Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tiggette
Christmas in modern day society is so utilized by the media that, like Easter, it has lost its core religious meaning. Santa Christmas is void of all religious themes. Therefore you shouldn't even worry about it being "awkward" because you're atheist.

You were rude in wording your views in such a harsh way. Saying superficial as if you were ensuring that his beliefs were completely false even though neither of you have any clue.

No. You don't. Don't give me that s**t.

As if you're the goddess of all the gods and only you know the what's ultimate. Bleh!

Invisible Seeker

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Mark_Karev
Tiggette
Christmas in modern day society is so utilized by the media that, like Easter, it has lost its core religious meaning. Santa Christmas is void of all religious themes. Therefore you shouldn't even worry about it being "awkward" because you're atheist.

You were rude in wording your views in such a harsh way. Saying superficial as if you were ensuring that his beliefs were completely false even though neither of you have any clue.

As if you're the goddess of all the gods and only you know the what's ultimate. Bleh!

Same to you, sweetheart.
Mark_Karev
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

The expectation to say whatever things another may find offensive without them responding in kind.

If I'm talking or telling you about my choices, that is the personal ones then how does it be offending to another? It's my personal choice, it is Not rude or meant to offend anyone, clearly.

You said that you hate belief, that people's (G/g)od is/are superficial, and that they were just stories to decieve people, the insinuation being that you were not deceived, and that those that are of lesser mental resistivity. That is why it was offensive.
Also, your "personal choice" makes factual claims. Until you substantiate these claims (namely that gods are superficial, and that they were all just stories to deceive people), you will seems as objectively foolish as those you criticise.

Look, neither was I criticizing anyone nor was I proclaiming my thoughts or 'my personal choice' on anyone. As far as Hate is concerned, the hate I mentioned above was not about me hating in believing on something but it was about me hating to believe in something when some people who believe cannot justify as to why they believe. Also, this is a radical thought and radical thoughts are Never taken in the judgmental context in literature.

Spare me; you reported yourself providing no respect, and that is what was reciprocated. Reasons for considering you as uneducated or low are as follows; Your inability to comprehend when you are rude, your misunderstanding of what constitutes "respect", your misconception of your relative positions, and to a lesser extent, the garbled manner in which you say "respect on".

No! Till now, I was being respectful and non-rude guy about this issue. Just saying and with an expression of expressing your view points is not the right justification to take me or anyone rude. If that it was, I could have taken you rude since your first post too. I was discussing for the goodness' sake.

Showing respect is participating in grace despite being an atheist. Personally, my gut tells me that you wouldn't be caught dead doing that.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Vincent the Forlorn
Mark_Karev
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

You said that you hate belief, that people's (G/g)od is/are superficial, and that they were just stories to decieve people, the insinuation being that you were not deceived, and that those that are of lesser mental resistivity. That is why it was offensive.
Also, your "personal choice" makes factual claims. Until you substantiate these claims (namely that gods are superficial, and that they were all just stories to deceive people), you will seems as objectively foolish as those you criticise.

Look, neither was I criticizing anyone nor was I proclaiming my thoughts or 'my personal choice' on anyone. As far as Hate is concerned, the hate I mentioned above was not about me hating in believing on something but it was about me hating to believe in something when some people who believe cannot justify as to why they believe. Also, this is a radical thought and radical thoughts are Never taken in the judgmental context in literature.

Spare me; you reported yourself providing no respect, and that is what was reciprocated. Reasons for considering you as uneducated or low are as follows; Your inability to comprehend when you are rude, your misunderstanding of what constitutes "respect", your misconception of your relative positions, and to a lesser extent, the garbled manner in which you say "respect on".

No! Till now, I was being respectful and non-rude guy about this issue. Just saying and with an expression of expressing your view points is not the right justification to take me or anyone rude. If that it was, I could have taken you rude since your first post too. I was discussing for the goodness' sake.

Showing respect is participating in grace despite being an atheist. Personally, my gut tells me that you wouldn't be caught dead doing that.

Righto.
Mark_Karev
Vincent the Forlorn
Mark_Karev
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

Righto.

Yeah.
Mark_Karev
I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone. He replies with such rudeness as I didn't know about his deep belief in god and today he texts me "Merry Christmas, Sir Atheist". Such a Taunt.
Why do people consider atheists as uneducated or something as low? When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?
An Atheist or A Theist - What would you go for and why?

First, you were more rude to turn by turning to, according to your tale, a random stranger and mention how you think religion is a farce, especially, as you mention, when you had no idea what the person's religion was.

Second, by alleging that a person's faith deceives them and others, you are not being respectful.
It is not your self proclaimed stereotype that got you into trouble, it was your own actions. Your stereotype does not dictate your actions. You do that yourself.
Mark_Karev
Anouska
You called his God superficial, evil and a lie. Go and do the maths.

Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.

Actually, that is proper English. The English study 'maths', but Americans study 'math'.
Brothern
Mark_Karev
Anouska

Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.

Actually, that is proper English. The English study 'maths', but Americans study 'math'.

Also, imho, just wish them back a Merry Christmas. It's a lot easier, friendlier and will save you a lot of stress, because it's fecking pointless to argue about a holiday greeting. Go and donate $20 to the American Atheists, Freedom from Religion Foundation or other nontheist/humanist organizations instead.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tuken
It is not your self proclaimed stereotype that got you into trouble, it was your own actions. Your stereotype does not dictate your actions. You do that yourself.

Choices are not stereotype for the record.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Brothern
Brothern
Mark_Karev
Anouska

Also, imho, just wish them back a Merry Christmas. It's a lot easier, friendlier and will save you a lot of stress, because it's fecking pointless to argue about a holiday greeting. Go and donate $20 to the American Atheists, Freedom from Religion Foundation or other nontheist/humanist organizations instead.

First, "the" with a word which ends with a 's' doesn't go. "do THE MATHS" doesn't go.
Second, if I posted this on Christmas doesn't mean it's all about Christmas. I was talking in general for goodness' sake. talk2hand

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Tiggette
Mark_Karev
Tiggette

Same to you, sweetheart.

Btw, nice siggy. Who drew?

Fanatical Zealot

Superficial does not mean non existent.

Fanatical Zealot

Besides, who cares if my God is better than your God?

You need to get over yourself. : P
Mark_Karev
Tuken

Choices are not stereotype for the record.

Exactly. However you made the choice to intertwine with what you said into stereotypes, therefore undermining what these skin-surface stereotypes actually represent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff