Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Kitten

1,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
-Sigh- It's so depressing for me really. I'm a black gal, but... I can't connect to my people at all anymore, Once the words "black culture" is uttered, I shut down... I don't even want to think about it... I wish our folks would stop victimizing themselves...
lemme think...

Fred Douglass
Rosa Parks
MLK
Shaft
Blazing Saddles
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy
Mr. T
Bill Cosby
Magic Johnson
Geordi La Forge
Michael Jordon
Arsenio Hall
Young Will Smith
Colin Powell
Denzel Washington
Wesley Snipes
Kofi Annan
Tuvok
Adult Will Smith
Morgan Freeman (as God)
Condi Rice
Static Shock (Super Hero)
Pete Ross (Smallville)
Jaden Smith (Karate Kid)
Barack Obama
Nick Fury (Samuel Jackson)
Captain America

I think the trend is pretty obvious. role after role, both real and imagined have been swapped out.

The problem with total equality is eventually you just eliminate your own identity. The media now portrays the average black male as what the average highly intelligent yuppy white guy from Connecticut suburbs was portrayed in the 80s. If you portrayed a Black Man today as Sgt. York, there would be riots of racism for portraying a black person on television as so "backward" and befitting negative stereotypes about black people... even though Sgt. York was a white guy.

Shameless Mystic

Personally, I think the quality of the American "Black Community" is directly proportional to the quality of their music. When they actually stood for something, They had some of the best music in the world... now what are we left with? Music is often a sign of the times, and today's music sucks a**.

Tipsy Smoker

Don't even try it brought. Go read a book.

Shameless Mystic

conconconcrete wall
Aporeia
Personally, I think the quality of the American "Black Community" is directly proportional to the quality of their music. When they actually stood for something, They had some of the best music in the world... now what are we left with? Music is often a sign of the times, and today's music sucks a**.

The music industry is controlled by certain corporations, and that includes the radio. It has nothing to do with the spirit of the hood in these trying times.
What a white thing to say.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
conconconcrete wall
Michael Noire
lemme think...

Fred Douglass
Rosa Parks
MLK
Shaft
Blazing Saddles
Richard Pryor
Eddie Murphy
Mr. T
Bill Cosby
Magic Johnson
Geordi La Forge
Michael Jordon
Arsenio Hall
Young Will Smith
Colin Powell
Denzel Washington
Wesley Snipes
Kofi Annan
Tuvok
Adult Will Smith
Morgan Freeman (as God)
Condi Rice
Static Shock (Super Hero)
Pete Ross (Smallville)
Jaden Smith (Karate Kid)
Barack Obama
Nick Fury (Samuel Jackson)
Captain America

I think the trend is pretty obvious. role after role, both real and imagined have been swapped out.

The problem with total equality is eventually you just eliminate your own identity. The media now portrays the average black male as what the average highly intelligent yuppy white guy from Connecticut suburbs was portrayed in the 80s. If you portrayed a Black Man today as Sgt. York, there would be riots of racism for portraying a black person on television as so "backward" and befitting negative stereotypes about black people... even though Sgt. York was a white guy.

political correctness has nefarious side effects that make me wonder about its original intentions
you can't just homogenize speech
then again you gotta let people fight with fists if they want to, ******** all this order and society bullshit, fighting is right; it's non lethal and provides a counter to taunts and provocations

Except if someone is disabled and can't fight.

Hilarious Lunatic

Blacks are becoming the majority.

My town used to be a mostly white town (I'm white). Now there's blacks and Hispanics/Latinos everywhere (idk the difference, they look the same to me). My dad is one of the only white guys at his job.

Sucks being a minority. I had this black teacher in school who favored the black and Hispanic students. Never mind the white and Asian students who worked their asses off.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Mental Trainwreck

Sucks being a minority. I had this black teacher in school who favored the black and Hispanic students. Never mind the white and Asian students who worked their asses off.

Interesting question about this: You say the white and Asian students worked their asses off, but all the work in the world won't turn a turd into a tootsie roll, so I'm wondering if you ever considered the possibility that, though they may have worked harder than the black and Hispanic students, did they actually get more correct answers on assignments/tests than the black and Hispanic students?

Of course, this assumes that by "favouring them," you mean "gave them better grades," but to be completely honest, that's the only kind of favouring that really means anything in an Academic setting. Any other form of favour is really not worth discussing, since at the end of the day, you're in school specifically to make the grades, so as to get into a better college/have a nice title like "Valedictorian" to add to resumes and the like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff