Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suicidesoldier#1
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1
The irony being of course that it was never us that tortured Detainees.

of course not. we just paid for it. and killed thousands upon thousands upon thousands of civilians in the last decade. and redefined enemy combatant so that half the civilians killed in drone strikes wouldn't be called that. and invaded a country without casus belli.

we aren't an evil empire. honest.

Except that we've maybe only killed a few hundred, and even if we did kill a few thousand

we did kill a few thousand. something like seven thousand. in the initial invasion of iraq alone. a period of time that covered about a month.

and we've been at war for more than a decade.

Suicidesoldier#1
it would still be less, way less, than WWII with a country that is larger, has more powerful weapons, was making VX gas etc.

and has never attacked the USA. and was not supporting terrorists.

Suicidesoldier#1
Saddam Hussein was oppressing his people, drastically, and had legitimate concentration camps, among other things.

The fact that 99.99% of the civilians remain alive, woman are treated decently now, hell men are treated decently now and can vote, that they can defend themselves?

As horrific and awful and terrible as it would be, we killed a lot more in WWII and that was justified. How would this not be?

we were attacked in world war two.

we had no casus belli in the iraq war.

Suicidesoldier#1
A few hundred accidental deaths aren't the same as purposely killing millions, and gassing hundreds of thousands like Saddam Hussein.

we have killed far more civilians in iraq than just a few hundred.

Suicidesoldier#1
It was never our intention, at all. But even if it was a few thousand accidental deaths, it wouldn't be that bad. In the grand scheme of things, compared to all the good we did, and compared to previous saving entire country wars, I'd say we're doing even better than ever.

in the grand scheme of things, the entirety all casualties in world war two doesn't matter.

Suicidesoldier#1
As sad as it is to kill anyone, even terrorists, the entire event was justified and while we weren't perfect, for the most part, even if you believe in the thousands statistic, as horrible as it is, it's still not the makings of an evil empire.

That also wouldn't make us and empire, though.

We'd need a colony first. xp

are you actually this ignorant? you don't need to have a colony in place to have control over an area.
Suicidesoldier#1
GITMO is part of an international United Nations POW camp, but it is not the only one.

gitmo contains no prisoners of war. prisoners of war have rights.
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1
GITMO is part of an international United Nations POW camp, but it is not the only one.

Not to mention the UN has absolutely nothing to do with it, unless we're talking moves to investigate it.

Fanatical Zealot

Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Gimme a concluded point brother not the argumentative ones.

Well, it would depend on if he thinks 9/11 was a hoax, there were no weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein wasn't actually evil etc.

Since it was the Iraqi's who did it and America supposedly "let it happen" it wasn't actually America.

Hence while things occurred under GITMO, and the U.S. did indeed build the basic facilities (prisoner holding cells, etc.) it was not in fact responsible for what occurred there. xp

Your examples on Iraqi's and America's actions have contradicted each other which pulls you away from reaching to a strong point . I need a strong concluded point .

Well, I has sources.

But it would be painful for me to go through and search it all up D:

I don't like torture or death.

Everyone also has a nasty habit of showing pictures of the detainees; like I don't want to see God damn it.

But even the Guardian says we "let it happen", rather than actually do it.

Considering how Anti American they are I think it's rather revealing. xp

Hahahahahah XD So what do you say? America = Evil or not ?

I think America is mostly good, and I think in general the government is trying to do the right thing. The EPA, the FDA, NASA, it's not as if we're saying "YOU'RE ALL GOING UNDER A BUS!"

I mean 50 million people in school, college loans, roads, healthcare for the poor and elderly etc. etc., social security.

I think we're mostly good.

Right now our only problems are that we don't have enough resources to support everything we want and that requires drawing more from business, your average tax payer etc.

Which we are reluctant to do.

More or less, Evil triumphs when good men do nothing. It's not that America is evil, it's that banks only get sued 2.5 billion dollars when they make 10 billion in profits for money laundering for the cartels. That they can unlawfully spike interest rates, repossess your home, and then only get fined a few billion.

They should get fined a few billion on top of having to return the homes.

I mean for ******** sake the regular interest rate is 105%; these banks literally don't even ******** build the house and they make more than the entire company who only makes 10% profit and the workers get paid s**t; how are we living in a society where the people who actually built the home, the company, who's 90% of their profits go to the resources needed to establish the actual house, are getting paid anywhere near the guy who just lended you money? And the banks still make 5% than the entire housing industry; they literally own the entire economy and make money, from interest, literally just by having money! Where does this extra money come from?

If they have all the money where is interest supposed to come from?

We're all in debt and inflation is ridiculous and the banks can do whatever they ******** they want which is bullshit. We give them, as America, all their money, their protection, hundreds of billions in prop ups to keep the banks going, and it's still bullshit. Why? It's literally insane.

But zoe noes, the government does something about bad business practices! Now suddenly we're communists. Because correcting CRIMINALS is so anti-American right?

And it's not like the government agrees. They sue them for God's sake. They attack these people, try to get them to stop. But evil triumphs when good men do nothing. We have to do MORE, is the problem, and people are reluctant to do that.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Gimme a concluded point brother not the argumentative ones.

Well, it would depend on if he thinks 9/11 was a hoax, there were no weapons of mass destruction, Saddam Hussein wasn't actually evil etc.

Since it was the Iraqi's who did it and America supposedly "let it happen" it wasn't actually America.

Hence while things occurred under GITMO, and the U.S. did indeed build the basic facilities (prisoner holding cells, etc.) it was not in fact responsible for what occurred there. xp

Your examples on Iraqi's and America's actions have contradicted each other which pulls you away from reaching to a strong point . I need a strong concluded point .

Well, I has sources.

Everyone also has a nasty habit of showing pictures of the detainees; like I don't want to see God damn it.

I think America is mostly good, and I think in general the government is trying to do the right thing. The EPA, the FDA, NASA, it's not as if we're saying "YOU'RE ALL GOING UNDER A BUS!"

I mean 50 million people in school, college loans, roads, healthcare for the poor and elderly etc. etc., social security.

Right now our only problems are that we don't have enough resources to support everything we want and that requires drawing more from business, your average tax payer etc.

More or less, Evil triumphs when good men do nothing. It's not that America is evil, it's that banks only get sued 2.5 billion dollars when they make 10 billion in profits for money laundering for the cartels. That they can unlawfully spike interest rates, repossess your home, and then only get fined a few billion.

I mean for ******** sake the regular interest rate is 105%; these banks literally don't even ******** build the house and they make more than the entire company who only makes 10% profit and the workers get paid s**t; how are we living in a society where the people who actually built the home, the company, who's 90% of their profits go to the resources needed to establish the actual house, are getting paid anywhere near the guy who just lended you money? And the banks still make 5% than the entire housing industry; they literally own the entire economy and make money, from interest, literally just by having money! Where does this extra money come from?

We're all in debt and inflation is ridiculous and the banks can do whatever they ******** they want which is bullshit. We give them, as America, all their money, their protection, hundreds of billions in prop ups to keep the banks going, and it's still bullshit. Why? It's literally insane.

But zoe noes, the government does something about bad business practices! Now suddenly we're communists. Because correcting CRIMINALS is so anti-American right?

And it's not like the government agrees. They sue them for God's sake. They attack these people, try to get them to stop. But evil triumphs when good men do nothing. We have to do MORE, is the problem, and people are reluctant to do that.

Your elaborated bar lies in between the extremes in front of your eyes you say .

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1

Rights like?

Fanatical Zealot

Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev

Well, I has sources.

Your elaborated bar lies in between the extremes in front of your eyes you say .

Uh... O_O?!

Well, America is not out necessarily eating Babies. America need not eat babies to be bad man.

America more caught up in convoluted business plan in a broken semi-capitalistic system that tries too hard to be capitalistic when it doesn't count and not enough when it does.

America has complicated logistical failings that need obvious resolving, but that does not mean America is inherently corrupt.

At least imo. xp

Basically America always afraid bad man in dark out to eat children and steal babies; and in many ways, America is right. Many bad men out to get America, steal children and eat babies. But when America says, Maybe AMERICA is bad men out in dark to eat children and steal babies? I say relax, chill out, calm down. Maybe take vacation. America is starting to scare me.
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1

Rights like?

http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/instree/y3gctpw.htm

you may find this enlightening

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev

Well, I has sources.

Uh... O_O?!

Well, America is not out necessarily eating Babies. America need not eat babies to be bad man.

America more caught up in convoluted business plan in a broken semi-capitalistic system that tries too hard to be capitalistic when it doesn't count and not enough when it does.

America has complicated logistical failings that need obvious resolving, but that does not mean America is inherently corrupt.

At least imo. xp

Basically America always afraid bad man in dark out to eat children and steal babies; and in many ways, America is right. Many bad men out to get America, steal children and eat babies. But when America says, Maybe AMERICA is bad men out in dark to eat children and steal babies? I say relax, chill out, calm down. Maybe take vacation. America is starting to scare me.
You know, really you're just blabbering everything off the topic .

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
hahahalolwut
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1

Rights like?

The whole of it or some specific part of it?
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1

Rights like?

literally the entire thing is about how prisoners of war must be treated.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
hahahalolwut
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Mark_Karev
hahahalolwut
Suicidesoldier#1

Rights like?

literally the entire thing is about how prisoners of war must be treated.
Oh. Okay.
Suicidesoldier#1
The20
It's not so much that they have wars, it's more that they started them all, lie to get them started and are in the news because of dead civilians all the time.
That and Guantanamo.

The irony being of course that it was never us that tortured Detainees.

An unfortunate truth perhaps?

Lie to get them started? xp

So Saddam Hussein wasn't evil? xp

Or perhaps Osama Bin Laden?
Desert Storm 2 was started on the grounds that Saddam Hussein has WMDs and that he was supporting al-Qaida. No WMDs were found and afaik no connections between Saddam and al-Qaida could be proven. The entire basis for this war were lies or unfunded accusations.
Oh, and Saddam was evil? Well, maybe the US should have thought of that when they supported him during the Iraq-Iran war in the eighties.

This gem that was part of the campaign to get the rest of the world involved in the first Gulf War: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_(testimony)

On a side note, who tortures detainees in a detention camp inside an US military base if not the US?

Fanatical Zealot

Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev
Suicidesoldier#1
Mark_Karev

Uh... O_O?!

At least imo. xp

You know, really you're just blabbering everything off the topic .

Eh.

I just find it all a little silly.

In a lot of people's minds, America has to be completely evil for bad things to be happening, like it all has to be connected, like there has to be somebody pulling the strings for it to be completely evil. Apophenia; a tendency to seek connections in random data. There's no black and white for these people, if bad things are happening, everyone is in on it and there's some grand conspiracy. The military, in their mind, HAS to be a part of some grand conspiracy to steal all the oil going to France and China because the military has to be evil because else the corporations wouldn't secretly be in control of everything. We have to already be in some Anarchy disytopian reality because every other movie or video game is about this. Or for some other silly idea; many are simply unable to change their world view because it must be all black and white. America can't possibly be good 98% of the time but then make mistakes or have people who do bad things, at random; it must all be planned out. The other good stuff they do is just a facade, of course.

Like people base their views on wiki leaks. But wiki leaks only is tallying up how many total people they think are dying, not how many are connected to the U.S. or the cause of the U.S. Some of their sources include Saddam Husein's supposed count, which doesn't make any sense because to include that would be to say America was killing people before they even invaded, at the very best. Saddam Hussein killed at least 200,000 people in the Halajba poison gas attacks, had 500 tons of uranium, back in 1988, it's a wonder why he was still in power, honestly. What we should have done stopped him right then, but that would make us "bloodthirsty warmongerers".

A lot of people say we went in for oil. But oil prices have more than quadrupled since we stopped taking in oil from Iraq.

Since Iraq was providing cheap oil, mostly at the expense of the population and a corrupt dictator with human right's abuses, we embargoed him and now the price of oil has gone up. But it's the same reason we shouldn't allow sweat shops. Dictators are wrong, even if they provide us with cheap oil. IMO is was the right move to finally stand up to his oppression. Anyone who argues we invaded to get oil when all of the oil went to China and France is insane. It's just down right ridiculous.

Dangerous Capitalist

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
America is not evil. We have a corrupt legislature, and an irresponsible president, but the people are not evil in essence (except for the crazy ones like Adam Lanza).

We are also not an empire, because we dont conquer lands. We start wars on the premise of doing good and nationbuilding, but it just leads to unnecessary civilian death.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff