Welcome to Gaia! ::

This post.

You need to learn the meaning of Brevity. 0.16883116883117 16.9% [ 13 ]
I understood it, I just don't agree with it. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 33 ]
I hate you. (Me: Get in line.) 0.051948051948052 5.2% [ 4 ]
Some other thing (I'm too lazy to post anything else). 0.35064935064935 35.1% [ 27 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24

XxTheVeganVampirexX
Silent Mule Man

There's no justification to the waiting. Mass suicide is still the best answer.

arrow I'm too attached to my life, shitty though it might be. Don't think I'll do that.

arrow You've gotten your point across. Kudos.

See, that tenacity is a good thing. Keeps you young.

Anxious Browser

Harley Jade Linnea
SincerelyNeon
The Legendary Guest
SincerelyNeon
So I'm just now walking into this.

We need to address the issues that lead to a person choosing to have an abortion (lack of parenting support, finances, education etc.)

(In consensual circumstances)
A woman has the right to choose......

then she should be choosing education and birth control and these things should be readily available to her AND the men she will sleep with.

Yes, I said men. We need to uplift our men and give them half the responsibility too. It takes two to make a child and no one wants to talk about the man's role we all wanna play blame game on Women. I get it Women fought for rights to terminate pregnancy and not have male involvement, but if we can meet the men at some point before they do their half. I know we can make a dent in this issue so maybe, one day. Women won't "HAVE" to choose abortion, it won't be their "only option".

Are you aware of some other option that I am not aware of that is available to a pregnant person who does not wish to remain pregnant, other than abortion?

I'm going before the pregnancy. I'm going to society. I'm going to the mindset before you engage in consensual sex.

The thing about abortion is usually not the actual act of being pregnant. It's nine months out of a possible 70+ years. It is, can I support this life I'm carrying? Can i support my own life? What does the future hold as a result of me continuing to let this life inside of me grow?

Care to prove any of this?

SincerelyNeon
If choosing abortion is about the actual body of a person who had consensual sex with inadequate protection then that is selfish and dare I say it? Yes. Evil.

Good to know you're all about punishing women and not actually protecting lives.

SincerelyNeon
Sex is a responsibility, it isn't for pleasure and fun,

I beg to differ. If I have sex with my honey you best believe its only for pleasure and fun.

SincerelyNeon
it has one purpose, to create life.

This is false. If this were true infertile people, sterilized people, and post-menopausal women would not have the desire to have sex. Not only that but if its sole purpose was procreation then humans would have an estrus cycle and would only breed during such times.

SincerelyNeon
You want an orgasm? Go play with yourself. Half the time you get off better.

Spoken like a virgin... or someone with a shitty sex partner.

See you are going into the sidelines, my ultimate point is, if you have consensual sex and choose not to use protection, you are putting yourself at risk, whether it is pregnancy or even an STD. hopefully neither, but it happens and if you abort your child because of "OH! The changes to my body" when you laid down and didn't mind someone beating your walls out, then that is selfish.

"I'm a woman, I have the right to choose what to do with my body!"

Well choose to protect it.

I BELIEVE for the sake of the discussion, and you can't change my mind, that abortion should not be used in instances of irresponsibly. But am I in this forum fighting for abortion to be banned? No.

arrow Also, I rephrase again, so that less women will feel the need to get an abortion, I take this back to before the pregnancy, take this to society to provide supportive service and education for ALL people, men and women, before they lay down and do their thing.

Mind you, I actually have two children. I am 23.

I took a pregnancy test on my 18th birthday and thought about myself and my high school sweetheart and over the course of the previous months having unprotected sex. That was stupid and selfish of me and him.

When the blue line showed up I knew I wasn't exactly ready, but I saw his heartbeat at that week. (I was 10 weeks pregnant). I saw his barely created limbs attached to this strange avocado shape and I knew I would be taking a life that I willingly laid down and gave the opportunity for creation. There was nothing wrong with my pregnancy, there was nothing wrong with the fetal development, I was willing to learn to become a parent, so there no need for me to terminate the pregnancy. .

I kept my son, he'll be five at the end of the month, he'll start kindergarten this year. He's so smart and creative. He's a great big brother to my 20 month old son.

When you choose to have sex, you should be educated on how to take responsibility.
Anyone can get an STD
and some people can create or take a life.
If you can't handle those outcomes but you simply don't want to use protection. I personally believe, you need to F yourself.

Literally. biggrin

I do think abortion has a place in this world. I do.
And those reasons are acceptable for personal choice and not for anyone else outside the pregnant woman to dictate. but I personally believe... as an option for flat out irresponsibility?
Abortion should be the last thing to consider as an option.

I'm not going to fight for abortion to be banned, but I feel that there are things people should take into account when getting it on. You can play with your own life and other people's lives just by having sex.

Why are you so obsessed with calling people virgins by the way?
There is nothing wrong with being a virgin, and there is nothing wrong with sleeping around... as long as you're responsible about it before hand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff