Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you Remember?

Yes 0.62264150943396 62.3% [ 33 ]
No 0.37735849056604 37.7% [ 20 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
1 2 >
Anyone Remember the OLD Gaia?
Before I was Euphoria Born, I stumbled onto a link called: Gaia, on the deviantART forum page on a post. Back then I was another name, other than Euphoria Born.

Anyone remember:
The first layout homepage?
The time before we had profiles and simplicity?
The first real monthy items?
When the KiKi plushie came out?
When there had only been 65 Moderators/Staff?

The beginning of it all...?
I didn't even had an account back then, I watched my sister when I was bored biggrin

I remember when KiKi came out, but I don't remember the month, or even the year.

I was younger then.

But damn, we have more than 20 mods? With how abandoned the ED is I thought we had eight or so....

Dapper Explorer

2,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Good gravy that was a while back. I remember coming back to Gaia after a year or two's absence to find all kinds of weird stuff! It was very disorientating but I also felt like a kid in a sweet shop, "Ooooooo!"

Oh and... I think this is the wrong forum for this topic stare
TheBritt
Good gravy that was a while back. I remember coming back to Gaia after a year or two's absence to find all kinds of weird stuff! It was very disorientating but I also felt like a kid in a sweet shop, "Ooooooo!"

Well, the OP DID ask us to discuss something, and unless I'm wrong this IS the Extended Discussion. Granted this really isn't extended, it belongs in the GD more.... But, tell me, do you think this would get a good reply in the GD?
I remember...
January 2004. 2 days before I went to anime convention and actually met other gaians there...
All I have to say about the new gaia is, WHAT HAPPENED TO TOWNS?!
There's a chess board...and flowers...you can pee...and like...OVERPOPULATED.
I miss the glitch too.
Towns is the biggest disappointment for me. sad
And I still don't understand evolving items.
Topic for GD//
Yep! sweatdrop I remember when I would save 8k for a week to buy the latest donation item. I bought this scarf for 8k. now it's expensive as hell! >_<
I remember ancient Gaia but I didn't appreciate it at the time. People complained about how things sucked even back then. Nostalgia makes things seem better they they really were confused

Dapper Explorer

2,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I-Wolf-I
TheBritt

Well, the OP DID ask us to discuss something, and unless I'm wrong this IS the Extended Discussion. Granted this really isn't extended, it belongs in the GD more.... But, tell me, do you think this would get a good reply in the GD?

Well, that is true, but to be an ED topic there should have been something more like 'do you think the old one was better than the new' or 'has it gone too far?' Now there's a discussion wink

Trippzzz
I remember...
January 2004. 2 days before I went to anime convention and actually met other gaians there...
All I have to say about the new gaia is, WHAT HAPPENED TO TOWNS?!
There's a chess board...and flowers...you can pee...and like...OVERPOPULATED.
I miss the glitch too.
Towns is the biggest disappointment for me. sad
And I still don't understand evolving items.

Towns? Towns!? Good Christ, I'm still getting my head round the idea of having the towns! @_@; I remember that being one of the biggest novelties when I came back...

So, let's make it a discussion? Has it gone too far and where will it end?

They're making an RPG fighting sim or something now, right? As fun as that sounds, will it detract from the more... social aspects of Gaia? And won't a game like that draw away all the attention from towns and the forums?

What will come next?

Do you miss it when it was just your avatar, clothes and the forum? :p. I actually quite like towns, but I find myself still mostly posting on the forums rather than loitering on the towns. I think the text goes too quickly >.>;
The greatest things about gaia will always be here so long as the people who brought its greatness remain.
I remember being promised a battle system five years ago, and then becoming several angry and offensive trolls out of sheer disappointment.
It was really slow... Either that or always down.
The old Gaia is gone, the new Gaia is here.

Soon, this will be the old Gaia, and a new Gaia will emerge. Why?

Publicity has been getting more and more users on the site, they're more demanding than us, and it won't stop soon nor will it ever. I'm sure Lanzer didn't expect Gaia to explode, but it has.
People want the old Gaia back, and have started protests. Which is only HELPING Gaia grow, in a very difficult-to-explain way. >_< No time for reminiscing, fellas, we have to keep moving in our community, or it'll fall apart eventually, and no one wants that.
Oh, do I remember? Of course I do! xd I'm from April of '04. What do I miss most? The old URL... gogaia.com. crying
In old Gaia they didn't have annoncements that spammed me with evolving item reports.

gonk
Alas, it was a different account, and my Gaia beginnings were back in 05. I wasn't on in 04.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games