Welcome to Gaia! ::

The gquator doesn't move. It's an imaginary line used to divide to globe into it's two hemispheres.

There were tremors in my country (Singapore) last month. It was due to the shifting plates that caused the tsunami.

I'm afraid.
Kiretsu
AnuKat
Quote:

Well, science is never wrong now is it?

It's something to think about though, isn't it?

Yea, you should think about it too.

Like how scince used to saw the earth was flat.

And how heavier objects fall faster.

And how science said the speed of sound could never be broken.

Or how it said we could never get to the moon.

But still, somehow Science == true.

*yawn*
Yeah science can be wrong. I think it's crazy for people to even have theorized the world has flipped upside down, that's kinda ******** if you ask me. I can't prove it, I don't want to get into a discussion about it at 7 in the morning, when I am usually not even toying with the idea of getting up.
AnuKat
Kiretsu
AnuKat
Quote:

Well, science is never wrong now is it?

It's something to think about though, isn't it?

Yea, you should think about it too.

Like how scince used to saw the earth was flat.

And how heavier objects fall faster.

And how science said the speed of sound could never be broken.

Or how it said we could never get to the moon.

But still, somehow Science == true.

*yawn*
Yeah science can be wrong. I think it's crazy for people to even have theorized the world has flipped upside down, that's kinda ******** if you ask me. I can't prove it, I don't want to get into a discussion about it at 7 in the morning, when I am usually not even toying with the idea of getting up.

it was a polar shift, the sheer force required to tip the earth totally upside down while its spinning would rip it apart.
for an example, take a gyro, spin it up really fast, then try to turn it upside down.
Then why did you bring it up, especially in a topic in Extended discussion? blaugh
Kiretsu
Then why did you bring it up, especially in a topic in Extended discussion? blaugh

'Cause I thought it was interesting.
Puerilis
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/01/09/military/16_31_291_8_05.txt Here is the sub

that article said NOTHING about the tsunami
you just made an assumption
when you assume you make an a** out of you and me.
s4f3 m0d3
Puerilis
http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/01/09/military/16_31_291_8_05.txt Here is the sub

that article said NOTHING about the tsunami
you just made an assumption
when you assume you make an a** out of you and me.

I was linking you to the story of the Submarine that grounded itself because its crew didn't realize the water level had changed do to after effects of the Tsunami. Sorry you couldn't realize that from my first post in the topic!

And seeing as thats the entire point of MY topic. Was to enlight people of the after effects of the Tsunami on the enviroment.
s4f3 m0d3

don't be a ********, it would be near the same latitude as australia IIRC, so it would have similar weather patters to there, or what it has right now, since you are simply turning the world upside down (which i won't belive unless you can prove it)
Parts of australia are subtropical to tropical (which is why a lot of tropical and subtrpical plants thrive there but do poorly even as south as southern california), and some are temperate. Canada would definitely get warmer.
AnuKat
He's not here right now for me to comfirm his sources, unfortunately, and won't be til saturday, and by then this thread will be but a memory.
What he may have heard was that the earth's magnetic field has reversed itself several times throughout the planet's development. (In fact, this is due to happen anytime now.)
Puerilis
Ok We've all talked about the money, The poor people dieing. The odd people thinking people are racists.... or something.

But what about all the enviromental stuff thats happened.

Australlia is still reporting Vibrations in the crust. 1 mm vibrations *Hard to feel but is easy to monitor with a sesmograph*

There are wells on the opposite side of the planet from the source quake, that are constantly changing water depth *which isn't normal*

Water levels have changed by 1000 feet give or take in area's

A LA Class submarine traveling underwater, Grounded underwater because they didn't realize the water level had changed. the impact was so violent that a Seaman was killed from his injuries.

You're also forgetting the fact that the standing water is a perfect breeding ground for hundreds of diseases.
Halii
Puerilis
Kuschelfloh
s4f3 m0d3
Halii
The earth's axis was knocked off by the earthquake and tsunami, and each of our days are a little under three seconds shorter. In the long run, that could be devastating.

prove it.

Yeah don't make me hyterical for now reason eek ... o_O;

OH GOD!!!!! 3 Seconds...... Thats 3 seconds I could have used to....... What can you do in less then 3 seconds that would have some importance?

Let's see... three multiplied by the average time a person lives. Could add up to a bit. Not to mention, earth's end is ever closer. 3nodding Fun, fun. Not in our lifetime.

Way to stay serious under your own topic, by the way.
Microseconds?
4th Seal
Puerilis
Ok We've all talked about the money, The poor people dieing. The odd people thinking people are racists.... or something.

Australlia is still reporting Vibrations in the crust. 1 mm vibrations *Hard to feel but is easy to monitor with a sesmograph*

There are wells on the opposite side of the planet from the source quake, that are constantly changing water depth *which isn't normal*

A LA Class submarine traveling underwater, Grounded underwater because they didn't realize the water level had changed. the impact was so violent that a Seaman was killed from his injuries.

You're also forgetting the fact that the standing water is a perfect breeding ground for hundreds of diseases.

Didn't think about that. But that would also mean Insects too which would help spread said diseases.
Puerilis
4th Seal
Puerilis

Didn't think about that. But that would also mean Insects too which would help spread said diseases.
Yes and you know that part of the world has some of the worst levels of health care already.
4th Seal
Yes and you know that part of the world has some of the worst levels of health care already.

You scare me....

sweatdrop

Good points.

If you got this from a source, mind linking us? Or was it just "Oh no, Those poor people are about to get royally screwed by even more bad stuff"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff