Welcome to Gaia! ::

Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone

Nothing wrong with a little outside affirmation. I work 50 hours a week, I don't need anyone to pat me on the back, it's just appreciated if they notice.

For the record, I find passive aggressiveness extremely attractive. Passive aggressive girls tend to make great lays

Ew... emotion_eyebrow

The correct response to a compliment is "thank you". Go on, be a good girl now, daddy never taught you manners? Or is your compulsive standoffish behavior a result of an absentee father figure? Or at best a step father you didn't really respect.

Lol, sorry I didn't fall over myself for your "compliments." I have standards, and you meet none. lol Bye.

I didn't realize you had to be wet for me to take a compliment. Sometimes a nice word is just a nice word for the sake of being nice.

There's a sweet girl behind your "independent and tough" facade, how about you drop the act and admit you're enjoying the attention.

I'm quite entertained by you not understanding the concept of a woman choosing to be single to put her education and career first and being completely happy with her life. lol
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone

Nothing wrong with a little outside affirmation. I work 50 hours a week, I don't need anyone to pat me on the back, it's just appreciated if they notice.

For the record, I find passive aggressiveness extremely attractive. Passive aggressive girls tend to make great lays

Ew... emotion_eyebrow

The correct response to a compliment is "thank you". Go on, be a good girl now, daddy never taught you manners? Or is your compulsive standoffish behavior a result of an absentee father figure? Or at best a step father you didn't really respect.

Lol, sorry I didn't fall over myself for your "compliments." I have standards, and you meet none. lol Bye.

I didn't realize you had to be wet for me to take a compliment. Sometimes a nice word is just a nice word for the sake of being nice.

There's a sweet girl behind your "independent and tough" facade, how about you drop the act and admit you're enjoying the attention.

I'm quite entertained by you not understanding the concept of a woman choosing to be single to put her education and career first and being completely happy with her life. lol

Hello again, I thought you were leaving.

I do understand that, I'm just asking you to be polite. I paid you a compliment, now say thank you. I'm sure you were raised better than this.

I'm not asking you to fall over yourself or aggressively finger-punch your t**t-box, I'm just asking you to acknowledge something I said with all honesty for no better reason than because that's what I thought
Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone
The Peppermint Bunny
Macodrone

Hello again, I thought you were leaving.

I do understand that, I'm just asking you to be polite. I paid you a compliment, now say thank you. I'm sure you were raised better than this.

I'm not asking you to fall over yourself or aggressively finger-punch your t**t-box, I'm just asking you to acknowledge something I said with all honesty for no better reason than because that's what I thought

Why would I leave my own thread? Oh, and nope. emotion_dealwithit
It shows how immoral they are; flaunting how indecent they are, while looking down on those who are pure and not driven by animal lusts. Such a society is doomed to fail!
Lady Victorianna Sharpe
It shows how immoral they are; flaunting how indecent they are, while looking down on those who are pure and not driven by animal lusts. Such a society is doomed to fail!

Being a sexual person isn't bad.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Super 9-Volt
It's even more annoying when guys get virgin shamed. They think that we're suppose to naturally screw anything that moves and if we have no interest in that then we're gay. neutral Yeah, people actually think that.

This = Truth.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
The Peppermint Bunny
So, I want to get this out of the way first, since every time I see this kind of conversation, people get attacked for saying something they didn't actually say.

I am not at all saying that choosing to wait is the right choice for everyone, just as I am not saying not waiting is the right choice for everyone. Everyone has their own personal reasons for the choices they make when it comes to sex.

I've noticed that "slut shaming" is heavily frowned upon by many people today, and I think that's a good thing, because again, I don't think anyone should be criticized about the choices they make for themselves. What I've also noticed, however, is that no one seems to have a problem with "virgin shaming." When it comes out that someone has chosen not to have sex yet, it is almost followed by a thousand questions and assumptions. First of all, why should anyone have to explain themselves? Second of all, some people just choose not to have sex and it has nothing to do with religion, attractiveness, or the way they were raised. I've seen this happen to both men and women.

So, the question that will be discussed here is:

Why does it seem society is beginning to look down upon people who choose not to have sex?

First of all, I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of "No one should be criticized for their actions", yet at every turn, people criticize others for their actions all the time, like in the case of this thread. Proud enough to dish out your apparent wisdom, but too proud to listen to anyone else, eh? (not you, personally, but people in general)

I'd also like to point out that when I say "You", I don't mean YOU in the personal sense, but in a general sense.

Now we'll get into "Slut Shaming". I'm not going to go out of my way to "slut shame" anyone (and this is just another example of people putting a bad-sounding label on something they don't like in order to scare other people into silence), but my reason for being against sleeping around is because I feel it cheapens a person.

What it says about a person is "I just want to feel good, and I don't care what, or who, I have to do to get that." Your body becomes something that can be bought, whether with nice words, dinner and a movie, or anything else; sometimes very little or nothing at all will get you to open your legs or pull it out of your pants.

It means you have no self-control, no self-respect and/or very little self-esteem. Your body is not something you should be giving to just anyone, for little to no reason other than "they look cute". People love to use the Humans are Civilized/Animals arguments.

When crimes are committed, we're civilized creatures who should be above this sort of animalistic violence. It's what separates us from animals and makes us human.

When we want to have sex, we are no longer separated from animals, and people love to get all into the "science" of our attractions and instincts, and how humans are basically just "more evolved animals".

But it's either one or the other. Either you're an animal that has sex with the other members of its species with no remorse, no feelings of love or regret, or you're a civilized human being who should show the proper maturity to weigh the pros and cons of his/her decisions, and not to just rush into a situation blindly and recklessly just because "it's what you want to do".

The very fact that people are getting so upset over this apparent "Slut Shaming" means that many of us are not yet ready to face the real world, where our actions can have very real consequences, where emotional bonds are created with each joining and hearts are broken left and right. Yes, it can be hard to deal with peer pressure, or scary to go against what most people see as the more popular mindset, because it could mean you lose some friends, or all of your friends and you might end up alone. But if your friends constantly tell you to do things that could end badly, not only for you, but other people as well, then are they really your friends?

If you're doing something in your life, right or wrong, and someone challenges you about it, it may annoy or anger you, I'm not disputing that at all, it pisses me off too. But instead of just assuming that you're the one who's right and they're always wrong, maybe step back and observe your actions over any length of time. Maybe these people said what they did because they actually give a s**t about you, and what happens in your life. Maybe YOU'RE the one who's actually wrong, not them. I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but so many people have to throw away that foolish pride of theirs, that childish "I wanna do what I wanna do" mentality and maybe re-evaluate themselves and their lives. If they can't, it just shows that they are still children who can't deal with reality. Being grown up doesn't mean you're an adult.
Weretindere
Virgin shaming & purity = not ejaculating.

Not ejaculating = wet dreams & sore d**k.

Sore d**k = female genocide.

Female genocide = Elliot Rodger.

Elliot Rodger played Pokemon.

Pokemon = Nintenda.

Nintenda has 3 N's.

Loominati Triangle has 3 sides.

Virgin Shaming = Loominati confirm't.

you're not funny

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Miragen
I'm really going to leave this ******** planet if virgin shaming because the next topic.
The real thing we should be discussing is how people lack a backbone, or how people should grow a pair.

What happend to, get the ******** over it, stop being a little b***h.. why does everything in this world need to be adressed because somewhere, somehow, someone is being offended by it?

I was brought up without much compassion or understanding, my problems were never as important because I was a guy, I needed to be independent, self sufficient and responsible for my own actions.
I was told to get over it, and I did just that, one way or another.

I'm not saying it's how we should all be raised, but really, get over it.

The world isn't a nice place, people won't agree with you, people will try to hurt you and aside from a select few, most people don't give a ******** about you.

I acknowledge that there are some things in this world that are just wrong, and do need adressing however 10 out of 10 things are not that, instead they take the spotlight away from the cases that actually need the attention.

Gender equality? Sure.
Someone wearing a T-shirt you don't like? Get the ******** over it.

Bullying? Imporant issue.
Guy in the street complimenting your looks? Yeah...no.

And the world rejoices.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
sitting cow
Weretindere
Virgin shaming & purity = not ejaculating.

Not ejaculating = wet dreams & sore d**k.

Sore d**k = female genocide.

Female genocide = Elliot Rodger.

Elliot Rodger played Pokemon.

Pokemon = Nintenda.

Nintenda has 3 N's.

Loominati Triangle has 3 sides.

Virgin Shaming = Loominati confirm't.

you're not funny

ditto

Hygienic Noob

People need to stop being concerned with everyone else's genitals.

It's just sex.

Aged Codger

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Why be it that th' opinions o' otha's means so damned much ta' people? Ya shouldn't go inta' some sort o' social/mental breakdown and personal crisis if'n someone says yer stupid er some otha' bilge

Damned people lettin' th' opinionated words o' otha's 'cause 'em th' rethink their life choices and values

Who gives a damn what some random bloke thinks 'bout yer sexual proclivity er lack tharof? Does this parson somehow have some sway er control ova' yer daily life? Be they always around mockin' ya and makin' ye feel down? Why th' blazes haven't ye decked 'em yet?
Quote:
I do understand that, I'm just asking you to be polite.

Apparently you mean well, but you also need to understand that not everyone appreciates lewd complements. FYI, not very polite on your part either.

Quote:

Fighting a losing battle m8
toasega
The Peppermint Bunny
So, I want to get this out of the way first, since every time I see this kind of conversation, people get attacked for saying something they didn't actually say.

I am not at all saying that choosing to wait is the right choice for everyone, just as I am not saying not waiting is the right choice for everyone. Everyone has their own personal reasons for the choices they make when it comes to sex.

I've noticed that "slut shaming" is heavily frowned upon by many people today, and I think that's a good thing, because again, I don't think anyone should be criticized about the choices they make for themselves. What I've also noticed, however, is that no one seems to have a problem with "virgin shaming." When it comes out that someone has chosen not to have sex yet, it is almost followed by a thousand questions and assumptions. First of all, why should anyone have to explain themselves? Second of all, some people just choose not to have sex and it has nothing to do with religion, attractiveness, or the way they were raised. I've seen this happen to both men and women.

So, the question that will be discussed here is:

Why does it seem society is beginning to look down upon people who choose not to have sex?

First of all, I'd like to point out the hypocrisy of "No one should be criticized for their actions", yet at every turn, people criticize others for their actions all the time, like in the case of this thread. Proud enough to dish out your apparent wisdom, but too proud to listen to anyone else, eh? (not you, personally, but people in general)

I'd also like to point out that when I say "You", I don't mean YOU in the personal sense, but in a general sense.

Now we'll get into "Slut Shaming". I'm not going to go out of my way to "slut shame" anyone (and this is just another example of people putting a bad-sounding label on something they don't like in order to scare other people into silence), but my reason for being against sleeping around is because I feel it cheapens a person.

What it says about a person is "I just want to feel good, and I don't care what, or who, I have to do to get that." Your body becomes something that can be bought, whether with nice words, dinner and a movie, or anything else; sometimes very little or nothing at all will get you to open your legs or pull it out of your pants.

It means you have no self-control, no self-respect and/or very little self-esteem. Your body is not something you should be giving to just anyone, for little to no reason other than "they look cute". People love to use the Humans are Civilized/Animals arguments.

When crimes are committed, we're civilized creatures who should be above this sort of animalistic violence. It's what separates us from animals and makes us human.

When we want to have sex, we are no longer separated from animals, and people love to get all into the "science" of our attractions and instincts, and how humans are basically just "more evolved animals".

But it's either one or the other. Either you're an animal that has sex with the other members of its species with no remorse, no feelings of love or regret, or you're a civilized human being who should show the proper maturity to weigh the pros and cons of his/her decisions, and not to just rush into a situation blindly and recklessly just because "it's what you want to do".

The very fact that people are getting so upset over this apparent "Slut Shaming" means that many of us are not yet ready to face the real world, where our actions can have very real consequences, where emotional bonds are created with each joining and hearts are broken left and right. Yes, it can be hard to deal with peer pressure, or scary to go against what most people see as the more popular mindset, because it could mean you lose some friends, or all of your friends and you might end up alone. But if your friends constantly tell you to do things that could end badly, not only for you, but other people as well, then are they really your friends?

If you're doing something in your life, right or wrong, and someone challenges you about it, it may annoy or anger you, I'm not disputing that at all, it pisses me off too. But instead of just assuming that you're the one who's right and they're always wrong, maybe step back and observe your actions over any length of time. Maybe these people said what they did because they actually give a s**t about you, and what happens in your life. Maybe YOU'RE the one who's actually wrong, not them. I know that's a hard pill to swallow, but so many people have to throw away that foolish pride of theirs, that childish "I wanna do what I wanna do" mentality and maybe re-evaluate themselves and their lives. If they can't, it just shows that they are still children who can't deal with reality. Being grown up doesn't mean you're an adult.

No to sound homoerotic or anything, but I could kiss ya.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I'm a 33 year old virgin myself and some people are amazed that I'm still a virgin, and even make jokes about it. I have yet to meet anyone that actually insults me for being one but I also get a vibe that you're not being appreciated as much when you tell you're a virgin. Is getting laid the only way of getting respect these days?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff