Welcome to Gaia! ::

CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
Well concealable blades are certainly more dangerous than some guns in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure even an oldy times derringer shot to the head is more lethal than any knife wound you can commit with a switchblade..

You'll die just as quickly with a knife to the head. Not to mention that it's silent.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
Well concealable blades are certainly more dangerous than some guns in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure even an oldy times derringer shot to the head is more lethal than any knife wound you can commit with a switchblade..

You'll die just as quickly with a knife to the head. Not to mention that it's silent.
A knife to the head...where exactly? Light knives can't pierce the skull.

And they may be silent, but they're also ridiculously messy. You're going to look like a shoplifter who broke the anti-theft tags.

Devoted Explorer

CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton

And they may be silent, but they're also ridiculously messy. You're going to look like a shoplifter who broke the anti-theft tags.
A jab to the base of the skull or side of the neck will both cause incredibly fast, if not instantaneous, death. A stab to the back of the head will bleed very little, and a jugular stab won't be messy if the attacker positions themselves behind the target. Well, it won't bleed on the attacker, at least.

EDIT: And you don't even need a knife for the first one. If you know what you're doing, you can do it with a thumb jab.
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton

First off, yes it can. Secondly the temple, top of the head and the back are significantly weaker than the forehead, but that too can be pierced. Thirdly, a gun will make a hell of a lot more noise than a knife will and a bigger mess regardless. A gun will alert guards and give you unwanted attention.

Shadowy Rogue

3,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
If I'm understanding this correctly, New Jersey's law prohibits one from holding sticks.

Unless there's something special about nightsticks that I'm missing.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton

First off, yes it can. Secondly the temple, top of the head and the back are significantly weaker than the forehead, but that too can be pierced. Thirdly, a gun will make a hell of a lot more noise than a knife will and a bigger mess regardless. A gun will alert guards and give you unwanted attention.
Uh, yeah, but not a mess on you. It also depends on what kind of gun we're talking about. I mean there aren't really guns that have the same silencer sound like in the movies, but there are pretty quiet small guns.

I mean, hell, you know what else is a really silent way to kill someone? Strangling, and if you're in any position to be assassinating someone with a knife silently, you're in a pretty good position to just strangle them to death, too. If you're strong enough, you only need to crush the windpipe and throw them in a closet. It's also way less messy! (except for the piss and s**t, of course)

Blessed Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist

Well obviously, you can own an atom bomb for god's sake, but that's technically a weapon.

As well criminals can't carry etc. it's one of those things.
You can't carry a switchblade even if you're not committing a crime with it. You can't carry an expandable baton either.

Yeah.

They classify as weapons, which requires a weapons license.
There's no weapons licenses in new jersey

And even if they were, they'd still be unconstitutional. If a precedent is set that civil rights can be restricted only to those with proper licensing, what's to stop free speech licenses from existing?

Concealed Carry.

As well, you can't abuse free speech while you can abuse weapons. Ergo it's why you need a license for it.

And slander and libel can be prosecuted.

So you don't have perfectly free speech, particularly when you invade another person's privacy or lie etc.

Which constitutes an "abuse of free speech".

Nice job shooting yourself in the foot there, Barney Fife...
I am a martial artist im an assistant instructor and I also have a Concealed Carry permit. I carry a 9mm when I feel like it. I carry a Stiletto daily I use it for work but it is meant as a weapon and is illegal to carry here. The Second Amendment is fairly cut and dry that people have the right to keep and bear arms. They weren't however very specific as to what type of arms I feel it's safe to say it means mainly what we call a personal defense weapon. Rifles, handguns, swords, knives, clubs things that someone could carry on their person not tanks and stuff like that. This has been argued and it's all been said that individuals have this right not limited to military or militia.

I also carry a set of keys on a short chain that I can use very much like Nunchaku. I sometimes wear steel toed boots and have used them to defend myself. Just about anything can be used as a weapon with a bit of imagination and know how. I dislike that the knife laws are so strict it hasn't done anything to stop knife attacks people get stabbed around here more than they get shot. Most of the time it's kitchen knives or simple pocket knives. I carry a Cold Steel Ti Light I own a few Switchblades but generally prefer to carry other knives. If I feel like I am outnumbered or someone has a weapon I will go to my knife or something else if I can. My Kung Fu teacher always told us if they have a weapon you best get one to. I need to carry my gun more but as of right now all I have is a full size Beretta 92FS and I would like to get something more compact. Most people don't notice I have a gun on my hip but I would like something smaller.
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton

You wouldn't want to stab someone in the head you would want to come up under the skull if anything. Personally I would go for other targets but the way would depend on the situation. These are not for self defense this is combat sentry removal options. I know others but these are what I have saved here.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Stephanos Voltaire
I feel all weaponry should be taken from the public to ensure safety.

The right to bear arms is dangerous and should be taken away in my opinion.

you plan on amputating the hands of huge strong guys also?
black_wing_angel
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist

Well obviously, you can own an atom bomb for god's sake, but that's technically a weapon.

You can't carry a switchblade even if you're not committing a crime with it. You can't carry an expandable baton either.

Yeah.

And even if they were, they'd still be unconstitutional. If a precedent is set that civil rights can be restricted only to those with proper licensing, what's to stop free speech licenses from existing?

Concealed Carry.

As well, you can't abuse free speech while you can abuse weapons. Ergo it's why you need a license for it.

So you don't have perfectly free speech, particularly when you invade another person's privacy or lie etc.

Which constitutes an "abuse of free speech".

Nice job shooting yourself in the foot there, Barney Fife...

Libel and slander aren't protected under freedom of speech as a right to privacy trumps it.

You can't ever get a license for those for the same reason you can't get a license to murder.

Yet killing is considered okay if it's in self defense, if done with a legally obtained weapon.

In it's current state, speech in and of itself can't be abused. You don't have a right to libel, therefore that is not a right that can be abused. You do have a right to bear arms, but that can obviously be abused if a criminal uses a legally obtained weapon, etc.
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist

Yeah.

Concealed Carry.

That's not a weapon's license, that's information on attaining a concealed carry license. Yeah, you can own a gun, and you can even hide it on your person if you're a security guard, but guess what, that's not what I'm talking about (I've repeated this about five time, and it's in the topic title, come on).

And actually you can totally abuse your freedom of speech, but does that even matter? There's a lot of places that are using the fact that cursing is generally abusive speech and putting fines and on it because of it's potential for abuse.

Potential for abuse does not legitimize the licensing of liberties.

Which is the same thing.

And so, atom bombs should be available to all citizens?

What about criminals, should they be given weapons?

Please.
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton
CumFilledCinnabon
God Emperor Akhenaton

you press a snub nose .357 into someone's ribcage and pull the trigger and it'll make astonishingly little noise, the human body makes a great suppressor.

edit: if you press a .22 up against someone's noodle and click the bang switch and you'll get a similar effect, with no exit wound. just a dead body with a tiny hole in the side of the head.
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist
CumFilledCinnabon
Theoretical Physicist

Yeah.

Concealed Carry.

That's not a weapon's license, that's information on attaining a concealed carry license. Yeah, you can own a gun, and you can even hide it on your person if you're a security guard, but guess what, that's not what I'm talking about (I've repeated this about five time, and it's in the topic title, come on).

And actually you can totally abuse your freedom of speech, but does that even matter? There's a lot of places that are using the fact that cursing is generally abusive speech and putting fines and on it because of it's potential for abuse.

Potential for abuse does not legitimize the licensing of liberties.

Which is the same thing.

And so, atom bombs should be available to all citizens?

What about criminals, should they be given weapons?

Please.

depends on the crime.

nobody is advocating HANDING OUT guns, just not restricting the purchase and carry except to those who have already had their rights revoked (felons)

Dedicated Loiterer

5,000 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Who knew the ED regs were so well trained to kill?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff