Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Suicidesoldier#1
This is why Joe Biden got a tattoo, so as to ease the attention of tattoos. : P

oh wow hahaha
If the majority of people with tattoos that the average person comes across is a trouble maker then its just the individual being intelligent. They are picking up on a pattern and then deducing the likely outcome. Sure they MIGHT be wrong but based on previous evidence they are more likely to be correct.
Posties
Tuah
Posties
Tuah
Posties
I'm looking, and it still doesn't settle why you claimed your opinion to not be an opinion and a general thought that should be indicative of a specific population of people with tattoos.

Are you trying to misunderstand my posts? 'cause I thought I spelled it out pretty well there.

I'm guessing as to why people dislike tattoos because I don't know for sure. I can't be certain of other peoples' opinions, so I do not claim that this is fact.

I am not saying anything about [people with tattoos]. I am saying something about [people who say things about people with tattoos]. I don't know if I can say it more simply than that.

I am with the OP; in agreement, mutual understanding, alliance, cahoots. I think the OP is right to question this behavior of questioning people with tattoos.
If you're guessing then stop trying to propagate your ******** argument as a valid generalization. No s**t.
You can agree with OP if you want, it's irrelevant because your initial statement that you rejected as not being an opinion and axiomatic is actually an generalized opinion.

Because if I don't expressly use the word "opinion" or the phrase "I think", I must be declaring my word as absolute truth, right?

******** you, I'm done.
No if you would have claimed what you said was opinion I would have still chastised you, just in a different manner. You claimed that people who get tattoos do it because of "Yolo" and then said it wasn't an opinion afterwards. You don't have to declare something an opinion for it to be sound, or valid, you'd still be wrong even if your first statement was just an opinion.
Nice conclusion; "******** you."
That's a good honest way of admitting you're wrong.

Holy ******** s**t, no, YOU'RE wrong and you seem unable to admit it, or unable to understand why, and I'm not sure which is worse but it's certainly ******** aggravating either way. She*** did NOT say that people get tattoos because of your stupid concise way of saying it in "YOLO". She said SOME PEOPLE MIGHT DISLIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY THINK THE PERSON WHO GOT THEM [TATOOS] WAS "YOLO" ABOUT GETTING THEM [TATOOS]. That's what the ******** OP is about. It's about trying to understand WHY SOME PEOPLE dislike tattoos, Tuah gave a perfectly valid response by saying some people, for better or worse, think it's a bad thing to do because it's something permanent and they fear that.

Then you went on and head-desked these ridiculous arguments EVEN AFTER SHE TOLD YOU that she was speaking from the perspective of someone who did not like tattoos. Jeeesus Christ.

***I'm referring to them as a her only by assumption, so apologies Tuah if you are a male, or a nonhuman or something.
Posties
Tuah
Posties
No if you would have claimed what you said was opinion I would have still chastised you, just in a different manner. You claimed that people who get tattoos do it because of "Yolo" and then said it wasn't an opinion afterwards. You don't have to declare something an opinion for it to be sound, or valid, you'd still be wrong even if your first statement was just an opinion.

Really want to stay done, but it's such a simple misunderstanding that I can't help but try to clear it up.

I'm not saying tattoos = YOLO. I'm saying people who dislike people who have tattoos might think that, and I would criticize them for it. This was my entire point, and yet you're attributing me to the very people I'm criticizing.

Tuah
Perhaps tattoos are seen as rash decisions by [people who fear their permanence]?

[People who fear their permanence] may see tattoos as a rash decision. The word "perhaps" demonstrating my uncertainty on the matter.

I am criticizing these people who don't look more deeply into the matter due to their own uncertainty.
I would really like to add an ad hominem here, but I figure that word might turn this into a bigger argument than it needs to be. So if you don't understand which side I'm on this time, then I suppose I really ought not to waste any more time on you.
You never said any of that. You just said people get tattoos because their lives are temporary, essentially YOLO.
Quote:
People who fear their permanence
YOLO YOLO YOLO.

How ad hominem? Quote where I insulted you.

Yes. Yes she did say that. She TOTALLY said that RIGHT in the first post you quoted.

Tuah
Perhaps tattoos are seen as rash decisions by people who fear their permanence?

You see that red part? That's the part of the FIRST post that started this tangent where she is TOTALLY indicating to you [the reader] that this is speaking from the perspective of someone who dislikes tattoos and that the sentence is a hypothetical reasoning as to why.

Newbie Noob

Agent Borealis
If the majority of people with tattoos that the average person comes across is a trouble maker then its just the individual being intelligent. They are picking up on a pattern and then deducing the likely outcome. Sure they MIGHT be wrong but based on previous evidence they are more likely to be correct.

you're mistaking intelligence for something called prejudice.

following your logic, with my experience with all the majority of guys i've come across that have broken my heart, i might as well just believe all guys are cruel assholes.

or for that matter, anyone colored is a thief.
i consider most tattoos to be imperfect, failed attempts at art. i understand that people are satisfied with the work the get done, but i don't understand why such mediocrity supplies satisfaction. i believe that unless one understands satisfaction with something so undeserving that they cannot properly believe the true intentions of such mutilation.

my body is perfect as is, why should i alter it? and with something inferior to the original? it's obviously an upgrade to the person who gets it, but from an outside perspective, it's not comprehended as a positive and intelligent decision.

ignorance.

that clip of picard and data is either from the episode with the alien girl data is contacting, or when data makes lal. tell me if i'm wrong. lol data is hilarious
duldol v3

following your logic, with my experience with all the majority of guys i've come across that have broken my heart, i might as well just believe all guys are cruel assholes.

Perhaps those examples are poorly deduced conclusions to an observed pattern. The general idea still stands though. I wouldn't call it prejudice.

Based on my own pattern recognition for example, I would be quite afraid of walking past a group of young guys on a street corner. I would watch my things in the presence of most black people (in my area) because I've been robbed by suspicious looking black guys before.

Distinct Poster

Tactical Leg Sweep
Posties
Tuah
Posties
Tuah

Are you trying to misunderstand my posts? 'cause I thought I spelled it out pretty well there.

I'm guessing as to why people dislike tattoos because I don't know for sure. I can't be certain of other peoples' opinions, so I do not claim that this is fact.

I am not saying anything about [people with tattoos]. I am saying something about [people who say things about people with tattoos]. I don't know if I can say it more simply than that.

I am with the OP; in agreement, mutual understanding, alliance, cahoots. I think the OP is right to question this behavior of questioning people with tattoos.
If you're guessing then stop trying to propagate your ******** argument as a valid generalization. No s**t.
You can agree with OP if you want, it's irrelevant because your initial statement that you rejected as not being an opinion and axiomatic is actually an generalized opinion.

Because if I don't expressly use the word "opinion" or the phrase "I think", I must be declaring my word as absolute truth, right?

******** you, I'm done.

She*** did NOT say that people get tattoos because of your stupid concise way of saying it in "YOLO". She said SOME PEOPLE MIGHT DISLIKE THEM BECAUSE THEY THINK THE PERSON WHO GOT THEM [TATOOS] WAS "YOLO" ABOUT GETTING THEM [TATOOS]. That's what the ******** OP is about. It's about trying to understand WHY SOME PEOPLE dislike tattoos, Tuah gave a perfectly valid response by saying some people, for better or worse, think it's a bad thing to do because it's something permanent and they fear that.

Then you went on and head-desked these ridiculous arguments EVEN AFTER SHE TOLD YOU that she was speaking from the perspective of someone who did not like tattoos. Jeeesus Christ.

***I'm referring to them as a her only by assumption, so apologies Tuah if you are a male, or a nonhuman or something.
Let me just remove your emotional statements that lack a valid point to back your initial proposition.

Quote:
You missed the main point. She also never said "some."
All responses are valid, welcome to logic 101.

Quote:
Just because what was said is an opinion doesn't make it sound, or correct hence why I addressed the point.

I think all men have sucked at least 98, 20 inch dicks. OH WAIT YOU GUYS, THAT"S JUST WHAT I THINK PLEASE SPARE ME THE JUDGEMENT.

Shy Fairy

It's mostly for the sake of old people. They're stuck in their own little sheltered fairy tale worlds where nothing has changed since the time they grew up in, they don't understand how the modern world works and how social norms have changed from what they are used to. Back in their era, tattoos were associated with gangs, bikers especially, which was seen as undesirable and automatically made you a bad person. They believe that it's still like that today, even though it isn't.

And it also involves religious people as well. They dislike the fact that people are altering and damaging the "perfect" bodies that "god" made for them. rolleyes

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

It's just bigotry.
You can't argue logically with a bigot.

duldol v3

I don't think a man should be judged on how he looks, but by his actions.

getting a tattoo is an action. and people are judging that action.
Quote:
Let me just remove your emotional statements that lack a valid point to back your initial proposition.

Quote:
You missed the main point. She also never said "some."
All responses are valid, welcome to logic 101.

Quote:
Just because what was said is an opinion doesn't make it sound, or correct hence why I addressed the point.

I think all men have sucked at least 98, 20 inch dicks. OH WAIT YOU GUYS, THAT"S JUST WHAT I THINK PLEASE SPARE ME THE JUDGEMENT.

What emotion? The only emotion I've been expressing here is frustration and contempt with your apparent inability to comprehend what you are reading, and or your insistence that you are right despite repeated evidence that you are patently wrong. No, not all responses are valid. Welcome to ******** English 101. Actually the only one missing the point here is you because you've ******** BOLDED THE WRONG PART OF THE SENTENCE.

No seriously are you retarded? How is this a difficult concept to understand.

Her: Maybe the reason those people don't like tattoos is because they seem permanent.

You: HERP DERP NOT EVERYONE JUST GETS A TATTOO ON A WHIM

Her: I didn't say that, I was saying people might think that.

You: HERP DERP NOT A VALID JUDGEMENT

Me: Retard, she's not saying that she's judging those with tattoos or saying they get them on a whim, she's saying people might dislike them because they think they get them for those reasons.

You: HERP DERP SUCKING DICKS.

There, a nice little summary of this thread where you ******** head-desk nonsense and try to lecture me on "logic" when you clearly have no grasp of what it is you're reading.

Newbie Noob

Yumi Kazuki
duldol v3

I don't think a man should be judged on how he looks, but by his actions.

getting a tattoo is an action. and people are judging that action.

Right but that's only deciphered based upon either visual inference or someone actually telling people that he or she has gotten a tattoo.

Regardless, although getting a tattoo is an action, that doesn't mean that action can tell you what kind of person the man or woman with a tattoo is.

Newbie Noob

Agent Borealis
duldol v3

Perhaps those examples are poorly deduced conclusions to an observed pattern. The general idea still stands though. I wouldn't call it prejudice.

Based on my own pattern recognition for example, I would be quite afraid of walking past a group of young guys on a street corner. I would watch my things in the presence of most black people (in my area) because I've been robbed by suspicious looking black guys before.

That sounds really racist.
I'm sorry I used to stay in government housing, as an Asian American. Not all black guys are thieves. I mean yeah to some extent you can think you're protecting yourself by being prejudiced but you can also just be becoming sheltered and ignorant..and offensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff