Welcome to Gaia! ::

Abstract: The world governments have come together and decided that you, dear reader, are to be given an opportunity to solve all of the worlds problems. To accomplish this task, you will be given unlimited available resources for the period of one (1) year. These resources include, but are not limited to; human power, physical components, rights to build where you see fit, and professional blue print makers to word for word outline your plans to construction crews.

At the end of this one (1) year period, any buildings or sanctions that you constructed will be considered un-alterable world wide for the rest of human existence.

wahmbulance Limitations wahmbulance :

Your contract will be voided if you:
- Ask for the opinions of others on what you should do at any time during this one (1) year period.
OR
- Attempt to kill any other human being during this one (1) year period.

All changes in your plan must come from observations of trial and error alone.
Your plan is to be subservient to the natural laws of the universe.

In five hundred (500) words or less, please outline your plan to fix the world under the heading "Abstract:" I'm very interested in your ideas.

Floppy Member

YourNeighborsCat
Friends: 0

Whose sock are you?

Dapper Reveler

The Legendary Guest
YourNeighborsCat

Whose sock are you?
It's real like you to look into the poster before giving a response.

Floppy Member

Avgvsto
The Legendary Guest
YourNeighborsCat

Whose sock are you?
It's real like you to look into the poster before giving a response.

It certainly is. That is unlikely to change. Are you making an admission?

Dapper Reveler

I'd give universal accounting, agricultural, business, and trades education for every country. Have an IQ test that'd allow anyone with a certain score an educational loan for something near 1% interest or do that muslim thing where you just determine a higher price and finance it.

Establish a system whereby any business which would help fund infrastructure improvements to developing countries will be entirely tax exempt for 10 years. Make the down payments and aid with any direction necessary to businesses attempting to harvest raw material and create more self sufficiency in their country.

Then form a consul from of all the world's religious leaders (of a strong enough population), highest political figures of the top ten countries with lowest average debt, and an elected representative from each of the continents (where each country gets one vote [countries can also determine if they wish to be grouped together by a culture rather than a region, such as australia can be represented by the west rather than malaysia]). This consul will determine a base universal worldly law and will yearly elect regional courts to both determine the consul's laws as constitutional and try offenders. Offenders (generally speaking political leaders) will be given given an unlimited bounty for them alive (nothing dead) and to be found guilty only with a 100% vote against them. If the regional court finds them around 70% guilty the offender can be taken before the major consul directly.

Finally I'd make the olympics a lot more manly. Boxing would be one point per knocking a guy down. Wrestling would never be taken out of it. And so on.

Dapper Reveler

The Legendary Guest
Are you making an admission?
what?

Floppy Member

Avgvsto
The Legendary Guest
what?

Is it your sock?

Dedicated Firestarter

23,975 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Firestarter 200
I can't even go to the bathroom in a relatives house without ASKING first.
This is a no go.

Dapper Reveler

The Legendary Guest
Avgvsto
The Legendary Guest
what?

Is it your sock?
No, and who calls it a sock? I have one other account called Avgvst
Avgvsto
The Legendary Guest
Is it your sock?
No, and who calls it a sock? I have one other account called Avgvst

Carmen
Avgvsto
I'd give universal accounting, agricultural, business, and trades education for every country. Have an IQ test that'd allow anyone with a certain score an educational loan for something near 1% interest or do that muslim thing where you just determine a higher price and finance it.

Establish a system whereby any business which would help fund infrastructure improvements to developing countries will be entirely tax exempt for 10 years. Make the down payments and aid with any direction necessary to businesses attempting to harvest raw material and create more self sufficiency in their country.

Then form a consul from of all the world's religious leaders (of a strong enough population), highest political figures of the top ten countries with lowest average debt, and an elected representative from each of the continents (where each country gets one vote [countries can also determine if they wish to be grouped together by a culture rather than a region, such as australia can be represented by the west rather than malaysia]). This consul will determine a base universal worldly law and will yearly elect regional courts to both determine the consul's laws as constitutional and try offenders. Offenders (generally speaking political leaders) will be given given an unlimited bounty for them alive (nothing dead) and to be found guilty only with a 100% vote against them. If the regional court finds them around 70% guilty the offender can be taken before the major consul directly.

Finally I'd make the olympics a lot more manly. Boxing would be one point per knocking a guy down. Wrestling would never be taken out of it. And so on.
Thank you for posting a response. Your comment has been read and taken into consideration.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
YourNeighborsCat

God dammit.

K, so first, I rework the entire education system to be more focused on figuring things out on yourself instead of listening to orders.
Declare that there are no longer any countries but instead one unified world government. It would be set up by dividing the world's population into half, time and again, until such a time wherein there're multitudes of regions of about ten thousand people each, determined by a specific set of rules leaving very little to political manipulation. Wherein leaders are selected in a sort of tournament format, victors determined by how much they improved the sector they represent.
Because ******** voting.
There'd be an automatic comparison every year, with the change in office occurring immediately after determination.
There'd be a global demilitarization, with strict regulations on every form of weaponry. One of the factors involved in leader determination would be how low the murder rate is.
Tax rate would be progressive and high, leading to an eventual maximum income somewhere along the line. Money would go to infrastructure, education, mostly research, and taking care of/further educating the poor.

Dapper Reveler

YourNeighborsCat

- Ask for the opinions of others on what you should do at any time during this one (1) year period.
OR

Uh I did both of these things at the same time with building a consul who can try people on laws like these. Did I break the rules?
Divine_Malevolence
YourNeighborsCat

God dammit.

K, so first, I rework the entire education system to be more focused on figuring things out on yourself instead of listening to orders.
Declare that there are no longer any countries but instead one unified world government. It would be set up by dividing the world's population into half, time and again, until such a time wherein there're multitudes of regions of about ten thousand people each, determined by a specific set of rules leaving very little to political manipulation. Wherein leaders are selected in a sort of tournament format, victors determined by how much they improved the sector they represent.
Because ******** voting.
There'd be an automatic comparison every year, with the change in office occurring immediately after determination.
There'd be a global demilitarization, with strict regulations on every form of weaponry. One of the factors involved in leader determination would be how low the murder rate is.
Tax rate would be progressive and high, leading to an eventual maximum income somewhere along the line. Money would go to infrastructure, education, mostly research, and taking care of/further educating the poor.
A more socio-darwinistic approach than the first abstract proposed, but with taxes and regulations. The idea of an improvement tournament is something I had already internalized prior to reading your post, but without myself really mentally establishing what points improvement would be balanced upon.

Fanatical Zealot

Divine_Malevolence
YourNeighborsCat

God dammit.

Because ******** voting.

So you'd argue that murder rate is the most important factor, and that it must be a result of their merits as a leader rather than idk, random chance or the state of well being of the people; you take the victim blaming approach, suggesting that the murder rates must be their fault or even largely under their control?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff