Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
It is not your self proclaimed stereotype that got you into trouble, it was your own actions. Your stereotype does not dictate your actions. You do that yourself.

Choices are not stereotype for the record.

Exactly. However you made the choice to intertwine with what you said into stereotypes, therefore undermining what these skin-surface stereotypes actually represent.

No. I made the choice to be Just be an atheist.
Mark_Karev
Brothern
Brothern
Mark_Karev
Anouska
You called his God superficial, evil and a lie. Go and do the maths.

Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.

Actually, that is proper English. The English study 'maths', but Americans study 'math'.

Also, imho, just wish them back a Merry Christmas. It's a lot easier, friendlier and will save you a lot of stress, because it's fecking pointless to argue about a holiday greeting. Go and donate $20 to the American Atheists, Freedom from Religion Foundation or other nontheist/humanist organizations instead.

First, "the" with a word which ends with a 's' doesn't go. "do THE MATHS" doesn't go.
Second, if I posted this on Christmas doesn't mean it's all about Christmas. I was talking in general for goodness' sake. talk2hand

I'm telling you, in non-American English, it's completely correct to say that. It's an oddity of the English language. Words such as 'physics' and 'linguistics' follow that same collective noun pattern: "Linguistics is his major in college" or "The physics is correct in that theory".

Other than that, keep your religion like a p***s. You don't show it in public, and you don't shove it down other people's throats. We are not exempted (and neither is your friend), simply because we are atheists and your friend is a Christian.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Brothern
Mark_Karev
Brothern
Brothern
Mark_Karev
Anouska
You called his God superficial, evil and a lie. Go and do the maths.

Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.

Actually, that is proper English. The English study 'maths', but Americans study 'math'.

Also, imho, just wish them back a Merry Christmas. It's a lot easier, friendlier and will save you a lot of stress, because it's fecking pointless to argue about a holiday greeting. Go and donate $20 to the American Atheists, Freedom from Religion Foundation or other nontheist/humanist organizations instead.

First, "the" with a word which ends with a 's' doesn't go. "do THE MATHS" doesn't go.
Second, if I posted this on Christmas doesn't mean it's all about Christmas. I was talking in general for goodness' sake. talk2hand

I'm telling you, in non-American English, it's completely correct to say that. It's an oddity of the English language. Words such as 'physics' and 'linguistics' follow that same collective noun pattern: "Linguistics is his major in college" or "The physics is correct in that theory".

Other than that, keep your religion like a p***s. You don't show it in public, and you don't shove it down other people's throats. We are not exempted (and neither is your friend), simply because we are atheists and your friend is a Christian.

No. In British it's wrong.

If I was that much of chicken then maybe you wouldn't have quoted me.
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
It is not your self proclaimed stereotype that got you into trouble, it was your own actions. Your stereotype does not dictate your actions. You do that yourself.

Exactly. However you made the choice to intertwine with what you said into stereotypes, therefore undermining what these skin-surface stereotypes actually represent.

I'm pretty sure you're mistaking my point. The choice I'm referring to is not your stereotype. Your stereotype you've presented in the title- atheist- has nothing to do with the choice you made in not respecting another individual's stereotype. You chose to be disrespectful with your actions, it has nothing to do with your stereotype.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken

I'm pretty sure you're mistaking my point. The choice I'm referring to is not your stereotype. Your stereotype you've presented in the title- atheist- has nothing to do with the choice you made in not respecting another individual's stereotype. You chose to be disrespectful with your actions, it has nothing to do with your stereotype.

I wasn't being disrespectful anywhere, it must've been portrayed that way but not any intention to do so. -___-
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev

I wasn't being disrespectful anywhere, it must've been portrayed that way but not any intention to do so. -___-

um

Quote:
"I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone."

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken

um

Quote:
"I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone."

That's inclusive of 'my choice'. It was my choice to feel hatred for something, hate is an emotion. You can't control it. It's not meant to be disrespectful. Sheesh !
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev

um

Quote:

That's inclusive of 'my choice'. It was my choice to feel hatred for something, hate is an emotion. You can't control it. It's not meant to be disrespectful. Sheesh !

Well that's awesome if you believe that! Then you can understand why they responded in such a way. Therefore your question: "When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?" is useless. It's very hypocritical to assume they should give you prudence while you may lash out.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken

um

Quote:

Well that's awesome if you believe that! Then you can understand why they responded in such a way. Therefore your question: "When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?" is useless. It's very hypocritical to assume they should give you prudence while you may lash out.

Hmm. I guess you're right.

Sparkly Hunter

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mark_Karev
I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone. He replies with such rudeness as I didn't know about his deep belief in god and today he texts me "Merry Christmas, Sir Atheist". Such a Taunt.
Why do people consider atheists as uneducated or something as low? When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?
An Atheist or A Theist - What would you go for and why?

Except you weren't respecting his beliefs anymore than he was respecting yours.

What you said was rude and disrespectful.

It's basically "superficial" and "deceived" vs "uneducated" and "low"

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
worse than i seem
Mark_Karev
I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone. He replies with such rudeness as I didn't know about his deep belief in god and today he texts me "Merry Christmas, Sir Atheist". Such a Taunt.
Why do people consider atheists as uneducated or something as low? When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?
An Atheist or A Theist - What would you go for and why?

Except you weren't respecting his beliefs anymore than he was respecting yours.

What you said was rude and disrespectful.

It's basically "superficial" and "deceived" vs "uneducated" and "low"

I see

Aged Lunatic

Here on planet Earth, when you insult people's religion or beliefs, they get insulted. Get used to that.

Hallowed Hunter

Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev
Tuken
Mark_Karev

um

Quote:

Well which is it?

Hunter

Simply put, your friend was disrespectful to you because you were disrespectful to him. He's mocking your beliefs because you were mocking his. You are allowed to believe what you want and he is allowed to believe what he wants. By calling his deeply-held beliefs superficial and wrong, you disrespected him, so he disrespected you in kind.

Of course, you're not going to listen to me. Anyone who invalidates someone's points on account of silly grammar errors can't have much sense in their heads.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Shadow of Wednesday
Simply put, your friend was disrespectful to you because you were disrespectful to him. He's mocking your beliefs because you were mocking his. You are allowed to believe what you want and he is allowed to believe what he wants. By calling his deeply-held beliefs superficial and wrong, you disrespected him, so he disrespected you in kind.

Of course, you're not going to listen to me. Anyone who invalidates someone's points on account of silly grammar errors can't have much sense in their heads.

Hmm. No i got your point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces