Welcome to Gaia! ::

False Dichotomy
shoeless joe
False Dichotomy
You aren't funny, you were never funny. Go back to your sweaty manlove TapOut matches and keep playfighting.

Sounds like homphobic closet case zero.
Fine. I'll make a different case.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.......still sounds like a homophobic closet case zero.

Wealthy Hunter

False Dichotomy

shoeless joe

[M.S.T]

Tactical Leg Sweep

Okay I think the problem with y'all is that your trying to generalize all fights. I got into tons of fights and they were all different.
When I fought with boys twice my size if they grappled me to the ground and sat on top of me it pretty much incapacitated me for a while and let them get in a few good hits (as well as molest me scream ) till I'd regain my composure and flip them.
I also used a knife several times (okay a stencil knife stare i always got into a ton of trouble ) . The problems with knives and weapons is that you think you have the upper hand (and you probably do cause they can do way more damage) but it can be turned on you in a variety of ways, and I highly doubt you are a member of the 'house of flying daggers' or some other incredibly skilled group. (Plus a lot of smart people won't give you time to whip out your knife or weapon)
Lastly in a fight it is very hard to think clearly, later you'll be like "why didn't I do this or that?" , "why did I let myself get tackled?" and stuff like that. So some tactics work well in theory rather than in real life.
Plus putting all this aside no need to get all pissy over something like this, everyone is different and has their own ideas, you should share and compare and not shoot each other down especially as you all seem to know what you're talking about 3nodding

Dapper Reveler

False Dichotomy

Though I do respect your knowledge I do wish you would stop attempting to delegitimize any other martial art than your own. I'm not quite certain about your stance on other "realistic" martial arts such as Krav Maga or Military Sambo but you seem very critical and harsh to pointless things. For instance, taking down moving targets- any football/rugby game should provide evidence to it's possibility. Once you even considered that getting taken down makes you weak, this supports two fallacies: 1 you must be stronger than your opponent to beat them 2 training can nullify other training. Firstly, even if I was the best martial artist in the world I wouldn't have to be the strongest man in the world, therefore having to rely on strength would be disadvantageous. Next we must consider that there is no limit to possibilities to reality, therefore we must react to the fight not define what a fight means before hand. If you truly believe that a 7 foot monstrosity of a man weighing 300 pounds of almost pure muscle couldn't just force you down then I don't believe that your training has truly prepared you for everything.

Still you are correct that irregular means are quite helpful to a fight, but that doesn't mean that general skills aren't useful. I once witnessed my old wrestling coach (also a boxer) from ISI in a fight where in one punch he knocked the man out broke his jaw and put him in the hospital. I really don't understand any irregular maneuver or regular one than could compensate for such brute force. Sure you can come up with a whole assortment of excuses as to why that could never happen but you should never underestimate your opponent. There may be an 8 foot man who will just pick you up with one hand and force you into grappleing, or a man who will just cave in your jaw if you pull a knife, therefore it would be wise to cover all situations. Against a boxer a good guard especially for the chin, good balance for judo or greco. All in all I really don't agree with you.

Dapper Reveler

False Dichotomy

Furthermore, Pankration, which is the derivative for almost all European martial arts including wrestling and boxing, was originally developed for military use. If anything I believe a military system mainly based on close quarters combat would provide a proper test to what is applicable to a fight, even one consisting of any sort of ancient weapon. If you decide to make the case that Greek martial arts were not the greatest art of their culture, then I would simply urge you to view the history of Alexander the Great's military conquest. Further you can look to Military Sambo which has produced some of the most lethal troops, namely the spetsnaz. Military Sambo includes a large amount of take downs, submissions, and grappling maneuvers.

Dapper Reveler

Rikuya Cizu
I really like your avi.

Wealthy Hunter

Avgvsto
Rikuya Cizu
I really like your avi.

Why thank you whee . You're not looking too shabby yourself, especially with such an adorable polar bear 3nodding .

Dapper Reveler

Rikuya Cizu
Avgvsto
Rikuya Cizu
I really like your avi.

Why thank you whee . You're not looking too shabby yourself, especially with such an adorable polar bear 3nodding .
Quite kind of you, m'lady. I actually just got him this week after realizing that I was terribly bored of looking so serious all the time. It means a lot to get a compliment so soon. I think I would like to get a real polar bear had I not feared for my personal well being, perhaps when I'm older and more satisfied with my life.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
False Dichotomy
shoeless joe
So how many people have you super ninjas killed/maimed with your 5 years of talking about and pretending to gouge peoples' eyes out?
You aren't funny, you were never funny.

I don't think he was trying to be. I too am curious to the answer.

Quote:
Go back to your sweaty manlove TapOut matches and keep playfighting.

TapouT (only the Ts are capitalized) is an apparel company. Although they do also make training gear, such as punching bags, and training gloves. They aren't the ones holding "matches. That's (currently) either Ultimate Fighting Championship, World Extreme Cagefighting, King Of The Cage, or Bellator (pronounced Bella Tore). Former promotions include Pride and Strikeforce.

And who's "play-fighting"? Just because there are rules, it's not "fighting"? Hundreds of years' worth of "fighting" had certain rules that were a dishonor to break.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Riviera de la Mancha
Of course its not advised. Hell, street fighting period is not advised by any style. Nor is fighting against someone with a weapon. Doesnt stop styles from teaching self-defense or from teaching weapons defense.

Both you and the other poster seem to think the goal of sports fighting is to mimic street fighting. No one has argued that here. Ever. What is an assumption is that skills used in MMA or other arts are applicable to street fighting, which is as true as the skills used to drive a car in NASCAR are applicable to skills needed to drive on regular roads.

Why would I say it's not like a real fight and yet you say I think it's supposed to mimic it? I've been in plenty of fights to know that you can apply your skills from any training but it's no guarantee.

ѕтєаιтн | ғюяїѕн | cоιιєcт

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Rikuya Cizu

I'm separating street frights from tournament style. I'm staying relevant to the topic, which is about the UFC parody picture. Which I said is a technique and is relevant to the rules entirely.
If you want my assessment of a fight, you need to specify what kind. If I was in the UFC, I'd be doing the same thing as the other fighters in a broadly general sense.
In a street fight... I'm going for the path of least resistance and incapacitation. Which means fatal contact points and anything I can whip out even if it means kicking someone in the balls But my objective is not to fight, so I'm avoiding it as much as possible and getting away the first chance I get. I don't use weapons to the best of my ability because it just escalates the situation and I don't resort to fancy techniques and complicated grappling. I rely on my burst speed, my agility, flexibility, accuracy and I assume I will be hurt badly if not killed.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

shoeless joe
So how many people have you super ninjas killed/maimed with your 5 years of talking about and pretending to gouge peoples' eyes out?

Legal consequences and retaliation from friends/family mean anything in your world? They do in mine, which is why I don't go around starting fights but rather try to avoid them if possible.

False Dichotomy
Tactical Leg Sweep
False Dichotomy
Riviera de la Mancha
False Dichotomy
I don't think "takedowns" are fake or stupid. I think BJJ is stupid, and the throws it uses are. Squat, oh wait, it doesn't work anymore. Don't stand still, oh it doesn't work anymore.

Stand still in a retarded fists up toughguy stance, OH NOW I CAN GRAB HIM.

As for my "super hulk strikes" fine, rush at me. I hope you don't mind losing your eyes, genitals, or a working windpipe. It doesn't take a very hard hit to stop someone.*hinthint*punching them in the chest is stupid*

The more you talk, the more I am willing to bet your knowledge of the martial arts is based on what you learned playing Tekken or SSF.
Have you ever seen someone put a hold, throw, or "takedown" on someone who's actively moving? No, because you can't do it, and nobody can. The leverage just isn't there.

And for the record, I've been studying several martial arts for 5 years now, and nearly all of them make BJJ look like a joke just with basic entry level skills.

Now it's clear you know d**k about martial arts, especially grappling. You can't take someone down who is moving? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KGdwT-E80I

Oh look at that. 9 whole minutes of people being taken down while moving.

Yeah, I'm sure your krotty is too powerful for BJJ.
They were already in freaking touching eachother. And they're WRESTLING, BOTH OF THEM ARE TRYING TO GRAB EACHOTHER.

Try doing any of that to someone 5ft+ away that won't stand still and dryhump with you consentually.

No s**t sherlock. CLINCHING IS ALSO HOW BJJ TAKES OTHERS DOWN, you dumbshit.

Go back to your real ultimate deadly street fighting, and practicing wrist twisty and chun li kicks on some fat guy who throws exaggerated punches in slow motion. Yeah, I bet you could render any BJJ practitioner useless with one of your hulk smashes.
[M.S.T]
User ImageUser Image

User Image

This is just a grappling technique. Though most of the fighting arts I've heard of, it's not advised to get down with the opponent; but in these sports fighting competitions, it's not like a real fight.

Actually it is quite advisable if you know what you're doing. Being bigger and stronger to is negated to a large extent when you're on the ground. And it's about as close to a real fight as you can get. It's full contact sparring.

Quotable Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Tactical Leg Sweep
Actually it is quite advisable if you know what you're doing. Being bigger and stronger to is negated to a large extent when you're on the ground. And it's about as close to a real fight as you can get. It's full contact sparring.

I agree, if you know what you're doing. Certain styles specialize in ground fighting techniques. But I don't consider tournament fighting the same as street, because of the rules but it is full contact.

Quote:
Multiple attackers. Blam, he's dead now. Not all assaults and robberies are with only one assailant.

Multiple attackers. Blam. You're dead now. Oh no, wait, I forgot you're Bruce Lee in enter the dragon. You'll hit three guys surrounding you in the face like
Quote:
Cool, 3 people (at least) against one fat kid. Bravo. Oh wait, the fat kid was the one in the hold. I take that back. That's the worst possible example you could've have shown.

Where were there three kids? Oh wait, there weren't. It was two burglars, one guy who was a blue belt in jiujitsu took down the kid in the video and held him there while the others ran away. OH s**t, MULTIPLE ATTACKERS AND HE DIDN"T GET AIDS NEEDLED.

Quote:
Cool, they're brawling and trading blows. Know what you can't trade blows with? Knives.

Actually there are tons of stories of BJJ taking knvies away. But let's follow your retard logic. Cool, you have a knife. So you abandon your "superior martial arts" eh? Oh, s**t. Now I take out my berreta tomcat. Whoops. BJJ WINS!

Quote:
Oo, hands around his throat at 0:34. Classy. Oh, hey, what if he had a knife? Oh, or what if he had buddies who'd stomp the life out of him. Fortunately, none of these happened because this was two dudes getting in a brawl, not an attempt on anyone's life.

Right, because if there's one things fights should be, it's "classy". God you're the biggest bullshidoka I've ever encountered that I honestly think is serious. It's amazing. lol Right, because it would be totally different if they were fighting for their lives, right? I mean if it was you, you would palm striked a hand shaped hole into that BJJ fighter, because your superior martial arts negate BJJ. Or you know ..you'd abandon it apparently and pull out a knife.

Quote:
Cool, he got no less than 14 solid hits on him before finally grabbing the guy by 1:35. Once again, Knives. Not only would he have died were that a knife fight, but he freaking grabbed him with his legs?!?!?!? One good slash on the inner thigh and you die within minutes.

Right, those were totally solid hits, which is why he was still conscious and fighting and able to calmly apply a triangle choke. Oh, my bad. I guess that's what passes for solid hits at the ULTMATE DEADLY STREET LETHAL fighting center you go to, where you mix it up with 5 year old black belts and fat middle aged men. That you'd think 14 solid hits could occur without someone being knocked out is a testament to how POWERFUL your strikes must be. Once again, your knife vs my gun. I win. What's your point? Really? His inner thigh? Oh, did I forget to mention I'm a Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic? Whoops. You're full of s**t. The inner thigh and you die in minutes? rofl First of all, even if you actually knew what the ******** you were talking about and stabbed someone in the FEMORAL artery, which is nowhere near the "inner thigh", dying within a few minutes? Yeah, no. Since I know your basis for exsanguination is the krotty and Jean Claude Van Damme movies you model your fighting style after, I hate to break it to you, but it takes longer than that. People have had their carotids and even aorta severed and lived for longer than a few minutes.

Quote:
ooh, or multiple attackers. Wait, no, that's overkill. I'll leave this one alone, I've made by point.

And multiple attackers attack you with your knife. With guns. Ooh that's overkill. I'll leave this one alone. I've already made you look stupid.

Quote:
I got bored of this one after a minute and a half of them dryhumping across the room. Knives, yadayadayada, doesn't work with weapons yadayada, gets you killed blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah glock and your knife is useless. Blah blah blah your "superior" martial arts useless against weapons. Blah blah blah you've never been in a real fight in your life.

Quote:
I don't care about boxing. I didn't mention it, and my primary concern is the delusion that taking 2+ minutes to pin someone in the perfect kamasutra love position too embarrassing to get out of without getting stabbed.

Right, because it takes two minutes. Oh wait. You really hate the idea of a male coming into contact with you huh? Maybe we should explore this further. Maybe there's some unresolved issues. For someone who seems to hate it so much you come up with some pretty descriptive phrases for it. It's almost .. wistful.

Quote:
Or when Junie Browning gets beaten and stabbed nearly to death by a group of attackers in Thailand that somehow didn't kill him. Oh wait, that doesn't help you.

Yeah because your superior martial arts would allow you to take on multiple opponents, right? rofl How does that not help me? Roger Huerta beat someone up. HURP DURP THIS GUY DIDN'T. Should we go into the countless stories of your KROTTY practitioners getting killed? How about THE ULTIMATE WEAPON, which is apparently a knife?

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2011/01/30/suspect-in-stabbing-killed-by-police

OH ******** HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I thought a knife was supposed to make you invincible.

Quote:
There's a lot of lethal fighting styles out there that translate well to street. Hint Hint, none of them grapple on the floor for 2 freaking minutes.

LOL Yeah you're a lethal weapon. HINT HINT reality isn't a movie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff