Welcome to Gaia! ::

Floppy Member

Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
CuAnnan

No it wouldn't.
There is nothing worth discussing in an extended manner in this.
All that will happen is someone will post the usual "what you believe isn't wicca and why have you built a religion around the worship of nuts".
I mean pecans are pretty awesome, but I wouldn't pray to one.

I don't actually care for them, myself, and the Southern pecan pie is a truly nauseating confection. User Image

On topic:
Faustine Liem

You want to do a guild search for this, please notify mods to move this thread because it doesn't contribute to discussion. And watch your auto-correct. It's making hilarious typos in your posts.

Are you shittin' me? Pecan Pie is one of the few things the South does well.

Uuuuuuggh nooooooo it's disgustingly sweet and goopy. Gross! I cannot stand sweets of that type. Give me a nice cake donut or a PA Dutch Funny Cake any day over syrupy-custard messes like Pecan Pie.

Plus pecans just aren't all that. Cashews FTW.

You need to eat better Pecan Pies if they are that sweet. And the gooey texture is what makes it. That, and the crunch of the pecans on top.

About the only thing cashews are good for is in trail mixes. Funny Cakes are b*****d cakes at best, and a texture nightmare at worse. That you can eat that and not a pecan pie makes no sense. No sense I say.

I don't want to eat more of them because they're gross. The texture is what repels me, so there's no point in telling me that's what makes them good, because that is what I hate about them. I prefer crumbs on pies to a ton of nuts on top of custard.

If I wanted to bake I would choose black walnuts (so much work, but so worth it) or almonds. Pecans are wholly unimpressive to me, taste-wise, and the only thing I would possibly use them for is candied sweet potatoes. Otherwise they're parrot food in my house and even he prefers almonds. 3nodding

Funny cakes are dense but moist if made properly. That's a texture I enjoy and my kind of sweets. I am not particularly fond of pies in general. The only type worth eating is my homemade pumpkin pie (from scratch, nothing canned).

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
T.T
I'm a coeliac.

Floppy Member

Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest

I don't actually care for them, myself, and the Southern pecan pie is a truly nauseating confection. User Image

On topic:

You want to do a guild search for this, please notify mods to move this thread because it doesn't contribute to discussion. And watch your auto-correct. It's making hilarious typos in your posts.

Uuuuuuggh nooooooo it's disgustingly sweet and goopy. Gross! I cannot stand sweets of that type. Give me a nice cake donut or a PA Dutch Funny Cake any day over syrupy-custard messes like Pecan Pie.

We have so much in common. razz

We're a match, that's for sure! emotion_brofist
Pecan pie is gross. I just can't. I like cake more than pie.

Same, definitely. My greatest weakness is donuts, good grief, I could eat half a dozen at one sitting. I'd regret it, but I could.

Tipsy Smoker

CuAnnan
T.T
I'm a coeliac.
What's that?
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest

On topic:

You need to eat better Pecan Pies if they are that sweet. And the gooey texture is what makes it. That, and the crunch of the pecans on top.

About the only thing cashews are good for is in trail mixes. Funny Cakes are b*****d cakes at best, and a texture nightmare at worse. That you can eat that and not a pecan pie makes no sense. No sense I say.

I don't want to eat more of them because they're gross. The texture is what repels me, so there's no point in telling me that's what makes them good, because that is what I hate about them. I prefer crumbs on pies to a ton of nuts on top of custard.

If I wanted to bake I would choose black walnuts (so much work, but so worth it) or almonds. Pecans are wholly unimpressive to me, taste-wise, and the only thing I would possibly use them for is candied sweet potatoes. Otherwise they're parrot food in my house and even he prefers almonds. 3nodding

Funny cakes are dense but moist if made properly. That's a texture I enjoy and my kind of sweets. I am not particularly fond of pies in general. The only type worth eating is my homemade pumpkin pie (from scratch, nothing canned).

So then do you dislike all gooey desserts? Like, are you anti-s'mores? If you are, then do let me know so I can know whether or not I am talking to a sociopath. (sarcasm)

I oppose funny cakes on principle. Either be a pie, or be a cake. Don't try to be both.

Tipsy Smoker

The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest

Same, definitely. My greatest weakness is donuts, good grief, I could eat half a dozen at one sitting. I'd regret it, but I could.
I love donuts too. Krispy kreme or Dunkin? I have a major sweet tooth. But I'm picky too.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Chahklet
CuAnnan
T.T
I'm a coeliac.
What's that?

It's an auto immune disorder.
Essentially, wheat or barley products cause my body to attack itself.
Leading to the most excruciating pain for three days if I eat something contaminated by gluten.
I miss convenient cake.

Tipsy Smoker

CuAnnan
Chahklet
CuAnnan
T.T
I'm a coeliac.
What's that?

Leading to the most excruciating pain for three days if I eat something contaminated by gluten.
I miss convenient cake.
Are there any sweets you can eat? Pure chocolate candy bars?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Chahklet
CuAnnan
Chahklet
CuAnnan
T.T
I'm a coeliac.
What's that?

I miss convenient cake.
Are there any sweets you can eat? Pure chocolate candy bars?

Actually, we get most of our candy from the UK
The UK has much better labelling laws than Ireland, so I know which candy is safe to eat.
Also, most candy companies keep a list.

Floppy Member

CuAnnan
T.T
I'm a coeliac.

That's so sad. D=

Floppy Member

Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest

I love donuts too. Krispy kreme or Dunkin? I have a major sweet tooth. But I'm picky too.

Depends on the type of donut I'm craving. KK has the best plain glazed, but Dunkin has better specialty donuts and coffee. They don't carry my very favorite Dunkin donut flavor at shops in the South though. That may be a PA exclusive, or maybe they discontinued it. How about you, KK or Dunkin?

Floppy Member

Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest

On topic:

So then do you dislike all gooey desserts? Like, are you anti-s'mores? If you are, then do let me know so I can know whether or not I am talking to a sociopath. (sarcasm)

I oppose funny cakes on principle. Either be a pie, or be a cake. Don't try to be both.

S'mores some straight from Satan's asscrack. (overdramatic)
I despise marshmallow, in truth. (no joke)
Yes, even the inside of Oreos puts me off. Ruins a perfectly good cocoa biscuit.

Funny cakes are a cultural thing for me though. I grew up on those thick, dense types of cake. The same batter without the crust and the chocolate mixture in a pan and covered in buttered cinnamon and sugar crumbs is awesome. Excellent with coffee.
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest
Riviera de la Mancha
The Legendary Guest

S'mores some straight from Satan's asscrack. (overdramatic)
I despise marshmallow, in truth. (no joke)
Yes, even the inside of Oreos puts me off. Ruins a perfectly good cocoa biscuit.

Funny cakes are a cultural thing for me though. I grew up on those thick, dense types of cake. The same batter without the crust and the chocolate mixture in a pan and covered in buttered cinnamon and sugar crumbs is awesome. Excellent with coffee.

You consider Oreo filling to have a gooey texture? Ah, now I see the problem - you have no refined palate. biggrin

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
There are many paths and branches of paganism, ranging from new age to reconstructionist, from shamanism to British Traditional Witchcraft and so on. Practising methods also range in diversity depending on the path, ranging from solitary to initiatory 18+ coven-based only (Wicca).

So, you need to have some idea of what path interests you most before you really start researching more specifically than that. I identify as a Roman Reconstructionist, as I follow the religio romana.

Tipsy Smoker

The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest
Chahklet
The Legendary Guest

Depends on the type of donut I'm craving. KK has the best plain glazed, but Dunkin has better specialty donuts and coffee. They don't carry my very favorite Dunkin donut flavor at shops in the South though. That may be a PA exclusive, or maybe they discontinued it. How about you, KK or Dunkin?
Krispy Kreme. I've never had any other kind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff