Welcome to Gaia! ::

should we help more?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 29, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6

oh boohoo, poor ppl stuck in tidal wave! SUCKERS! they had no warnin system! serves em right!

plus we killed off some of the worlds vast overpopulation! wohoo!
I think that everyone is helping out loads, not just the states and Japan. I know that even provincial governments are giving here. I think they'll be alright if this continues at the current rate. I don't think that we need to give lots more, because everyone is giving lots. If you really want to support, you can send your own cash in too.
I feel so bad for the people over there. Oh my heck! It makes me so sad! My best friend was over there for vacation, and I havn't heard from him. All i can think of is the death tolls. They just keep rising and rising.. They havn't even found everyone yet. I think that people could help out alot more!
There's an H in Thailand, you do realize.
Yushi Yamasan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i just learned that the apidemic and the starvation that this will couse might make the death toll past 150,000 people... they say this is the largest relief operation in human history....

really? on CNN they said the toll might reach 60,000..
but yeah with the epidemic.. sad

they said on CNN also that the death toll was the worst at sri lanka(sp?) at like 18,000..
i think that they should cremate the bodies. i know its disrespectful but it would save more lives and eliminate the grave problem and just throwing them in a ditch somewhere, and also it would get rid of any sickness that would spread.

yes that would help save more lives... but there are to many to keep track of... the familys have started burieng them already.. and there were thousands of tourists there... i feel so sorry for their familys back home... there loved ones have to be buried in tailand.... i mean they cant ship each and every tourist... its all so sad...

yeah imagine the tourists on the beach! i just dont understand why they didnt just let themselves go with the flow if they were in the water. meh.. there was debris..

i just find it absolutely amazing that all this trajedy could happen just like that! *snaps finger while saying "just like that"* and everyone not being aware of it.
i think that when people with the seismic(sp?) readers shouldve given them some kind of warning when it first started. even though ifit was only a few minutes away. a few minutes wouldve been enough to save thousands of people..

the problem is that there arent any warnings for tidal waves.. and if your on the beach when one comes... your dead.. this thing came in at 500 MPH!! 500.. that just boggles my mind...

YES. my aunts husband said the exact same thing. that it went <b>500</b> mph. thats pretty amazing.

i heard on CNN like a week ago that this owner of an orphanage on the beach saw the wave coming so he took all the kids and went out in ihis boat in the water. in the interview he stated that all he did was pray that things worked out right and he eventually ended up saving ALL of the kids while the orphanage was totally destroyed.
i find that really amazing.
its really sad
Alright, one thing: tidal waves and tsunamis are two TOTALLY different things. I'm sure someone else must have pointed this out by now, but just so it's drilled into your brain... Maybe people get confused and try to donate to the tidal wave destruction relief fund, but run into problems. It's possible. I'm sure there's at least one person in the world.

If anyone's not happy with the amount currently being given by their country, there's nothing stopping someone from solely donating through a charitable organization for it. I've come across quite a few in the past week. If you decide to do that, have fun!

Ciao.
I said this in the other tsunami thread, but I will say it again here...
I think what happened was bad and all, but I just don't feel that it's something that I need to worry my time over. This is what nature intended and that can't be changed. I mean for all those religous people out there, this is what God had intended, so I think that we should just let nature take it's course... I mean if nature intends for me to die tomorrow, then I die tomorrow... And if nature intended me to suffer after a tsunami or tornado, then I suffer... And if I'm supposed to live, well then, I'm still gonna be alive... I'm sorry if I sound like a callous b***h (I have been called that.) But that's what I believe...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff