Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

What an absolutely amazing and amazing and amazing insult. Take that feminists you use the website called Tumblr. Now please excuse me while I go and handpick some "crazy feminists" to laugh at and mock to boost my self-confidence and ego.
I'm not really up to speed on the users and the factions of this forum anymore, who are you?

Hygienic Genius

Silent Mule Man
I'm not really up to speed on the users and the factions of this forum anymore, who are you?

My username is literally above my avatar
WalkingEnigma
Silent Mule Man

Yeah, no ******** s**t, Sherlock. Did you have a previous username? Are you new here? Is there a particular group that you associate with?

Hygienic Genius

Silent Mule Man
WalkingEnigma
Silent Mule Man

Yeah, no ******** s**t, Sherlock. Did you have a previous username? Are you new here? Is there a particular group that you associate with?

No, No and No.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I dislike anyone who calls themselves a feminist. That means that they support rights of women, and not equality. It's literally in the name

Have you ever actually been on tumblr? It's chocked full of retards. Don't even get me started on the healthy at every size movement
My Dog Mr. Kitty
I dislike anyone who calls themselves a feminist. That means that they support rights of women, and not equality. It's literally in the name

Have you ever actually been on tumblr? It's chocked full of retards. Don't even get me started on the healthy at every size movement

lmao you are funny. mlk supported the rights of black people. i guess he wasn't for equality either.
WalkingEnigma
Silent Mule Man
WalkingEnigma
Silent Mule Man

No, No and No.

So, yes, you're new. Okay, that's all I was looking for, thank you.

Hygienic Genius

My Dog Mr. Kitty

You wouldn't give money to the poor and the rich to try and make everyone equal. Women have been setback throughout history for sure. I mean, when men even get to choose what you are allowed to wear or actually control your body and force you to have a baby, it's kind of hard not to admit that men do have power over women in some cases. I don't see why a group of people focusing on women's problems suddenly makes things uneven and suddenly ruins equality. You instantly assume that caring about women's rights means you stop caring about men.

Yes, I have been on Tumblr before. It is absolutely nothing like what you're saying. If you're searching for idiots or "crazy" feminists to mock, that's what you get.

Of course, with all things said and done, feminism still has some problems with some of the people who are part of the movement. For example, some people refuse to consider trans women as women and say that they have "male privilege" when they don't. But you know the people who call this kind of behavior out? Other feminists.

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
esoteric paradigms
My Dog Mr. Kitty

lmao you are funny. mlk supported the rights of black people. i guess he wasn't for equality either.
He supported the rights of black people to get to the point where white people were. The term feminist doesn't state that

Just consider how the idea of a black rights activist is widely considered a positive title, while a white rights activist would be almost universally called a racist

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
WalkingEnigma
My Dog Mr. Kitty

You wouldn't give money to the poor and the rich to try and make everyone equal. Women have been setback throughout history for sure. I mean, when men even get to choose what you are allowed to wear or actually control your body and force you to have a baby, it's kind of hard not to admit that men do have power over women in some cases. I don't see why a group of people focusing on women's problems suddenly makes things uneven and suddenly ruins equality. You instantly assume that caring about women's rights means you stop caring about men.

Yes, I have been on Tumblr before. It is absolutely nothing like what you're saying. If you're searching for idiots or "crazy" feminists to mock, that's what you get.

Of course, with all things said and done, feminism still has some problems with some of the people who are part of the movement. For example, some people refuse to consider trans women as women and say that they have "male privilege" when they don't. But you know the people who call this kind of behavior out? Other feminists.

Your rich and poor analogy is faulty. Currently men have more privileges than women in many circumstances, and women have more privileges than men in many circumstances. But overall we're pretty even in modern American and other western cultures. To claim to only support womens rights insinuates that you don't care about mens rights

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Using Tumblr is not the point of insult. Tumblr feminists have a reputation, and to be called one is to demean and separate you from those feminists worth listening to. It's kind of like how slacktivist isn't insulting activism or sedentary recreation, but the particular paradigm to which it refers - the unsightly and ineffective fusion of the two.

Hygienic Genius

Yoshpet
Using Tumblr is not the point of insult. Tumblr feminists have a reputation, and to be called one is to demean and separate you from those feminists worth listening to. It's kind of like how slacktivist isn't insulting activism or sedentary recreation, but the particular paradigm to which it refers - the unsightly and ineffective fusion of the two.

Oh yes, when was the last time someone used the insult Facebook feminist? The point is that the insult in and of itself is stupid because it relies on a stereotype that very few feminists on Tumblr actually are. But as we all know, the most vocal minority seem to become the majority at some point.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
WalkingEnigma
Yoshpet

Oh yes, when was the last time someone used the insult Facebook feminist? The point is that the insult in and of itself is stupid because it relies on a stereotype that very few feminists on Tumblr actually are. But as we all know, the most vocal minority seem to become the majority at some point.

Because Facebook feminists aren't notorious for anything in particular. Did you not understand when I said it's not about the website but perceived trends from that specific group?

Are you upset because you use tumblr, or is this just about disagreeing with feminism at all?

Dangerous Conversationalist

5,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Tycoon 200
If you look for some human weakness by any name you will find it effortlessly. It may be harder to find human strength, but it is far more rewarding.

It's just as easy to find human weakness as it is to demean others for holding beliefs that differ from our own. And it is immensely harder to foster understanding and wait patiently for even the first signs of tolerance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff