Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Wife

Not "PEOPLE ARE DYING"

Specifically because people try to guilt trip with pictures of dead children. I have no feelings for that dead toddler on the Greek Beech. Sure, it's sad.

But I specifically know it will just happen again, 10, 20, 30 years from now.

Because ME has always seen conflict.

So... STFU.

You weren't afraid of American GIs.

But you run from people who rape left and right. Drop bombs everywhere. Blah blah blah.

God damn ******** like Brazil 1950-2001.

I go to NEIU and get pissed off when I see Arab men get thirsty as hell around Western women. No. ******** off. Next time I see a group of hijabis I'll do the same thing.

On FB Arab and Muslim friends post s**t like

"These dead children see Jinaah. He's seeing Jinaah. Look, he's almost speaking to Allah."

And they post s**t of dying Muslims having a high amount of Dopamine and Serotonin right before death.

No ********, he having the moment of clarity right before death.

Fanatical Zealot

wat.

I do care about children dying and such, but people like to throw that crap around all over the news for some reason, like it changes facts. It's crazy. The news will do almost anything to scrape the bottom of a barrel for a guttural response.

Timid Wife

Suicidesoldier#1
wat.

Thanks for the Mil article btw.

This is just a non nonsensical rant because I mad at the ********.

I see s**t of stuff like "Fund raise for Red Cross at NEIU Pedroso center for Refugees in ME and Europe.

That's just a feel good bullshit thing to do and won't do anything.

Fanatical Zealot

Yad Yippah
Suicidesoldier#1
wat.

Thanks for the Mil article btw.

This is just a non nonsensical rant because I mad at the ********.

I see s**t of stuff like "Fund raise for Red Cross at NEIU Pedroso center for Refugees in ME and Europe.

That's just a feel good bullshit thing to do and won't do anything.

Yeah it's bad, Europe really doesn't have the means to handle something like this. People get angry at Americans when they say the immigrant wave is a problem, now Europe has such a problem. Idk.

It might be able to help if they can find a permanent location or start to solve the problems in their home country. But it's not going to be fun or easy.

Omnipresent Glitch

11,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
I don't care about anything ded unless it meows.

It's like, wut do u call a ded baby in a pr0n shop?
The Necrophile Section.
Well this is racist

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
Fix the problems in the middle east. There is the problem solved. Most of them are coming over for various reasons. You make their country worth living in, and salvaging and they will stay.

Timid Wife

Restitutor Orbis Invictus
Well this is racist

Suck it up.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's a little insane to me, the whole middle east situation. Like these people have been fighting since the beginning of time, but we feel it's our job to step in and bring them democracy. But that didn't work, and I don't really see it working, ever. All we did was knock big guys out of power so some other big scary guy could jump in and take control. We didn't fix anything, we armed people and made it worse.

So now these people are fleeing, and I do feel bad because it's scary and heart wrenching to imagine, and I read the stories of people paying tons of money to drown, and the ones that make it still have to fight for their lives.

But then there's also the other stories. The ones that mention that the majority of people fleeing are able bodied young men, not willing to fight for their country. The stories about how they demolish everything in their path and steal and murder.

I'm not there. I don't know who to believe.

But it does make me sad when I see a toddler face down in the sand because floating away on an overcrowded boat seemed safer than staying in your home.
It's an issue because people are retarded. I see it so much with people in my country, just sucking up whatever the media tells them, all the stories about kids and poor families who had to run, nothing about the huge amount of young single men who are rioting at the borders and robbing stores.
Nothing about the tons of refugees from Irak and Afghanistan that have mingled with the Syrians, nothing about possible IS members being amongst the refugees/immigrants.

So again, people are ******** retarded and gullible.
Shark Bacon

But it does make me sad when I see a toddler face down in the sand because floating away on an overcrowded boat seemed safer than staying in your home.

For the record, the kid's family was trying to sail from Turkey, where they'd resided for years after leaving Syria. So it wasn't a case of imminent danger. The Dad just thought Turkey wasn't luxurious enough, or something.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Yad Yippah
I have no feelings for that dead toddler on the Greek Beech. ... I go to NEIU and get pissed off when I see Arab men get thirsty as hell around Western women.

Interesting priorities. emotion_eyebrow

Fanatical Zealot

Shark Bacon
It's a little insane to me, the whole middle east situation. Like these people have been fighting since the beginning of time, but we feel it's our job to step in and bring them democracy. But that didn't work, and I don't really see it working, ever. All we did was knock big guys out of power so some other big scary guy could jump in and take control. We didn't fix anything, we armed people and made it worse.

So now these people are fleeing, and I do feel bad because it's scary and heart wrenching to imagine, and I read the stories of people paying tons of money to drown, and the ones that make it still have to fight for their lives.

But then there's also the other stories. The ones that mention that the majority of people fleeing are able bodied young men, not willing to fight for their country. The stories about how they demolish everything in their path and steal and murder.

I'm not there. I don't know who to believe.

Well, the Taliban was once in control of 90% of Afghanistan, now there's a handful of insurgents on the run or hiding in Pakistan. Saddam was once control of Iraq, now the Iraqi military is a democracy. Neither of these organizations are currently contributing to the violence perpetrated by terrorist groups of insurgents, at least not on any large scale. There were 4 million refugees who probably would have died in Iraq without humanitarian aid and at least 500,000 people killed already, with Saddam set to try and wipe out the Kurds. The Taliban was a military force created by Pakistan in 1994, now Osama Bin Laden was taken down in Pakistan .8 miles from the military training academy.

This whole Syria thing, it's a completely different country, now supported by Russia. Iran is starting to cause more problems, and they're a different country. The middle east isn't just a conglomerate, there's individual countries, factions, and the like.

If it's any solace, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia and Yemen have had pretty uneventful changes of power. Mubarik in Egypt, Gaddafi in Libya, Ben Ali in Tunisia, and Yemen pretty much with the old government. So, not everything in the middle east is bad. Syria is horrible, and with Russia backing Assad it's about to get a whole lot worse. But the conflict in Ukraine is also horrendous, and seems to be spreading in to Turkey. The main thing to keep in mind is, there's good and bad, and it's not as cut and dry as the middle east going up and down, everyone there being good or bad, and so on.

Alien Duck

I wonder what most people in Europe/the US/Canada/Australia or any others similarly born blessed by the geography lottery would do if they had to face something like the Syrian conflict in their home country. I'm sure plenty of internet tough guys will say they'd stay and fight against all odds, but probably less than half claiming so actually would. Most people would be begging at the nearest border, just like these people. I sure as ******** would be. But still, everyone spouts about how these people should stay and fight "to make their own country better", like anyone from these places has ever had to face any hardships "making their own country better" and weren't just born lucky.

Fanatical Zealot

The Gay Science
I wonder what most people in Europe/the US/Canada/Australia or any others similarly born blessed by the geography lottery would do if they had to face something like the Syrian conflict in their home country. I'm sure plenty of internet tough guys will say they'd stay and fight against all odds, but probably less than half claiming so actually would. Most people would be begging at the nearest border, just like these people. I sure as ******** would be. But still, everyone spouts about how these people should stay and fight "to make their own country better", like anyone from these places has ever had to face any hardships "making their own country better" and weren't just born lucky.

I think motive, means, and opportunity applies.

They have the motive, but they lack the means and opportunity. And if you lived in a shithole like that, do you think you could get guerrilla warfare commando training and guns and aircraft, let alone from thin air? Probably not. Assuming that would allow you to even win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff