Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suicidesoldier#1
Low Budget Man Returns
Suicidesoldier#1
So it's so bad that cops, in situations where criminals are expected to be violent, don't let it turn into a shoot out or hostage situation, giving the criminal plenty of time to prepare, and instead take the criminal by surprise?

This makes you want to become a vigilante and attack cops, the fact that they try to avoid these types of things?
No.
I read two stories with complete bullshit circumstances.
One instance of a neighbor accusing the victim of doing drugs, so the police show up late at night and kick the door down unannounced, shoots their little dog, and freaks out the entire family. They owned no weapons, and the misdemeanor amount of pot was found.

The other story that upset me was the military contractor who had his truck stolen from a meth head. He made a statement that if said meth head ever returned, he'd kill him. The meth head went to the police "fearing his life." He turned himself in. Blames the meth in the truck on the military contractor. Swat team goes to his house, kicks the door down, kills the contractor, forces his wife on the ground handcuffed next to him for an hour while they search the house. I mean, what the ********? He's a military contractor. That means he has had background checks upon background checks. Can't just go knock on his door and start with a few questions?

If it was done improperly, that's sad, but there will always be a failure or element of risk in any situation.

How many knock warrants resulted in deaths, could a knock warrant have prevented the deaths? Would anything really be different? Was it issued properly; so on and so forth. The concept of a no-knock warrant may be sound, even if there's been a few cases of them making mistakes or messing up.
I'm not attacking the no-knock warrant. I just think these particular instances should not have happened.
I understand the point of no knock warrants. It's an effective tool, and like any other effective tool, it can be used to dismantle positive effects it was meant to create.

Fanatical Zealot

Low Budget Man Returns
Suicidesoldier#1
Low Budget Man Returns
Suicidesoldier#1
So it's so bad that cops, in situations where criminals are expected to be violent, don't let it turn into a shoot out or hostage situation, giving the criminal plenty of time to prepare, and instead take the criminal by surprise?

This makes you want to become a vigilante and attack cops, the fact that they try to avoid these types of things?
No.
One instance of a neighbor accusing the victim of doing drugs, so the police show up late at night and kick the door down unannounced, shoots their little dog, and freaks out the entire family. They owned no weapons, and the misdemeanor amount of pot was found.

The other story that upset me was the military contractor who had his truck stolen from a meth head. He made a statement that if said meth head ever returned, he'd kill him. The meth head went to the police "fearing his life." He turned himself in. Blames the meth in the truck on the military contractor. Swat team goes to his house, kicks the door down, kills the contractor, forces his wife on the ground handcuffed next to him for an hour while they search the house. I mean, what the ********? He's a military contractor. That means he has had background checks upon background checks. Can't just go knock on his door and start with a few questions?

If it was done improperly, that's sad, but there will always be a failure or element of risk in any situation.

How many knock warrants resulted in deaths, could a knock warrant have prevented the deaths? Would anything really be different? Was it issued properly; so on and so forth. The concept of a no-knock warrant may be sound, even if there's been a few cases of them making mistakes or messing up.
I'm not attacking the no-knock warrant. I just think these particular instances should not have happened.
I understand the point of no knock warrants. It's an effective tool, and like any other effective tool, it can be used to dismantle positive effects it was meant to create.

It would be nice if knock out guns could be implemented so as to avoid killing people at all, and body armor so cops wouldn't fear for their lives. If you make a mistake, the guy is unconscious for a few hours, but otherwise no harm. Also it would be easier in hostage situations and so on; could just shoot everyone.

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Swatting is a REAL threat to personal civil liberty because any ******** with a vendetta that has enough info on your location can easily call in a fake threat and finger you as the suspect.

People die from these things and the real perp almost always gets away with it, since you can call in anonymous tips..
Genyusai
Swatting is a REAL threat to personal civil liberty because any ******** with a vendetta that has enough info on your location can easily call in a fake threat and finger you as the suspect.

People die from these things and the real perp almost always gets away with it, since you can call in anonymous tips..
Yeah, that's a frightening thought...
Low Budget Man Returns
Suicidesoldier#1

No.

Alternatively, yes. That's the job. Deal with it.

Fanatical Zealot

Genyusai

They could, but it's usually very rare; most of the times, they have to do an investigation first, get a warrant and so on even with the anonymous tip, so they can't just bust into your house for no reason.

Annual police homicides are close to about 400 a year, so, in a country of around 300 million, that's a 1 in 800,000 to 1 in a million chance of being killed by police. It's incredibly rare, and the percentage of that which is wrong or corrupt is also going to be even smaller. Obviously it's not a perfect system, but the good generally tends to outweigh the bad.
Hell Rides With GSK
a murder charge if not/probably death in a horrible way.

A true warrior ends his life no other way
Hell Rides With GSK
My Dog Mr. Kitty
DynaSuarez Wrecks
I'm more concerned that they get the wrong house alarmingly often.
It is a rather terrifying idea that police can come to your door in the middle of the night, knock on your door, and as soon as they see you have a gun immediately open fire no matter what

I don't give a damn if they say they're police or not, if someone's knocking on my door in the middle of the night yelling at me to open my door, I'm gonna have my hand on a firearm for my own protection

Pfft? Gun? They don't even need THAT anymore to open up on you.

A pocket knife or screwdriver will get them to go down on you like you're in ******** Payday on Death Wish level.

too... many... dozers...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces