Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

It's not like that at all though. Women can't produce sperm.
Oh wow?! I would have never guessed. Hmmm glad that had nothing to do with the point I was making.

You had no point. Unless you have some idea that marriage is biological, in which case, LOL.
Whats the point in marriage?
I see what you're implying and you're absolutely correct. Let's begin revoking the marriages of infertile couples.
No you don't, why would you hold my beliefs without the years and years of being me that came with it. But I must ask before we continue discussing any further- would you consider me gay if I told you I could get off to myself?

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr

This was a legit question. And I'd like an explanation why not or so.

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Since you are still online I am just going to consider you a coward and disregard your previous sarcasm.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Oh wow?! I would have never guessed. Hmmm glad that had nothing to do with the point I was making.

You had no point. Unless you have some idea that marriage is biological, in which case, LOL.
I see what you're implying and you're absolutely correct. Let's begin revoking the marriages of infertile couples. They clearly have no business having a legally recognized domestic partnership.

And lets start charging married couples who don't have children for fraud.

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto

I see what you're implying and you're absolutely correct. Let's begin revoking the marriages of infertile couples.
No you don't, why would you hold my beliefs without the years and years of being me that came with it. But I must ask before we continue discussing any further- would you consider me gay if I told you I could get off to myself?

What did you imply (not believe) here then?
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto

Yes it is gender discrimination in the same way a man can donate to sperm bank while women are not allowed to.

No, but I might consider you a sexual narcissist for the lack of a more isolated term at least.

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
Joan Darr
Since you are still online I am just going to consider you a coward and disregard your previous sarcasm.

I would consider you irascible as well.

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Avgvsto
Joan Darr

I would consider you irascible as well.
I apologize, I'm in a bad mood today though I am not quite to sure you'd respond had I not said this Also name calling is about the most cowardly and pathetic thing you can possibly do.

Newbie Noob

castrillo
Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

I see what you're implying and you're absolutely correct. Let's begin revoking the marriages of infertile couples. They clearly have no business having a legally recognized domestic partnership.

And lets start charging married couples who don't have children for fraud.

Yes, excellent. We'll also need to start stationing orphans at every street corner and inside every public building. Since orphans are kryptonite for single individuals, infertile couples, and homosexual pairs or polyamorists, they'll go even further in keeping society free from these riff-raff. That'll teach them for existing.

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Avgvsto
Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo

What did you imply (not believe) here then?

I asked a question, not an answer.

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr

Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

No, but I might consider you a sexual narcissist for the lack of a more isolated term at least.

Why reference someone else when asked of your opinion? Furthermore, that wasn't much of an explanation at all.

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Yes it is gender discrimination in the same way a man can donate to sperm bank while women are not allowed to.

Given the state of the context of the discussion that was ongoing between you and castrillo which I so helpfully put in bold and underlined, the question you posed appeared to be a rhetorical question.

If that was not your intention perhaps you should remember in the future to indicate in some form that you are going to respond to a post then change the subject at random with a question that may appear related and may be misconstrued as you actually continuing on the line of debate that was established.

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Given the state of the context of the discussion that was ongoing between you and castrillo which I so helpfully put in bold and underlined, the question you posed appeared to be a rhetorical question.

If that was not your intention perhaps you should remember in the future to indicate in some form that you are going to respond to a post then change the subject at random with a question that may appear related and may be misconstrued as you actually continuing on the line of debate that was established.
It is obviously related and obviously rhetorical, such does not make it an invalid question. What is the point of marriage? Should two in love have to be told that they are in love by some third party and should they be forced together as such by someone who does not understand it as fully as they do? Is this just some way to even the score or do you have some actual reason why this is a proper institution?

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
Joan Darr

Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Why reference someone else when asked of your opinion? Furthermore, that wasn't much of an explanation at all.

I could have just said "No."
I referenced that for "desire to merge sexually with a mirror image of oneself," and I left an indicator of uncertainty since you didn't divulge factors such of intensity or frequency in order for me to determine in this hypothetical where you would fall between "not all that unusual" or "unhealthily obsessed."
In either case, it still would have been "No."

Dapper Reveler

Joan Darr
Avgvsto
Joan Darr

Avgvsto
castrillo

I could have just said "No."
I referenced that for "desire to merge sexually with a mirror image of oneself," and I left an indicator of uncertainty since you didn't divulge factors such of intensity or frequency in order for me to determine in this hypothetical where you would fall between "not all that unusual" or "unhealthily obsessed."
In either case, it still would have been "No."
That even still is not an explanation of why not. I didn't ask for just no.

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
Joan Darr
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

It is obviously related and obviously rhetorical, such does not make it an invalid question. What is the point of marriage? Should two in love have to be told that they are in love by some third party and should they be forced together as such by someone who does not understand it as fully as they do? Is this just some way to even the score or do you have some actual reason why this is a proper institution?

1. The only static answer would contained in the legal definition. Beyond that motives may vary like comfort and security from perceived commitment, or enhancement of social status, just as a few examples.
2. I'm not sure if the ceremony you described is actually required for sanctioning a marriage.
3. I actually would be just as pleased if the concept of marriage was obsoleted as I'd be if marriage was unrestricted for any circumstance between consenting adults. Either way it goes is agreeable, the way it is right now is not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff