Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone. He replies with such rudeness as I didn't know about his deep belief in god and today he texts me "Merry Christmas, Sir Atheist". Such a Taunt.
Why do people consider atheists as uneducated or something as low? When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?
An Atheist or A Theist - What would you go for and why?

Angelic Millionaire

You called his God superficial, evil and a lie. Go and do the maths.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Anouska

Spirits are superficial. -___-
Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.
Mark_Karev
I remember the other day I was telling one of my seniors how much I hate believing in some superficial spirit like God's and how the stories deceive everyone. He replies with such rudeness as I didn't know about his deep belief in god and today he texts me "Merry Christmas, Sir Atheist". Such a Taunt.
Why do people consider atheists as uneducated or something as low? When we respect on your beliefs over some superficial spirit then why don't you (everyone who are theists) respect ours?
Maybe because the guy you were talking to views your commentary and opinions on world religion just as rude as you dislike for how some religions treat those of the non religious ilk.
My guess is that you don't understand proper social conduct, and that you are overprivileged.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Dryskale
Mark_Karev
Maybe because the guy you were talking to views your commentary and opinions on world religion just as rude as you dislike for how some religions treat those of the non religious ilk.

Disliking something or someone is NOT rude. It's a personal choice and mine is to be an atheist.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Fermionic
My guess is that you don't understand proper social conduct, and that you are overprivileged.

Please elaborate on which aspect do you see me over privileged?

Angelic Millionaire

Mark_Karev
Anouska

Go and learn how to frame sentences with proper English, we'll have a talk then.

Jeez, I can't understand why anyone would hate you... Seriously though, a little social 101, act like douche and expect to be treated like a douche- in religion they call it karma lulz.
Mark_Karev

Disliking something or someone is NOT rude. It's a personal choice and mine is to be an atheist.
You are correct when you say that simply dislikeing something isn't rude. I'm just curious what made your comments about religions relevant to your current conversation? Were you asked about your beliefs or why you don't care for religion? If not, it can be considered rude to just state for no specific reason why you don't like something unprovoked.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Anouska
Mark_Karev
Anouska

Jeez, I can't understand why anyone would hate you... Seriously though, a little social 101, act like douche and expect to be treated like a douche- in religion they call it karma lulz.

No one hates me. I never mentioned hate here. -__- cry
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

The expectation to say whatever things another may find offensive without them responding in kind.

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Dryskale
Mark_Karev

You are correct when you say that simply dislikeing something isn't rude. I'm just curious what made your comments about religions relevant to your current conversation? Were you asked about your beliefs or why you don't care for religion? If not, it can be considered rude to just state for no specific reason why you don't like something unprovoked.

I was asked both. Also the reason is that in reference to superficial spirits they say, "If you think positive and work hard, god will support you", and what I want to say here is that if You work hard you get the fruit of it , so why is God who doesn't even exist without deceiving people getting the credit of what you get after working hard that is the success fruit of it?

Hilarious Prophet

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

The expectation to say whatever things another may find offensive without them responding in kind.

If I'm talking or telling you about my choices, that is the personal ones then how does it be offending to another? It's my personal choice, it is Not rude or meant to offend anyone, clearly.
Mark_Karev

I was asked both. Also the reason is that in reference to superficial spirits they say, "If you think positive and work hard, god will support you", and what I want to say here is that if You work hard you get the fruit of it , so why is God who doesn't even exist without deceiving people getting the credit of what you get after working hard that is the success fruit of it?
This depends on whether you are talking about Judaism, Catholicism, or the various protestant denominations. In Judaism, God either sends curses, blights, or woahs for those that don't trust in him. The ones that put their devotion in him get blessing and Grace. In the Various forms of Christianity, by worshiping and giving obedience to the teachings and worship of the Trinity/Jesus's sacrifice, you will be blessed and the fruits of a man's labor will show whether or not they truly believe in the Principle's of Jesus.

The short and simple answer is that in these religions God is seen as being directly involved in the lives of people and only allows what he wills to happen.
Mark_Karev
Fermionic
Mark_Karev
Fermionic

If I'm talking or telling you about my choices, that is the personal ones then how does it be offending to another? It's my personal choice, it is Not rude or meant to offend anyone, clearly.

You said that you hate belief, that people's (G/g)od is/are superficial, and that they were just stories to decieve people, the insinuation being that you were not deceived, and that those that are of lesser mental resistivity. That is why it was offensive.
Also, your "personal choice" makes factual claims. Until you substantiate these claims (namely that gods are superficial, and that they were all just stories to deceive people), you will seems as objectively foolish as those you criticise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff