Welcome to Gaia! ::

If God is real, then he should have caused more. We are destroying everything he ever gave us. We need to die(Well, most of us. My g/f should live.) By your logic if God is real, then no one should ever die. Is that it?
luciouslips
If God is real then shouldn't he have prevented the Tsunami, or was he just mad?
God gave people free will. If he hit anything with a disaster out of anger, it would probably be the White House.
You can't blame God for everything that goes wrong. The most popular theory other than an unfortunate natural disaster, is that some country was doing nuclear testing.
Nonesuch Solo
Teh Awesome

eek The first good argument regarding God that I've seen in a long time.

I think that if God were to prevent any single massive event of death in the world, it would be the Holocaust, not this tsunami.

For all we know, He's already averted some crises, which we don't know about because... well, they didn't happen.

Besides, what are you going to do? Go up to God and say, "HOW DARE YOU let all these people die!?! What the hell were you thinking!?" The point is, the tsunami happened, a lot of people are ******** over, and now it's up to the rest of the world to respond to it in some way (or not at all).
What happened with the Tsunami was beyond any of our control. All we can do now isa help those who made it through, and have best wishes for those who didn't.
luciouslips
If God is real then shouldn't he have prevented the Tsunami, or was he just mad?

The tsunami was a product of the natural movements of our earth's crust. Even if God exists and if he cares so much about us, why bother playing around with the way the planet functions and possibly causing an even worse catastrophy to occur.

Besides, this cannot be your fabled "end of the world" because there have been other events just like it - Papua New Guinea had a tsunami that was nearly twice as tall and powerful as this one.

Furthermore, my mother lent me this argument - this is not the so-called "end of the world" because such an even is menat to punish sinners, correct? Over a third of the deaths were of children that could not protect themselves like adults could (stronger bodies, more understanding of what was happening ect.), so, in effect, you could say this event was "designed" to punish children, which works against Go'ds ethos of "children are not sinners" ect and hence proves that your little theory about it being the end of the world is wrong.

Stop angsting over what might happen just because you're taught to be too pedantic with your own religion.
This question as to whether or not God exists has been around for centuries and still it hasn't completely been answer. "If God exists then why does he allow for evil and disaster to exist in the world?" This is the question that tormented the French Enlightenment philospher, Voltaire. Notably, Voltaire chose to believe in Deism (the idea that God is like a great clock-maker and all he did was set the clock in motion then left humans to their own devices).

Think it might really depend on if your religous or not. You may or may not have more to question.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff