuff I mentioned.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say they hold my experience.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
XTerra-LightX

- Opens your mind. An amazing fact.
Subjective, not fact.
Quote:
- Carl Sagan, a god in flesh, thought it was great.
And?
Quote:
Either you've never actually smoked it or you've never had an orgasm.
Quote:
- Makes everything fun, you'll never be bored.
More like you can be bored but not care.
Quote:
- Makes you peaceful. Anything that creates peace, technically is worth more than the average joe who is contributing to the corruption in the world intentional or not.
Subjective, not fact.
Quote:
- Creativity is increased immensely, some people's greatest work is done when high.
Subjective, not fact.
Quote:
- Increases the level of profoundness at which you see everything.
Subjective, not fact.

Fanatical Smoker

XTerra-LightX
village midget
XTerra-LightX

I've had both. As far as I know, plenty of people agree. There was the era where sex, drugs and music were the 3 best thing apparently. Weed feels ******** awesome. But me and that guy went over that s**t, about people having different experiences. I'm going to chalk everything I said up to a best case scenario. I also think some of the stuff requires you to utilize it in that way. Not the feeling but yeah.

Also it should be noted for the record, I have a low tolerance no matter how much I smoke. A few hits is all I ever need.

LOL If a few tokes on a joint gives you an orgasm you are a pretty unique case. eek Reading the rest of the thread I'm more inclined to believe you have no ******** idea what you are talking about.

Hallowed Smoker

XTerra-LightX

So what does your high feel like?
Decribe it.

Depends on the strain. Every strain has a different high. Indica's doze me off. Sativa's make me run around.

XTerra-LightX

You know you fling subjectivity around but all but 1 thing is subjective. You can't measure self awareness either. Not even your own yet the ONLY OBJECTIVITY we hold... "I think therefore I am".

I think therefore I am is a philosophical argument. It's not even the complete sentence ""… Accordingly, seeing that our senses sometimes deceive us, I was willing to suppose that there existed nothing really such as they presented to us; and because some men err in reasoning, and fall into paralogisms, even on the simplest matters of geometry, I, convinced that I was as open to error as any other, rejected as false all the reasonings I had hitherto taken for demonstrations; and finally, when I considered that the very same thoughts (presentations) which we experience when awake may also be experienced when we are asleep, while there is at that time not one of them true, I supposed that all the objects (presentations) that had ever entered into my mind when awake, had in them no more truth than the illusions of my dreams. But immediately upon this I observed that, whilst I thus wished to think that all was false, it was absolutely necessary that I, who thus thought, should be somewhat; and as I observed that this truth, I think, therefore I am, was so certain and of such evidence that no ground of doubt, however extravagant, could be alleged by the sceptics capable of shaking it, I concluded that I might, without scruple, accept it as the first principle of the philosophy of which I was in search.""

Quote:

The only reason we cannot measure that stuff is because it's actually beyond our comprehension factually speaking. We can't define love, one day we might(if it exists) be able to and THEN we will be able to measure it. I mean, we can comprehend it but only enough to experience it, we ourselves only understand enough about it to experience it. But beyond that, we cannot put into words, a pure description of it.

No, we can't measure feelings. They don't even have an objective way to measure pain. Your 10 is my 4.

Quote:

"You have nothing left to say once you said that. You're done. Get the ******** out of the ED."

Seriously, you enter my topic... for which the rules were laid down by how I presented the discussion, and you want to tell me exactly what the rules are. "I think it is, for reasons mentioned and then some." I announced it being opinion, and you got all pissed at me because why? I'm confused, because your reasoning was off topic. Considering again, it was made clear what level of objectivity at which I claimed this stuff from the beginning.

You're in the ED making a drug thread, and you don't expect me to show up?
XTerra-LightX

It opens your mind because it makes a single thought more profound. Take a white guy who is racist against black people. Say said white guy gets high... he starts feeling great so he is in a great mood that hardly anything could affect it, and every thought he has also feels great and is vastly more profound to him than when sober. Now he needs help with his car because it broke down. Car pulls over to help, it's a black guy. But he's in a great mood, feels great, and EVERY SINGLE of his thoughts are more profound than when sober.

He hates black people, any other time he'd tell them to ******** off. But right now the mood he is in makes the idea that the person is black less negative than usual, and the perception he is in makes the thought of "I'll accept his help" more profound. So he accepts the black guy's help... black guy makes idle chit chat during the convo and is all chill and is kind. When he gets done helping him and having this nice convo, the white guy realizes that guy was a good person. Thus having a permanent affect on his perception of black people.

So, in assuming that what is right is not subjective, you can automatically know "the right thing to do," even if that's driving under the effect of a hallucinogen?

XTerra-LightX

Creativity is your ability to construct ideas, sometimes you run out of ideas. Talk to writers, this is called a writer block. Basically creativity is your skill at making ideas, how many ideas you can make and the complexity and uniqueness of said ideas. You imaginative abilities, are the limits of your creativity. Nor am I claiming it GIVES you creativity... but rather I'm boasting that it actually increases your capacity. Why? Because once again it makes your thoughts more profound, and it doesn't make all thoughts equally profound... it just makes them more profound than they were previously. So for example, playing a game genre I like still sounds better than a game genre I don't like. Though I might actually consider playing a genre I don't like, when high, because the idea is more profound than usual. Now I'm explaining this because it means the best ideas, will feel the most profound. All around both existing doors are more profound, and new doors are opened. So it also ties into the open minded thing.

If it's not "giving" you creativity, how is it expanding your capacity? Creativity in itself is a made up term; there is no scientific measure for what art is, or what art isn't, because it's all subjective.

XTerra-LightX

"Tell me, is peace coexisting with hate and love, or is peace overriding hate with love, drugging anyone with "hateful" feelings?"

This makes no sense... hate, is on the opposite spectrum of peace. Peace, is a lack of being on the forceful side of conflict...

Is it truly? So if "hate is on the opposite spectrum," does that mean you choose "peace [is] overriding hate with love"? If hate is a feeling that will forever be engrained in life, how do we achieve peace while ignoring it? Maybe someone should smoke weed and decide for us since it won't seem boring for them.

XTerra-LightX
Marijuana helps open your eyes.

Only in subjective terms. It narrows your mind if you choose to believe it wholly chooses the right answer for you, while those that smoke it are given the wrong answers.

XTerra-LightX
Remember that song I posted? You know the guy rapping? He's an astrophysicist, he has his degree. He has an independant label he created, Grand Unified Music. He isn't lazy when high, in fact he is likely writing lyrics, brainstorming, having intellectual convos and/or debates, doing important #GU stuff, adressing fans, etc. There is this concept of "stoner adventures", which is where you get an idea that sounds fun that involves going somewhere. It's common among stoners. You basically go out and have fun.

I feel sorry for him. If cannabis has cured him of permanent writers' block, and allowed him to develop his own label through this new found knowledge and creativity, why haven't I heard of him? His music must be too good for radios.

XTerra-LightX

On your own link: "I smoke weed EVERYDAY before going to bed. Everyday I work out at 7 AM. So...."

"I feel like it's subjective. There has been too many times where I've smoked and then called off work because of my level of apathy so I've pretty much quit smoking over the past few months. On the other hand, so many of my friends seem to have to smoke in order to do certain tasks and it somehow makes them accomplish more, like they're in the zone or something. For me it makes me anxious and exhausted. It's just so hard to quit because pot is very fun obviously, especially if you're in college."

Or heck how about a full refutation:

"Faulty logic in drawing these conclusions. It could be that people who produce less baseline dopamine are more likely to seek substances that will compensate, such as THC. Correlative studies can't claim cause and effect, much less differentiate between the two."

Where is this in the link that I posted? Because when I click it, all what I see is: "When I smoke weed and get really high I always thinks my friends are against me and are setting me up for something. Is this normal paranoia?" neutral

XTerra-LightX

Oh what's that Justin? You're saying it's possible that marijuana actually COMPENTSATES for a lack of motivation? Thank you for not only showing the study to lack trust worth, but considering I myself know that weed is actually a motivator for me... this is all just too nice of a point to hear.

If you haven't been hearing, it's all subjective.

XTerra-LightX
I'm going through the statistics here on schizophrenia, and you wanna know something funny? In most populations schizophrenia accounts for measly 1% of the population. Do you know how many people smoke marijuana? The vast majority of kids these days smoke it, or will smoke it at some point. Even IF marijuana caused it, it must be some super rare ******** side effect. Never mind the fact that it goes back to what that user Justin said from the other link... that with long term studies like this, this isn't anywhere near conclusive enough to even remotely think marijuana is actually causing such a side effect as opposed to a coincedence or something else causing it. This "link" between marijuana and schizophrenia is so weak I don't even.

The link is still there, regardless of how small or not. It would be wise there isn't much of a probability for the majority to get it, but it would be unwise to care for those that do.
How I felt with it as a daily smoker:

-No mental clarity, would make a fool out of myself because of it
-Loss of productivity
-Would cause paranoia
-I would make morally compromising decisions (that are probably no big deal to any stoner, but to me they were)
-Ate too much
-Made my heart go crazy, making it so I couldn't relax
-Would make me severely uncomfortable and in couch lock if I had too much

I would only suggest using cannabis for chronic pin and other serious conditions where it could help the quality of life for someone. I think using it recreationally is stupid, but it's still a moral grey area for me.

Hallowed Smoker

CapCrack

-I would make morally compromising decisions (that are probably no big deal to any stoner, but to me they were)

What the ******** is a morally compromising decision?

Hallowed Smoker

Tuken

So, in assuming that what is right is not subjective, you can automatically know "the right thing to do," even if that's driving under the effect of a hallucinogen?

Cannabis is a hallucinogen in the same vein tobacco is a hallucinogen. Which is to say, it's not.

Quote:

The link is still there

Except, it's not. It's anecdotal at best, incidental at worst.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff