Welcome to Gaia! ::

Men can already choose. They can choose to wear a condom or not.
The Legendary Guest
The rose in spring
The Legendary Guest
The rose in spring
The Legendary Guest

Citations? Specifically, those stating that children are more likely to have behavior problems, drug abuse problems and problems with violence when a FATHER, as in a male parental figure, is not present. There is a difference between something having an effect and something being necessary. Two parents may be better than one regardless of gender, for financial reasons, for example.

I am not "completely ignoring" anything. Please go back and read what I said about appeals to emotion again.

http://davidsortino.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/10129/absentee-fathers-and-juvenile-violence/

An article about other articles is not acceptable as evidence, kid.

A blog post from a doctor.

A blog is not subject to peer review, and you're making an Appeal to Authority.

Worst logical fallacy ever.
Tee the Wicked
The rose in spring

http://davidsortino.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/10129/absentee-fathers-and-juvenile-violence/

There is no solid evidence there, just speculation and flaws. I don't see any hard sources, just speculation and a ridiculous attempt at using elephant behaviour as a basis of proof.

Plenty of people who grew up with a single mother or two mothers, turned out just fine. As well, plenty of people who grew up with a single father, two fathers, or a father and a mother, don't end up so well. All you have presented thus far is bias and flawed speculation that reeks of anti-gay sentiment and sexism. The sex/gender of the parent(s) do not matter, and there is no solid, consistent evidence that proves it does.

I trust him more than I trust you.
Senator Armstrong

You could say that about women, too. They have methods.
conconconcrete wall
Senator Armstrong

Yes. Abortion is one of them.
Senator Armstrong
conconconcrete wall
Senator Armstrong

Yes. Abortion is one of them.

But you mentioned birth control. Abortion only kind of fits in that category.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
Sometimes the wisest course of action to avoid all this confusion is to keep the legs closed and zipper, zipped. Or both zippers zipped.

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The rose in spring
Tee the Wicked
The rose in spring

There is no solid evidence there, just speculation and flaws. I don't see any hard sources, just speculation and a ridiculous attempt at using elephant behaviour as a basis of proof.

Plenty of people who grew up with a single mother or two mothers, turned out just fine. As well, plenty of people who grew up with a single father, two fathers, or a father and a mother, don't end up so well. All you have presented thus far is bias and flawed speculation that reeks of anti-gay sentiment and sexism. The sex/gender of the parent(s) do not matter, and there is no solid, consistent evidence that proves it does.

I trust him more than I trust you.

Good for you, your point is?

I'm not trying to obtain your "trust" whatever that is suppose to be. Why would I want someone as sexist and anti-gay as you to trust me? I have no need for someone who pushes their "christian" views of family on others, then tries to back up those views with more "views".

Your little "source" there doesn't mention all the children abused by "parent figures" brought into their lives because of such views, such as the boys who grow up abused by a "male father figure" because the single mother thinks that her children "need a male father figure".Or the single mother who never finds happiness because she forces herself into abusive an/or loveless relationships because she believes that her children "need a male father figure".
Your little sources also doesn't mention all the children who grow up in a nurturing, loving, non-abusive household of a single parent, or same-sex parents, and never have any problems.

So I ask you again, please explain to me how single parentand same-sex couple households are detrimental to children, and I ask that you please explain to me how same-sex couple households are somehow "better" for children.

Or do you deny that you are spewing sexist, anti-gay and religion-favorable views?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff