Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know what you mean. To me, 9-11 is nothing compared to this. 2,000 some people died on 9-11.... multiply that by 25 and you'll get the number of deaths so far for this tragedy... I'm going to donate money I think.

Familiar Genius

7,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
The amount dead has gone past the population of the town I live in. I couldn't imagine if my town was just wiped out one day. And the fact that some of these deaths could have been avoided gets me even more.
the pic that shows the scenery after the tsunami was horrifying...
I have actaully kind have been under a rock and was not aware of this until I checked out deviant art where a fellow artist who lives in Thailand mentioned it and how she is unsure if her friends are alive and it is really depressing. I was neglecting the news cause of the holiday and then this comes around. My condolences to to people over there right now.
This is so awful. I saw a glimpse of it early at 4 am this morning before I had to drop off my bf at the airport. My god, when I saw the death tolls, I was shocked. I remember seeing nothing but bodies on the screen. Cases like this I wish I could help. But I can only do it in a small way.
Actually, the figure for 9/11 is closer to 4,000. But, you're right. The figure is exceedingly higher. As well, there is no one that can be truly blamed for the event. I imagine some people are thinking that whichever divinity they worship is angry with them.. Probably decent people, too.. And according to the pictures I've seen.. and the video aired on the website and supposedly on ABC news.. I can see why they might think that way.

It is a certain thing that disease will spread. The main thing, other than medical attention, shelter, and food.. is that the water and sanitation systems be fixed as soon as possible (My father had input on this).
BBC Article

BBC Central Page
The page above has stories directly related to the events.
3% of the people were kids that died icon_gonk.gif thats kinda sad and i cant imagine a big giant wave comming over my house and every thing so i drow n that would be horrible unless the water was vodka im kiddin lol

View users profileRead Tatdragon's JournalSend private messageStart a tradeAIM AddressMSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote

... don't forget Indonesia. It was hit most near Indonesia.
... I have RELATIVES at Indonesia. Do you know how I feel?
Do you wanna know what happened?
There were people near a train near the beach and the Tsunami
hit the train. Almost everyone died. They drowned.
Same thing at hotels. They drowned in their own rooms.

darkdragon14

darkdragon14 wrote:

... don't forget Indonesia. It was hit most near Indonesia.
... I have RELATIVES at Indonesia. Do you know how I feel?
Do you wanna know what happened?
There were people near a train near the beach and the Tsunami
hit the train. Almost everyone died. They drowned.
Same thing at hotels. They drowned in their own rooms.

tatsushii: thats kinda scarry reminds me of the titanic 3rd class pasengers drown in their own rooms your probley kinda worried arnt you
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
to see videos and stuff go here
fox news videos
i think it was horrible
Thank you for the images. I had been trying to get the proper links to put them up here, but I'm not so good at that.

But I would like to ask you not to joke around on this thread. Even if it is a jest, many people would be offended. I'm sure there are less serious threads which you can joke around on..
I found this thread, and im sad to hear about it...
I literally have realitives in Indonesia. I was just there about 3 weeks ago.
About 2 more weeks and I could've been dead. *sigh* WHY DID IT HAFTA HAPPEN?!
It was the worst in about 40 years... my mom knows most about it.
Just the day before it hit, I was talking to my realitives there. TALKING TO THEM! I never knew something this disasterous would happen...
I was literally crying when I heard about it yesterday morning...
Quote:
Thank you for the images. I had been trying to get the proper links to put them up here, but I'm not so good at that.
oh
*sighs* I'm not offended at all...
I just want to make sure all my relatives are safe...
I can't belive something like this was going to happen the day
right after I call them the day before...
Quote:
*sighs* I'm not offended at all...
I just want to make sure all my relatives are safe...
I can't belive something like this was going to happen the day
right after I call them the day before...

Yea I No I Would Be Kinda Scared Or Worried sweatdrop
I just heard on CNN that the death toll is now greater than that of the total amount of American soldiers that died in the Vietnam War..
I'm not sure if this is true, but it's very upsetting..
This whole event has me heartbroken.
All the residents of the countries effected must be horrified.
And my thoughts go out to them and all of the tourists who were there as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff