Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Yoshpet

Obviously I live in a backwater country with no human rights. Hence the whole gay marriage debate. Your gay Christian tirade remains irrelevant, as it was from the start.

I'm sorry. I had no idea that it was that bad. I take back everything I said.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Lesser Tile
Yoshpet

Obviously I live in a backwater country with no human rights. Hence the whole gay marriage debate. Your gay Christian tirade remains irrelevant, as it was from the start.

I'm sorry. I had no idea that it was that bad. I take back everything I said.

Very little truth remains in the title "Land of the Free".
castrillo
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Meroko_Love
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Because sexuality has come to constitute personal identity, character and the status of the individual more and more in the past few decades. As such, a perceived union of two individuals who are regarded as being "flawed efforts at being" is of course going to be contested.

The opposition is to institutional recognition of negative existences. In other words, bigotry, but bigotry born from our understanding of sexuality and its role in personhood.

I would argue even more that there is an underlying tone of biological essentialism here that threatens to take away individual autonomy for the sake of eliminating bigotry against non-heterosexuals. It seems to be fueled by the dominant scientific discourse that claims heterosexuality to be the "norm" or "default".

Well, one cannot deny the evolutionary importance of heterosexuality. It cannot help but be a dominant scientific discourse because it's a fundamental reality of natural selection.

Homosexuals are just as important. Maybe the rock you're under didn't get the memo that gays and lesbians still have all their baby batter + same maternal clock.

Speaking in terms of evolution, they are reproductive cul-de-sacs, so, no. If they reproduce heterosexually then that makes the argument for variable sexuality as an evolutionary trait, not homosexuals as historical breeders.

Fanatical Zealot

It's really important to remember that at the end of the day whether or not you're cool isn't up to you at all. It's up to the people around you.

So when you're talking to people, be sure to use a lot of really cool words. Jiving away, radical.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Blind Guardian the 2nd
castrillo
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Meroko_Love
Blind Guardian the 2nd
Because sexuality has come to constitute personal identity, character and the status of the individual more and more in the past few decades. As such, a perceived union of two individuals who are regarded as being "flawed efforts at being" is of course going to be contested.

The opposition is to institutional recognition of negative existences. In other words, bigotry, but bigotry born from our understanding of sexuality and its role in personhood.

I would argue even more that there is an underlying tone of biological essentialism here that threatens to take away individual autonomy for the sake of eliminating bigotry against non-heterosexuals. It seems to be fueled by the dominant scientific discourse that claims heterosexuality to be the "norm" or "default".

Well, one cannot deny the evolutionary importance of heterosexuality. It cannot help but be a dominant scientific discourse because it's a fundamental reality of natural selection.

Homosexuals are just as important. Maybe the rock you're under didn't get the memo that gays and lesbians still have all their baby batter + same maternal clock.

Speaking in terms of evolution, they are reproductive cul-de-sacs, so, no. If they reproduce heterosexually then that makes the argument for variable sexuality as an evolutionary trait, not homosexuals as historical breeders.

Hardly. Using a surrogate isn't suddenly heterosexual breeding. Well, literally it is, but the point you were pushing was that homosexuals dont reproduce. And nope, sorry dude, yes they can, they have before and will continue to do so.

1,900 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Regardless of my personal opinions, I found the entire thread not only interesting but enlightening.

It's a popular topic with a lot of replies and I think that says something.
castrillo
Hardly. Using a surrogate isn't suddenly heterosexual breeding. Well, literally it is, but the point you were pushing was that homosexuals dont reproduce. And nope, sorry dude, yes they can, they have before and will continue to do so.

The point I was pushing is that anyone who chose to mate exclusively with the same sex, historically, would not have been successful in terms of evolution.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Jareal Annani
Regardless of my personal opinions, I found the entire thread not only interesting but enlightening.

It's a popular topic with a lot of replies and I think that says something.

Yes, often times this issue is always linked to orientation, when it could just as easily be considered gender discrimination. It's not really a common argument for it, at least from what I've seen.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Revamping this thread in heat of the upcoming elections. I feel as if the point is still important, whether gay marriages being banned is an example of gender discrimination.

Dapper Reveler

castrillo

Yes it is gender discrimination in the same way a man can donate to sperm bank while women are not allowed to.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Avgvsto
castrillo

Yes it is gender discrimination in the same way a man can donate to sperm bank while women are not allowed to.

It's not like that at all though. Women can't produce sperm.

Dapper Reveler

castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Oh wow?! I would have never guessed. Hmmm glad that had nothing to do with the point I was making.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Oh wow?! I would have never guessed. Hmmm glad that had nothing to do with the point I was making.

You had no point. Unless you have some idea that marriage is biological, in which case, LOL.

Dapper Reveler

castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

You had no point. Unless you have some idea that marriage is biological, in which case, LOL.
Whats the point in marriage?

Newbie Noob

Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo
Avgvsto
castrillo

Whats the point in marriage?
I see what you're implying and you're absolutely correct. Let's begin revoking the marriages of infertile couples. They clearly have no business having a legally recognized domestic partnership.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff