Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heres some food for thought...
Does a man or woman have the right to judge another man or woman given the fact that humans are not all knowing and omnipresent?

What is a valuable lifeform? We kill bugs every day, yet we have croons yelling about the chickens killed for the McNuggets or whatever...

Is it really human nature to be selfish and ignorant or is that a lame excuse to not change for the better?

Dangerous Dabbler

9,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Kaeta_Guardian
Heres some food for thought...
Does a man or woman have the right to judge another man or woman given the fact that humans are not all knowing and omnipresent?

What is a valuable lifeform? We kill bugs every day, yet we have croons yelling about the chickens killed for the McNuggets or whatever...

Is it really human nature to be selfish and ignorant or is that a lame excuse to not change for the better?

hm... on judging... no. cause we are to emotional and that tends to get in the way. we forget to look at all the facts of the situation as well as the other persons emotion by using our own emotion to block things that might be important.

valuable lifeform? all of it... like judging humans, who are we to decide what lives and what dies... if I didn't need to kill to live I wouldn't kill anything.

as for human nature a little from column a and a little from column b.
But some judging is necessary. I use the term generally because even if you are deciding to go to the fridge for a snack you are making a judgement of a sort as well as a decision. Pointedly, as humans it is also sometimes necessary to use "constructive criticism" to help others...

Buggy Mage

Food for thought....give me a break man there are many mysterious things out there but wasting your time asking why are people are selfish and ignorant is just asking for a migrane anyways it can be fun to mess with socialy over-indulgent ones such as this they desrve this as punishment for being how they are. Theres ya mint wink

Beloved Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
I dont believe it is any human beings place to judge another, because of the fact that we will judge based on our thoughts, and our opinions, without thinking about the other person. But I do know that in some cases we have to judge others like a judge and a jury that has to decide whether a man is guilty or not. THere are cases where we have to. but is it right to? In my opinion no.

As for killing other speices as well as our own. Who are we again to decide who should live and who should die? What gives us the right to decide the fate of another living creature. I to think that it is wrong, but I am guilty of killing an ant or a bug, and I am guilty of eating meat. Its the way we are. We are sinful creatures, that thrive on fulfilling our own pleasures, and doing that which will benifit us.

Yes it is human nature to be selfish, but not ignorant. Selfishness is a part of being human, we all want anything and everything that will make our lives a little better. Its in our nature to want to care for numero uno. But ignorance is not human nature. We are born with minds, and intellect that is not blessed on other species, but we dont use it and we waste it on nothing. We let our gifts of inteligance fade away. And yes we do use human nature as an exuse for all to many things. We shouldnt but we do.

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Your title, "Intrinsic Rights of Man" made me think of the laws of equality we all believe we should have but in answer to your question...

Human's must eat to survive, to do that, we must kill and cook other animals for food, every carnivorous (or omnivore..ous) animals do this; its the natural order of things. Every life should be valued and respected.

We have no right to judge eachother (other human's) either, every life should be valued and everyone's person should be respected.

Just because there is a way things SHOULD be, doesn't mean its how it is.
first of all, lemme say this:

MAN HAS NO INTRINSIC RIGHTS....what we have are PRIVILEGES....

on another note: it is written: "judge not yet ye be judged" - so as far as that topic goes, "Do your best not to judge." Will there be situations when it cannot be avoided and we judge others? Of course! the point is not that we have judged or not, but our resolve in doing so.

Simple fact of life is that we all fail, and quoting the Bible, "fall short of the glory of God." therefore, all our righteousness "are like filthy rags."

bottomline....trust God, keep on doing your best to be the best you can be, learn to be patient and humble even if ur wronged....in the end...we could all learn to give a little more love, caz there's no end to that.
Its not a matter of whether we have the right or the privilege to judge others, humans always judge each other whether you want to or not. As to the "valuable lifeform" question, all life forms are valuable and each play there role in the ecosystem. bugs are some of the best decomposers around and help clean up all the dead animals and plants therefore they have value, but there are so many of them that you really need not concern yourself with killing them by accident or on purpose you will never be able to kill enough to even make a difference to them. Chickens are also valuable... as my lunch, we breed chickens specifically for food and just like many other animals we eat them that is their role in the current grand scheme, end of story.
Kaeta_Guardian

Kind of randomness here but I NEVER kill bugs, and scream at people when they do, yet I love my McChicken n' Cheese Burgers and don't even blink an eye at the thought of the dead chicken.
judge others? it's wrong, but we do it.
kill bugs? well unless you eat them to survive, that's kinda stupid too. and yet we do it.
that my friend is the human nature. we do our best to do our worst.
(that ofcourse does not apply on everyone)
alright alright already, as far as the judging others part goes....we can all come together and agree we judge to some degree....said enuf already, talk about the other stuff....
Rights are an implicit social contract, not some inviolable property of human beings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff