Welcome to Gaia! ::

A

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
(sigh) Context is such a beautiful thing. All the man is asking for is an increase in diversity. That's why people were applauding and not asking to have him fired. There's no controversy or hypocrisy here so chill. cool

Familiar Friend

Why does this man still have a job?

because he hardly said anything problematic, why do you just want to fire people over basically nothing? police state anyone?

What university president could have gotten away with saying something like “We need to make our school less black/asian/latino etc” ?

maybe one in a place in the world with racism against whites

If the question had referred to any other race, it would be a major scandal. Why hasn’t he already been fired for this?

you just asked this

Is this another case of Democrat racism and hypocrisy?

not really

Familiar Friend

Kaltros
low iq 111

because he hardly said anything problematic, why do you just want to fire people over basically nothing? police state anyone?

So you wouldn't mind if he'd said "Our school needs to become less black in the future" ?

if you read the rest of my post i answered that... rolleyes

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kaltros
SparkyKid3000
(sigh) Context is such a beautiful thing. All the man is asking for is an increase in diversity. That's why people were applauding and not asking to have him fired. There's no controversy or hypocrisy here so chill. cool

No, he's not asking for some generalized 'diversity'. He says specifically that if the school does not become less white in future decades the school is a failure. Let me repeat that: He says the school needs FEWER WHITES to be successful, in his opinion.

How is this not racism and bigotry?

My my my, you must be VERY eager to turn this into an issue aren't you? I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the school he works for has an overwhelming white majority. If that is the case, if the school were to accept/hire more blacks, asians, etc. then the school would become less white at least as far as percentages are concerned. This is not a bad thing no matter how anyone tries to spin it. If a school with a black majority wanted to become "less black" I'd be fine with that too.

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
low iq 111
Kaltros
low iq 111

So you wouldn't mind if he'd said "Our school needs to become less black in the future" ?

if you read the rest of my post i answered that... rolleyes

I get the feeling he's one of those individuals who always needs something to complain about.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
SparkyKid3000
Kaltros
SparkyKid3000

No, he's not asking for some generalized 'diversity'. He says specifically that if the school does not become less white in future decades the school is a failure. Let me repeat that: He says the school needs FEWER WHITES to be successful, in his opinion.

How is this not racism and bigotry?

My my my, you must be VERY eager to turn this into an issue aren't you? I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that the school he works for has an overwhelming white majority. If that is the case, if the school were to accept/hire more blacks, asians, etc. then the school would become less white at least as far as percentages are concerned. This is not a bad thing no matter how anyone tries to spin it. If a school with a black majority wanted to become "less black" I'd be fine with that too.
In the video, he said they had recently improved the rate of women and people of color working as faculty to be 17%-yeah that is a very white school

Heroic Hero

low iq 111

What university president could have gotten away with saying something like “We need to make our school less black/asian/latino etc” ?

I don't know if you knew this, but people who aren't white can be racist. Yeah, pretty shocking it makes no sense at all.

Familiar Friend

Bogotanian
low iq 111

I don't know if you knew this, but people who aren't white can be racist. Yeah, pretty shocking it makes no sense at all.

i pretty much said that..idk why you felt compelled to point that out but okay

Heroic Hero

low iq 111
Bogotanian
low iq 111

That comment insinuated that racism against whites doesn't exist in this country

Familiar Friend

Bogotanian
low iq 111
Bogotanian
low iq 111

That comment insinuated that racism against whites doesn't exist in this country

you just insinuated this country doesn't exist in the world

Heroic Hero

low iq 111
Bogotanian
low iq 111
Bogotanian
low iq 111

you just insinuated this country doesn't exist in the world

?

Ok your comment insinuated that racism against whites doesn't exist in the USA

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out