Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Not only that, but infantilization destroys people's independence. You have kids being kept in car seats until they're eight years old, for goodness sake! Is there any wonder that today's children and teenagers are so woefully needy?
Suicidesoldier#1
It's not an innate human tendency to be violent. Maybe, .5% of people will be murdered in their life time, far less than that will actually be murderers.

For instance, how many people have you killed in your life? How many violent acts have you committed?

Just because people do not act on their wishes and tendencies to be violent does not mean and never will mean that we are not violent.

Fanatical Zealot

Bogotanian
Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian
Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian
Well many people believe that it's right to "turn the other cheek" and not to treat them the same way that they treated you.

Also, I would say that there is a reason that bullies are "getting away with it" and genuine victims are losing out. I talked about this in the psychology forum. Bullies seem to get away with it because society is geared around their success in a hypocritical way. I'm talking about sociopaths here. A sociopath is someone who who has charm, charisma, is intelligent, and knows how to inspire people. How many of these traits are considered good things? You can see these traits in very rich and successful people in the upper echelon of society ( Politicians, Bussinesman, CEOs, Actors etc). However, sociopaths don't really care what people think and they are masters at manipulating people's emotions and lying to them. A successful businessman will say anything to make the sale while a politician will give a very eloquent speech to back up their points. In my opinion the world is run by sociopaths, someone who has a superficial charm, who knows how to manipulate other people and the system, and stay ahead with their desires.

Now back to the bully thing. Bullies "get away with it" because they can. Just like a sociopath. They are already learning traits that are "supposedly wrong... but successful adults exhibit those same traits." I'd say that society actually glorifies obtaining power, wealth, and fame through whatever means necessary. Relating that to a small scale example, such as a school bully, the bully is well on his way to achieving his goals (hurting someone for his satisfaction) while getting away with it (no one else saw or he lies to the teacher). Sadly, I think that the bully mindset actually makes people "successful" in a way (society's standard of getting what you want), which is really messed up to think about.

Uh... most sociopaths do not possess those traits, most actually lack any of them seeing as how they lack basic human empathy and thus a general sense of common sense. xp

People will pyschopathy have combordidity with other issues in general, such as low intelligence and by definition lack of real emotional understanding of other people.

No, I would say that people focus on their lack of empathy sometimes think that that's all there is to it. But it's what they do because they lack human empathy that makes them dangerous. They exhibit the traits of charm, manipulation, narcissism especially, and a lack of remorse and impulse control. Sociopaths are more likely to do something crazy on a whim because it's fun while a rational person might think about the implications. And no, many sociopaths are extremely intelligent. They see common sense in other people and know how to fit in and manipulate them... the problem is they just don't give a s**t about people's feelings so they use them for their own personal gain (sexual gratification or getting ahead for themselves). Sociopaths have learned not to get caught and how to lie enough to look like a good person.

Again, most don't. Basic human empathy means you know how people think, how they act, how they feel; in doing so, in knowing how other people think, you would be better at manipulating people. It's people who lack empathy that would be bad at it, chiefly sociopaths. Although hollywood always portrays them as some kind of charming intellectual, in general, in real life, most tend to have sub-par intelligence, and in lacking empathy don't know how other people think, and thus suck at fitting in or being charmers.

A lot of these people wet the bed until late, late adolescence. They tend to have comborbidity, a lack of a number of instincts. Those lack of instincts tend to make them dumb and poor manipulators, although they often try to fit in and are insecure and whatnot.

But there is a distinction between sociopathy and psychopathy. While all psychopaths are sociopaths, sociopaths aren't necessarily psychopaths. If they haven't killed anyone or broken the law, they are a non-criminal sociopath. I found an interesting quote of a book called "Confessions of a Sociopath"

As M.E. Thomas says of her fellow sociopaths, we are your neighbors, co-workers, and quite possibly the people closest to you: lovers, family, friends. Our risk-seeking behavior and general fearlessness are thrilling, our glibness and charm alluring. Our often quick wit and outside-the-box thinking make us appear intelligent—even brilliant. We climb the corporate ladder faster than the rest, and appear to have limitless self-confidence. Who are we? We are highly successful, non-criminal sociopaths and we comprise 4% of the American population

That's the general sense of narcissism; they have an elevated sense of self importance and a need to project unto themselves and others to try to boost their egos, but they're rarely as good as they think. Most of society just tends to overlook them and not care, but of course, they think they are hiding among us, waiting to pounce!

Sociopaths and pyschopaths both lack empathy, one tends to do overtly illegal things and the other may just be a bully or a mean cheerleader; most non-criminal ones are just weirdo. But it doesn't make them good at social interactions, in fact they tend to be outcasts.

Heroic Hero

Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian
Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian
Well many people believe that it's right to "turn the other cheek" and not to treat them the same way that they treated you.

Also, I would say that there is a reason that bullies are "getting away with it" and genuine victims are losing out. I talked about this in the psychology forum. Bullies seem to get away with it because society is geared around their success in a hypocritical way. I'm talking about sociopaths here. A sociopath is someone who who has charm, charisma, is intelligent, and knows how to inspire people. How many of these traits are considered good things? You can see these traits in very rich and successful people in the upper echelon of society ( Politicians, Bussinesman, CEOs, Actors etc). However, sociopaths don't really care what people think and they are masters at manipulating people's emotions and lying to them. A successful businessman will say anything to make the sale while a politician will give a very eloquent speech to back up their points. In my opinion the world is run by sociopaths, someone who has a superficial charm, who knows how to manipulate other people and the system, and stay ahead with their desires.

Now back to the bully thing. Bullies "get away with it" because they can. Just like a sociopath. They are already learning traits that are "supposedly wrong... but successful adults exhibit those same traits." I'd say that society actually glorifies obtaining power, wealth, and fame through whatever means necessary. Relating that to a small scale example, such as a school bully, the bully is well on his way to achieving his goals (hurting someone for his satisfaction) while getting away with it (no one else saw or he lies to the teacher). Sadly, I think that the bully mindset actually makes people "successful" in a way (society's standard of getting what you want), which is really messed up to think about.

Uh... most sociopaths do not possess those traits, most actually lack any of them seeing as how they lack basic human empathy and thus a general sense of common sense. xp

People will pyschopathy have combordidity with other issues in general, such as low intelligence and by definition lack of real emotional understanding of other people.

No, I would say that people focus on their lack of empathy sometimes think that that's all there is to it. But it's what they do because they lack human empathy that makes them dangerous. They exhibit the traits of charm, manipulation, narcissism especially, and a lack of remorse and impulse control. Sociopaths are more likely to do something crazy on a whim because it's fun while a rational person might think about the implications. And no, many sociopaths are extremely intelligent. They see common sense in other people and know how to fit in and manipulate them... the problem is they just don't give a s**t about people's feelings so they use them for their own personal gain (sexual gratification or getting ahead for themselves). Sociopaths have learned not to get caught and how to lie enough to look like a good person.

Again, most don't. Basic human empathy means you know how people think, how they act, how they feel; in doing so, in knowing how other people think, you would be better at manipulating people. It's people who lack empathy that would be bad at it, chiefly sociopaths. Although hollywood always portrays them as some kind of charming intellectual, in general, in real life, most tend to have sub-par intelligence, and in lacking empathy don't know how other people think, and thus suck at fitting in or being charmers.

A lot of these people wet the bed until late, late adolescence. They tend to have comborbidity, a lack of a number of instincts. Those lack of instincts tend to make them dumb and poor manipulators, although they often try to fit in and are insecure and whatnot.

But there is a distinction between sociopathy and psychopathy. While all psychopaths are sociopaths, sociopaths aren't necessarily psychopaths. If they haven't killed anyone or broken the law, they are a non-criminal sociopath. I found an interesting quote of a book called "Confessions of a Sociopath"

As M.E. Thomas says of her fellow sociopaths, we are your neighbors, co-workers, and quite possibly the people closest to you: lovers, family, friends. Our risk-seeking behavior and general fearlessness are thrilling, our glibness and charm alluring. Our often quick wit and outside-the-box thinking make us appear intelligent—even brilliant. We climb the corporate ladder faster than the rest, and appear to have limitless self-confidence. Who are we? We are highly successful, non-criminal sociopaths and we comprise 4% of the American population

Fanatical Zealot

It's not an innate human tendency to be violent. Maybe, .5% of people will be murdered in their life time, far less than that will actually be murderers.

For instance, how many people have you killed in your life? How many violent acts have you committed?

Fanatical Zealot

Bogotanian
Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian

Heroic Hero

Suicidesoldier#1
Bogotanian

Fanatical Zealot

Oh no, society doesn't retaliate violently and throw tamper tantrums anytime they are mad D:

How terrible!

Fanatical Zealot

Bogotanian

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
Honestly, I think it's the people who question who made it this way.

It's logically a very sound system. Manipulate the masses into an obedient entity via controlling the society and you've got a massive amount of drones.
To someone who thinks, another person who thinks is more of a threat than a potential boon. If a person's keen to your manipulation they're liable to turn into the wrench that destroys the machine.

To one in control, a system like the one set up is a boon. When nobody questions their authority, they get to keep it.
Indoctrination and obedience to a system that is unhealthy to human kind. That's pretty much the idea. It disgusts me to no end.
People who question and think for themselves are dangerous. We're like rocks in the smooth path but we're the only ones who create innovation and new ways of seeing. I sometimes argue that there will never be another Einstein because of our society. No one is allowed to be in that way. The future of human kind is sad.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
In all things I could give less ******** about sociopaths. But this strikes me as something different.

casidy brainbug
In the past of our civilization we were allowed to stand up for ourselves and our personalities and traits were not watered down to piss by this systematic infantization of our race forced on by our society.

On one hand, better that we don't go around murdering people that we don't agree with. Strike back and things escalate in a ne'er ending cycles.
Second part, though... Indeed. Though infantization isn't so much a word to use.

Indoctrination might be better.
I'd not say that the lack of retaliation's so much a problem, but a focus on obedience above all else is. Instead of attempting to cultivate rational self functioning individuals, everything is set in place as a sort of "Do or die" mentality. Rarely any leeway given, nor thought involved.
Nobody should care if people 'retaliate' or 'stand up for themselves', because that's not the problem.

People need to question. And our society actively tries to root out those who do.
Divine_Malevolence
The reason why retaliation's negative is because it causes a circle of retaliation.
While that may be true in some cases, I see some forms of retaliation as healthy and necessary. It might not sound like I believe in law and order but I do, I just think as human beings we have some rights that should be respected that are not currently being acknowledged at all.
The courts will not save us, as there are a lot of things they cannot and will never do for us. The system is not here for us. Maybe research women in prison who had to take things into their own hands to protect themselves and now they are punished for it, for what? Because being empowered and capable is dangerous.
Brothern
Project 429
Sociopathy generally isn't violent.

I think the argument is that we'll all become sociopaths, because we can't express our "violent nature".

Bogotanian
The thing is sociopaths are learning to get away with it. It's psychopaths and murderers who are caught and thrown in prison. A sociopath is not a psychopath, though they can become one. Are people thrown into prison for manipulating and lying to others? A sociopath is cunning, deceptively charming, and very intelligent. People on the top exhibit these characteristics. These are people who are learning to do as much harm as they can for their own gain, while not getting in trouble with the law and being successful for their manipulative efforts.

I had thought that one of the central traits of being sociopaths was the inability to relate (absence of empathy) to other individuals. How exactly does hide the inability to relate to another person in a child-bearing intimate relationship?

I don't think that sociopaths people have a great tendency to reproduce and pass along their traits. Nor do I think there is a great threat of that. If they did, I think that would have already become a problem long ago, given the creation of early human civilizations some 12,000 years ago.

If we don't fight for our rights to live as human beings, free, we will never make it. Sociopaths don't give a ******** about anything or anyone. Why would that trait NOT prosper in our society? In the past of our civilization we were allowed to stand up for ourselves and our personalities and traits were not watered down to piss by this systematic infantization of our race forced on by our society.

The millions of people incapable of functioning without psych medication are even less likely to bear children. Someone with a severe anxiety disorder is not out getting rich.
You know who's really good at functioning in modern society? Sociopaths. Why do you believe sociopathology is so easy to spot? You literally sound like a fool if you think a sociopath is not extremely good at pretending to relate to others, pretending is their game. They are chameleons. I personally know four sociopaths and they all have children.

I really do not think you understand what I am talking about. I'm not good with words. This is not just about sociopaths taking over, this is about the dying off of our culture as human beings because of the bars and restrictions our society is forcing upon us all. Our culture is dying, the world is dying. And we are letting it happen, like good little pets.

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
The reason why retaliation's negative is because it causes a circle of retaliation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff