Welcome to Gaia! ::

should we help more?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 29, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Quote:
Quote:
11 billion animals are killed every year just to feed humans in the USA. 11 BILLION and that's just one country. They all had minds and were alive. Yet very few people care about them. But now that 60000 humans die suddenly everyones crying even though it's less than the number that would have died that day anyway.

we're talking about homo sapiens, not animals, for one thing. it might be less than the number that would have died that day in the world, but 60000 people suddenly dying in ONE PLACE is very traumatic.

don't listen to that insensitive jerk.... stare
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
11 billion animals are killed every year just to feed humans in the USA. 11 BILLION and that's just one country. They all had minds and were alive. Yet very few people care about them. But now that 60000 humans die suddenly everyones crying even though it's less than the number that would have died that day anyway.

we're talking about homo sapiens, not animals, for one thing. it might be less than the number that would have died that day in the world, but 60000 people suddenly dying in ONE PLACE is very traumatic.
Humans are animals.

Oh my goodness, HOW did i know you were going to say that? *gets more than mildly irritated* Sorry, I just assumed that you knew what I was trying to say.
I made a thread connecting with this event on Sunday, December 26th. I have updates on news articles as I come across them, keeping up with the aftermath of the earthquake causing the tsunamis...
Quote:
Like it or not, we're in a war we can't afford. I hate to be all negative, I'd love to help as much as possible, but I don't think our country can afford much of that right now. Medical care is going to our troops.

well we are the richest country in the world... we make 40 million dollars a day! dont you think that we can spare a little bit?
I don't think help should be measured in money, I think that we should have drives where a list of needed supplies is given for people to help as they wish. I'd take a few jugs of water and maybe more if I was given the chance, but I know I wouldn't hand my money over because help can be measured in so many other ways, that truly count.
Hmm. Sometimes I just start thinking that money is really stupid... I know it's not and that it's what keeps the economy going and such, but... why can't the mint just print out a whole lot more when a crisis calls for it?!
Quote:

You are missing the point... yes thousands of people die every day from one cause or another... but whole villages and families being wiped out does not happen every day, also this is ON TOP OF all the deaths that occur normally... it is not as if no one else died that day ... it is that MORE died that day than usual! This does affect everyone! WHOLE LAND MASSES MOVED! The earth was thrown off of its normal axis... yesterday was a fraction of a second shorter than any other day... this may not seem like much to you but in a sense reality was thrown out of wack yesterday!
Quote:
Quote:
Like it or not, we're in a war we can't afford. I hate to be all negative, I'd love to help as much as possible, but I don't think our country can afford much of that right now. Medical care is going to our troops.

well we are the richest country in the world... we make 40 million dollars a day! dont you think that we can spare a little bit?

But aren't we already doing so? We can't spend more than we can afford to give. Soldiers are still dying, and our nation is eternally in debt, if you really look at things.
Quote:
I don't think help should be measured in money, I think that we should have drives where a list of needed supplies is given for people to help as they wish. I'd take a few jugs of water and maybe more if I was given the chance, but I know I wouldn't hand my money over because help can be measured in so many other ways, that truly count.

true i think we should have a drive! like caned foods or water jugs like you said.. it would help a lot! i have to go see ya!
Quote:
Quote:

You are missing the point... yes thousands of people die every day from one cause or another... but whole villages and families being wiped out does not happen every day, also this is ON TOP OF all the deaths that occur normally... it is not as if no one else died that day ... it is that MORE died that day than usual! This does affect everyone! WHOLE LAND MASSES MOVED! The earth was thrown off of its normal axis... yesterday was a fraction of a second shorter than any other day... this may not seem like much to you but in a sense reality was thrown out of wack yesterday!

u tell em babygirl! xd
You guys have to realize that we're in debt to ourselves. It would be nice if we could donate, and if we could afford to give more money to them, I say, give it to them. They need it more than us. But the problem is, money just doesn't appear. We can't simply just print more bills. It's all backed by something, you know. We aren't magic and we can't help everyone..
*sighs*
well everyone i will be back later i need to go play sum DDR! xd ^_^
yeah, bai, i'm gonna do some heart-lifting anime karaoke... *sighs*
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

u tell em babygirl! xd
It is the truth! Half of the Island of Sumatra is now completely moved away from its origional place. Also since he wants to talk about animals... You know how many endagered species there are in Asia? Certain Types of tigers ONLY live on the coastal regions... I wonder how many endangered species of animals suffered irrversable loss because of this...
if we werent in debt we should give them more money...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff