Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maiyra
xXxPrinceDrakkenxXx
If you can't afford 10-40k to adopt a child how do you expect to put your own child through college or university? or feed them? or cloth them?

You seem to try and think of it in different ways. In cases of adoption, that money is more upfront than being saved gradually over time. Besides, do you Have fourty thousand dollars to adopt a child, and another twenty thousand to put the child through college, plus perhaps another twenty thousand through the course of eighteen, sometimes more years of raising them?

I highly doubt you do. If you have your child, you have eighteen years to save up enough to help them through college. And that sum for your own children is OVERALL, not right up front. It doesn't cost you twenty thousand dollars at the beginning of your child's life and have it all payed for all the time.

Not at all. You're gradually saving. Not to mention when college time rolls around there's such things called grants, etc, which help take the load off of you and your children to get financial means of going to college.

But seriously. I wont be ashamed of having my own child, and you're a little condescending to those who would have their own children and make wonderful lives for them and try their best.

What would you rather them do? Have everyone adopt children and be miserable at having nothing of their -own-? Adopted children can be seen as your children, that much is sure. But sometimes, you just want something that's solely created from you and the person you're wanting to be with for the rest of your life.

In a sense, a replica of you to continue your family's legacy. But I wouldn't expect you to understand. You seem the type blinded by your woe for the children who're in orphaneges, etc...to see the good and things to be proud of with your own flesh and blood child too.

#1 Yeah I can afford it.

#2 I've seen parents today. They can't even raise or cloth their own children. They think discipline is 'sorry jr no Cradle of Filth cd.' I dunno about you but I wouldn't even LET my kid listen to cd's like that at a young age.

#3 My own flesh and blood? How mammilian. Continuing my family's 'legacy'? Family is a last name on your birthcertificate. We made up the word 'family.' Every ape on the face of the Earth can squeeze a baby from between their legs. It's nature not, parenting. You wanna give osmething a life? how about giving someone's life a second chance, or a better chance?
Reminds me of Half Life 2.....
xXxPrinceDrakkenxXx
I happen to believe anyoe bringing a child into this world should be ashamed of themselves. There is already a surplus of children in foster care that desperately need parents. I plan to adopt.

right on

adopt or become a sane foster person or both! and don't just go for the babies either

and don't care about race

not to sound girly but those kids need some love or at least someone caring about them on a one on one basis
It's a strange subject for me. I firmly believe that certain people SHOULDN'T reproduce, and that if they do, their children should be placed in a safer, more stable home, but I can't really say that it's good to place legal restrictions on such people before they reproduce at all. I'm afraid of a slippery slope sort of situation.

Personally, though, if every poor person stopped reproducing, I would be overjoyed.
The Iconoclast
It's a strange subject for me. I firmly believe that certain people SHOULDN'T reproduce, and that if they do, their children should be placed in a safer, more stable home, but I can't really say that it's good to place legal restrictions on such people before they reproduce at all. I'm afraid of a slippery slope sort of situation.

Personally, though, if every poor person stopped reproducing, I would be overjoyed.

you know! you don't have to be friggin POOR to be a drug addict, a bad parent, or a murderer

stressed
xXxPrinceDrakkenxXx

#1 Yeah I can afford it.

#2 I've seen parents today. They can't even raise or cloth their own children. They think discipline is 'sorry jr no Cradle of Filth cd.' I dunno about you but I wouldn't even LET my kid listen to cd's like that at a young age.

#3 My own flesh and blood? How mammilian. Continuing my family's 'legacy'? Family is a last name on your birthcertificate. We made up the word 'family.' Every ape on the face of the Earth can squeeze a baby from between their legs. It's nature not, parenting. You wanna give osmething a life? how about giving someone's life a second chance, or a better chance?

Good for you for having the money. I applaud your ability to be a THOUSANDAIRE in today's world. Most people can't cough over the rediculous amount for ADOPTING A CHILD!

Parents today suck a**, that's all there is to it. You assume to tell me that I couldn't raise my OWN children, and that I couldn't be a good mother to my OWN kin. And then you assume to tell me that I wouldn't dream of giving a child a second chance?

BAD BOY! READ MY POSTS BETTER! Arghola, did you like, completely skip over the fact that in ADDITION to having one my OWN flesh and blood, that provided I could afford and go through the process, I would adopt a child as well? No, apparently you're too much in a BLIND RAGE to see that.

Back off, take the d***o out of your ear, calm down, and use your head instead of your passion for the little children in orphanges. I sympathize they need homes, and I'm only 19 and yet do you have ANY idea how much I've read up on adoption from in country and out of country adoption? Do you have any IDEA the people I have contacted and the prices and procedures I've been told about?

Adoption is NOT as realistic as you make it sound. Not everyone is a ******** money heap like you are who can afford to take on a child that UP FRONT would cost them a fortune.

So back off. More people would be adopting if the prices and procedures were a little more realistic. But they're not, so take a damned chill pill and back off of people.
Allar
The Iconoclast

you know! you don't have to be friggin POOR to be a drug addict, a bad parent, or a murderer

stressed

I'm poor. It ******** SUCKS a** to be a poor kid. NOBODY deserves it. You can be a nice parent but not have the money to clothe and feed your children, and that makes you an inadequate parent, regardless of your good intent. It is not fair to subject children to being impoverished when you have the choice to not do so.
Allar
The Iconoclast

stressed
do you know that you dont have to force your opinions down other peoples throats?
The Iconoclast
Allar
The Iconoclast

stressed

I'm poor. It ******** SUCKS a** to be a poor kid. NOBODY deserves it. You can be a nice parent but not have the money to clothe and feed your children, and that makes you an inadequate parent, regardless of your good intent. It is not fair to subject children to being impoverished when you have the choice to not do so.
Yet you have enough money to be on the Internet?
Trust me, i know poor, and have been POORER my whole life. Ive always had enough to eat, have electricity, and even have luxuries like intenet and cable.which is enough. you dont need to be rich, or even middle class to raise a kid. you can be pretty poor and still be good.
Neo Hacker72
The Iconoclast
Allar
The Iconoclast

stressed

Yet you have enough money to be on the Internet?
Trust me, i know poor, and have been POORER my whole life. Ive always had enough to eat, have electricity, and even have luxuries like intenet and cable.which is enough. you dont need to be rich, or even middle class to raise a kid. you can be pretty poor and still be good.

I'm poor-ish now. When I was young, I only had one pair of clothes and we went to the shelter to eat much of the time. You can't be "pretty poor" and be an adequate parent, because kids need food, clothes, and recreation to not be ******** up when they get older, not to mention that it's just a pretty jackass-esque thing to do to have a kid when you know you're going to make its life harder than it would have had to be if you had decided to wait until you were financially stable to have it. Extremely poor people who reproduce by choice make me think of people who are bored and lonely and want little dolls to play with and keep them company and also want to prove themselves as "REAL MEN" or "REAL WOMEN" because they produced their VERY OWN SPECIAL CROTCH DROPPING!.

Parents are humans, and most humans are utter bullshit, especially those who cannot see that bringing <i>a defenseless child</i> into a world that is not the best you can provide is just a terrible, heartless thing to do.
Allar
xXxPrinceDrakkenxXx
I happen to believe anyoe bringing a child into this world should be ashamed of themselves. There is already a surplus of children in foster care that desperately need parents. I plan to adopt.

right on

adopt or become a sane foster person or both! and don't just go for the babies either

and don't care about race

not to sound girly but those kids need some love or at least someone caring about them on a one on one basis

Exactly man! adopt those asian female babies that need a home, Because of overpopulation in.. China? and no one wants them? I think India does it too.

Familiar Bloodsucker

10,025 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
Procreation is not a right. It is an ability. If procreation were a right, then rape would be legal, because it can result in pregnancy.

The woman was not ordered not to have sex. She was ordered not to get pregnant again until she could legally, financially, emotionally, etc. handle it.
AtomskIscariot
Judge orders a drug addict to stop having children.

Based on the article above, do we truly have a RIGHT to procreate, or is merely something we have the ABILITY to do?

In the case of that woman, yes, it was necessary. She has SEVEN children and is a drug addict. Highly doubt she can take care of her children, so why should she have more?

We just have the ability to procreate, not a right.
Maiyra
xXxPrinceDrakkenxXx

#1 Yeah I can afford it.

Good for you for having the money. I applaud your ability to be a THOUSANDAIRE in today's world. Most people can't cough over the rediculous amount for ADOPTING A CHILD!

Parents today suck a**, that's all there is to it. You assume to tell me that I couldn't raise my OWN children, and that I couldn't be a good mother to my OWN kin. And then you assume to tell me that I wouldn't dream of giving a child a second chance?

BAD BOY! READ MY POSTS BETTER! Arghola, did you like, completely skip over the fact that in ADDITION to having one my OWN flesh and blood, that provided I could afford and go through the process, I would adopt a child as well? No, apparently you're too much in a BLIND RAGE to see that.

Back off, take the d***o out of your ear, calm down, and use your head instead of your passion for the little children in orphanges. I sympathize they need homes, and I'm only 19 and yet do you have ANY idea how much I've read up on adoption from in country and out of country adoption? Do you have any IDEA the people I have contacted and the prices and procedures I've been told about?

Adoption is NOT as realistic as you make it sound. Not everyone is a ******** money heap like you are who can afford to take on a child that UP FRONT would cost them a fortune.

So back off. More people would be adopting if the prices and procedures were a little more realistic. But they're not, so take a damned chill pill and back off of people.

I never lost my temper
Are you attacking my ideas, me, or my money?
=)
Some of you have reaaal close minded opinions.

Procreation is an ability and a privelege. No one should have the right to have kids taken away just becuase you think it would make the world better. This woman however, has 7 kids and isnt taking care of any of them. Once she gets on her feet maybe then she will consider things more throughly.

Also...being poor...doesnt NOT hinder on how good of a parent you can be in anyway. Being poor isnt a choice. If you have a child, and you are poor, as long as your responsible for that child and try to support them in anyway possible, you are a good parent. Being poor does not mean you should not be allowed to have children and that if you do, you'll suck at it. That's a horrible thing to suggest...

I agree mostly with Maiyra on her points. Jesus.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff