This poll closed on January 7, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3

your a nerd

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
I blame parents! They feel guilty for not spending time with their kids and give in to their their every whim.
Kyoushi_HaraHara
I blame parents! They feel guilty for not spending time with their kids and give in to their their every whim.

i'd have to agree with this gentel man
Iv seen a 7-8 year old wearing a tight denim tube top and a almost non-existant miniskirt. Thats not the worst thing though. Where I live kids never started swearing untill they were in grade 8 or 9. Everyday when I walk past the elementary school infront of my house I hear kids that are in grade 3 fighting and swearing at eachother while the kids on bikes swirve madly on the sidewalks heading streight for everyone on the sidewalk before turning away at the last moment... confused I really feel like punching them all...
Jaya-Fairie-Child
(well we really wouldn't we're guilty of it too but it sure gave them a scare!)

so, if this means you smoke then it is you who is the problem. kids want to be like the people just older than them and those 6th graders want to be like you. the media brought it to you, and the fact that most people's parents, today, grew up strict and did not want the same for their kids, are loose with what they allow their children to do. slowly the age of kids doing things like smoking got less and less, and now middle school kids are just as bad as high schoolers were 10 years ago.
HeavansHand
Iv seen a 7-8 year old wearing a tight denim tube top and a almost non-existant miniskirt. Thats not the worst thing though. Where I live kids never started swearing untill they were in grade 8 or 9. Everyday when I walk past the elementary school infront of my house I hear kids that are in grade 3 fighting and swearing at eachother while the kids on bikes swirve madly on the sidewalks heading streight for everyone on the sidewalk before turning away at the last moment... confused I really feel like punching them all...

Heh heh. I know this 6yr-old that swears,and steals.Me and my friends are getting her to stop stealing tho, but we cant exactly stop her swearing coz we were swearing from grade 4 up and we r now in yr 9 so ya. But I still thinkit's wrong & the only reason I started swearing so young was because of my step-brother & my mum and Austin fighting. And then they started copying me!!copy cats >.>
Err im friggen sick of people blaming kids problems on the MEDIA!.....face it the kids ******** up!
parents who don't give a S***... if they want thier kids kidnapped and raped and possibly killed.. then why not but mom's need to get a grip and not buy those clothes and fashion people need to stop selling it.. I can't go to the juniors department anymore for clothed that fit.. if i want a skirt where my a** hangs our or a sheer shirt that covers nothing I know where to go but I try to have something i can wear to work and not look like a darn whore..
I believe several things play a part in it. I think that this little story will tell it all.

Alright, a little girl is watching T.V and sees Britney Spears dressed up like a whore. Being dressed like adults makes them feel like adults so she wants to dress like that. Her parents want their little girl(More like spoiled brat but that's my opinion. I have trouble dealing with small kids.) to be popular and they spoil their kid so they let her do it. Other girls had the same thoughts as that girl and they think that with enough nagging, they can get their parents to let them so they beg their parents. Soon enough, it becomes popular and other little girls who want to be popular do the same.

Although the media started it, other factors came in and continued it. If the parents didn't spoil their kids, this may not have happened. On top of that, so many parents spoil their kids that it became the popular thing and other girls do it. If little girls were not so concerned with being popular, it might not of began to beg. The truth of it is, it's probably not going to stop any time soon until parents stop spoiling their brats, I mean kids.
Jaya-Fairie-Child
Well i was in like Walmart i think yesterday and i say like a no older than 8 year old dressed like friggen Brittney Spears, She had a short Tube top and a short leather skirt and yah know...those hooker boots and omg i felt like slapping her mother for letting her dress like that! What would possess you to let yer kid dress like that? And at my school (goes fr grades 6-9) i saw a WHOLE BUNCH of gr 6r's down by the beach where me and my friends always go and they were smoking.....we told them to stop or we'd tell the principal (well we really wouldn't we're guilty of it too but it sure gave them a scare!) so they stopped and ran back to school.....I blame this on the Media....not entirly but mostly...what do you people think?
I would have to think media plays a big role in influencing kids today, and it always has had an effect. I also believe that whatever peer groups that person associates him/herself is another factor.
Has anyone heard of a store called Libby Lou? If you have, you'll understand when I say that store scares the living crap out of me. gonk

We have one at the local mall where I live, and it's horrible! They have all this 'Britney Spears' look alike clothing and TONS of body glitter products. You can get your hair done and everthing there and look like a 'Pop star'. It's really bad. The girls that go there are between the ages of 3-10ish. Its just sad to see a 7 year old with body glitter and wearing fake leather(which barely covers anything scream ) and see her dancing around thinking that she looks 'cool'.

Since times are changing, kids these days are seeing, learning, doing things that someone at their age wouldn't know about 20 or so years ago. I hate to think about how it will be when I (if I ever get married and have kids of my own) have kids, what will they think and try to do to be 'cool'. *shudders*
Dude...the WAVE of the FUTURE seems to me to be LIBERAL. XD People think it's okay to be looser about things.

I'd KILL for a mother who would've let me wear things like that at that age. It seems perfectly fine to me.
HeavansHand
same here...like...uggg stoopid youngsters! scream
the worst ive seen was this little girl with her mom, about 5 or 6, wearing a shirt that said 'playbaby'
crying crying crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces