Welcome to Gaia! ::

English II Toffee
Yesterday, voting had taken place all over the State of North Carolina. A large number of people didn’t vote against the first amendment, they voted for it. Mainly because they were blinded by the “gay marriage,” policy. That is not the only thing that was on the amendment. There were other things involving women’s rights; education; health care; et cetera. Now since the amendment basically won the poll, now we cannot have gay marriage; on top of that, a pregnant woman will not get any health care, nor the baby when it’s born (they have to be married to obtain health care.) And, it is all coming into effect November.

But what pisses me off the most is the fact that if a woman in a relationship gets beat by her partner, she cannot obtain anything out of it.

And, if I were to get pregnant somehow, my child and I will not receive health care.

IT IS ALL BECAUSE NORTH CAROLINA IS BLINDED BY THEIR FAITH; THE CHRISTIANS, OF COURSE, VOTED FOR THE AMENDMENT BECAUSE THEY DON’T BELIEVE IN HOMOSEXUALITY.

Even the Governor told citizens' not to vote for it because she knew EXACTLY what was in the text.

Here is the full text of the bill: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Sessions/2011/Bills/Senate/PDF/S514v5.pdf

Copypaste for those who don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed and can't read PDF files:
Quote:
AN ACT TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION TO PROVIDE THAT MARRIAGE BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN IS THE ONLY DOMESTIC LEGAL UNION THAT SHALL BE VALID OR RECOGNIZED IN THIS STATE.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. Article 14 of the North Carolina Constitution is amended by adding the following new section:
"Sec. 6. Marriage.
Marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State. This section does not prohibit a private party from entering into contracts with another private party; nor does this section prohibit courts from adjudicating the rights of private parties pursuant to such contracts."
SECTION 2. The amendment set out in Section 1 of this act shall be submitted to the qualified voters of the State at a statewide election to be held on the date of the first primary in 2012, which election shall be conducted under the laws then governing elections in the State. Ballots, voting systems, or both may be used in accordance with Chapter 163 of the General Statutes. The question to be used in the voting systems and ballots shall be:
"[ ] FOR [ ] AGAINST
Constitutional amendment to provide that marriage between one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union that shall be valid or recognized in this State."
SECTION 3. If a majority of votes cast on the question are in favor of the amendment set out in Section 1 of this act, the State Board of Elections shall certify the amendment to the Secretary of State. The Secretary of State shall enroll the amendment so certified among the permanent records of that office.
SECTION 4. The amendment set out in Section 1 of this act is effective upon certification.
SECTION 5. This act is effective when it becomes law.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 14th day of September, 2011.

No word about women’s rights. No word about education. No word about health care.
It seems someone made a lie.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
8| This thread should die b/c I don't care about it anymore. . .
English II Toffee

Did you already spit in the eyes of the person who deceived you into spreading that misinformation? You're great!

Girl-Crazy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Anaria Kuruba-no-imoto
English II Toffee

Did you already spit in the eyes of the person who deceived you into spreading that misinformation? You're great!

I yelled at the senior at my school who told me this. . . . So will that work?
So, people should take a lesson from the Law concerning rights of civil partnerships in NC and all these other stupid laws that look like they could be against the Constitution if the Supreme Court deigns to look. That lesson is, get of yer asses and vote. I hear from people on Social Security and other government help programs as well as supporters of gay marriage that their vote doesn't count. Yeah, ******** you because that is how this s**t gets passed. Majority rules. You can also vote for someone else other than the ******** that are in power. You might get another ********, but it would be a ******** that you kind of agree with.

Hilarious Swapper

It's uneducated southern baptists North Carolina. Sure, the colleges and vacation towns are great, but the other parts not even close.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
echoing8whisper
English II Toffee

IT IS ALL BECAUSE NORTH CAROLINA IS BLINDED BY THEIR FAITH; THE CHRISTIANS, OF COURSE, VOTED FOR THE AMENDMENT BECAUSE THEY DON’T BELIEVE IN HOMOSEXUALITY.

As a Citizen of North Carolina, I beg to differ.

North Carolina Amendment One Voters Facing Possible Election Fraud As They Hit The Polls: Report

Perhaps you need to get out of the Church that you were standing in when you posted that. xp

BTW - I technically live in 2 cities both an hour away from one another (job reasons) in the state of NC and I haven't met ONE PERSON who was for this law.

that's just lovely.

these religious whack-a-moles, always babbling on about "I think we should put it up to a vote, let the PEOPLE decide who we can legally discriminate against," and then, when they get their opportunity to do just that, they decide "oh, but not THOSE people! they shouldn't get a vote, since they'd vote the wrong way."
My family in North Carolina voted to Protect Marriage. Never been more proud of them. biggrin
She Was Phone
Princess Creampie v2
Crylvia
Doesn't really help that most people who aren't from North Carolina don't tend to know d**k about it. Usually at that point it's just lumped in with the rest of 'The South' and 'Red States'. Sad, really.

Someone should make a thread about generalizations about each state in the United States, and address them as inaccurate with EDers from those states.
Someone did about a year ago, and it was hilarious. I never knew that New England is Catholic, nor that Maryland is part of that region. emotion_facepalm

Glad you enjoyed it smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces