Welcome to Gaia! ::

I keep thinking, in many ways, we're not doing enough. One of the theorys I have on improving life, is to quarantine people with uncurable diseases so that they cant be spread. If we could find everyone with herpies, and make sure that the disease never leaves a certain area, over time a cure would either be developed, or eventually the people would die, and the disease would go with them. Same with other diseases. If a cure is found then the people will be treated and once they are clean they can be re-released into the world. What does everyone think?
One-third of the adult population has herpes. That would so not work.
SuperVillainSS
I keep thinking, in many ways, we're not doing enough. One of the theorys I have on improving life, is to quarantine people with uncurable diseases so that they cant be spread. If we could find everyone with herpies, and make sure that the disease never leaves a certain area, over time a cure would either be developed, or eventually the people would die, and the disease would go with them. Same with other diseases. If a cure is found then the people will be treated and once they are clean they can be re-released into the world. What does everyone think?

Yeah, then we can gun down every retard we find on the street so they can't mate and have more retarded babies.
it's an interesting theory, but since there are SO MANY people with those diseases, and we'd have to test EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET to make sure they had NONE OF THESE DISEASES, i don't think it'd be possible. stare
Mlx_Leif
SuperVillainSS

Yeah, then we can gun down every retard we find on the street so they can't mate and have more retarded babies.

Retards dont cripple society though. I dont have to walk around and worry about every 3rd retard I toutch giving me "retard".
SuperVillainSS

That was so fascist I can't even blink now. See, see my not blinking. stare
illorea
it's an interesting theory, but since there are SO MANY people with those diseases, and we'd have to test EVERY SINGLE HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET to make sure they had NONE OF THESE DISEASES, i don't think it'd be possible. stare

Would it really be that hard though? and think about how much it would improve things.
SuperVillainSS
Mlx_Leif
SuperVillainSS

Retards dont cripple society though. I dont have to walk around and worry about every 3rd retard I toutch giving me "retard".

I was mocking your stupid 'theory', durr.
I dont think you can quarantine people, I mean honestly, I've thought of it, however i've tried to put myself in those shoes and what if it was like my family member or good friend that got shipped off to the island of disease?? it's not humane, and I dont think it would ever happen
QuantumSpatialDistortion
SuperVillainSS

Well, facism was created because sometimes it can work. And seriously, if you have a better idea on how to get rid of these diseases, speak your mind.
It would seem nice enough, wouldn't it?
But no.
And for too many reasons that I care to explain at 4 am.
Let's just say...
Quarantine...Hm?
Seperating such a large percentage of the population would not be wise, or (dare I say it) moral, regardless of what your morals are.
After all, you might have some sort of disease and not know it yet, hm?
Yes, it would be hard.
It would cost too much, would take too much time.
If I had herpes, I know that I sure as hell wouldn't want to be fenced in a certain area like some cattle.
These are humans that you're talking about, remember?
SuperVillainSS
QuantumSpatialDistortion
SuperVillainSS

Well, facism was created because sometimes it can work. And seriously, if you have a better idea on how to get rid of these diseases, speak your mind.

I totally agree, just look at Hitler!
Quote:

Well there's these things, called cures, right? And the idea is, what they do, is make diseasey things not here no more, kay? You get the idea right?

But I like your thinking. What I hate is those damn Jews. We should quarentine those guys instead.
Mlx_Leif
SuperVillainSS
QuantumSpatialDistortion
SuperVillainSS

I totally agree, just look at Hitler!

I was going to compare quarantine and gas chambers...

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

I think this is an interesting approach but very unrealistic. You encompassing too many looholes in that what if people refuse to be quarantined and press charges of infringing on their human rights and it would ber very difficult to pass a law that would force them to because of that. Also you'd have to do the same in all countries or else the whole point would be lost and I doubt they all would agree to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff