Welcome to Gaia! ::

black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel
Those who don't respect others' rights to life, do not deserve to have their own respected.
So we should execute executioners and judges? I'm game.

They are guilty of no crime. They are only enforcing the legal statutes, as per their job.

This doesn't subvert what you've just said, however. I also recall that "I was just following orders" doesn't often justify atrocities in any persuasive sense.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel
Those who don't respect others' rights to life, do not deserve to have their own respected.

They are guilty of no crime. They are only enforcing the legal statutes, as per their job.

Mm, but crime isn't deserving of death. Evil is.

Whose brains would you blow out first, Robin Hood's or the Sheriff of Nottingham's?

Whichever threatened my safety.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel

This doesn't subvert what you've just said, however. I also recall that "I was just following orders" doesn't often justify atrocities in any persuasive sense.

In the legal sense, it tends to. That's how the chain of command works. The responsibility lies on the one who gave the order. That was the entire point to the climax of "A few good men".

"DID YOU ORDER THE RED ALERT?!"

"YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!!"

Yes, there will be people who still blame you, and so on. But in the end, the law is what matters most. The law is the difference between freedom, and imprisonment. Your personal morals are worth s**t, in San Quentin.
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel

In the legal sense, it tends to. That's how the chain of command works. The responsibility lies on the one who gave the order. That was the entire point to the climax of "A few good men".

Yes, there will be people who still blame you, and so on. But in the end, the law is what matters most. The law is the difference between freedom, and imprisonment. Your personal morals are worth s**t, in San Quentin.

That's not really what I was talking about.
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel

You can't be so scared of going to prison that you just let the government do whatever they want. I mean, if you're really against a** rape like that, you can just fight to the death.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel
Dieu des hommes
black_wing_angel

You can't be so scared of going to prison that you just let the government do whatever they want. I mean, if you're really against a** rape like that, you can just fight to the death.

emotion_facepalm You guys are hopeless.

We're not talking about revolution s**t, here. We're talking about crime and punishment. Those who would intentionally kill innocents, deserve to be killed, as well. Blood for blood. Stealing someone's TV is one thing. There's nothing lost that can not be replaced. But ending another life, with full intention? You don't deserve to live. And I fully believe that the execution should be a public display.
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel

We're not talking about revolution s**t, here. We're talking about crime and punishment. Those who would intentionally kill innocents, deserve to be killed, as well. Blood for blood. Stealing someone's TV is one thing. There's nothing lost that can not be replaced. But ending another life, with full intention? You don't deserve to live. And I fully believe that the execution should be a public display.

Wait, whose life? Would it matter? And does it matter why?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
Fermionic
black_wing_angel

Ok, you lost me, here...

Explain what you mean.
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel

Ok, you lost me, here...

Explain what you mean.

Let's say I knock some people off who more or less deserve it. What then?

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel

Ok, you lost me, here...

Explain what you mean.

Were you within your legal right to have done so?

If yes, then nothing happens.

If no, then you will suffer the consequences of your crime.

It's not hard. Although I'll note that generally speaking, unless it was a situation of "him or me" immediate threat to your life, then you're probably not in the clear to kill them.
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel

Ok, you lost me, here...

Explain what you mean.

It's not hard. Although I'll note that generally speaking, unless it was a situation of "him or me" immediate threat to your life, then you're probably not in the clear to kill them.

That situation sucks c**k. It puts all the legitimizing power in the hands of the state/legal system, neither of which are fair or just at all.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel
deadroosters
black_wing_angel

Ok, you lost me, here...

Explain what you mean.

That situation sucks c**k. It puts all the legitimizing power in the hands of the state/legal system, neither of which are fair or just at all.

There has to be a legal limitation in place. Otherwise, what's to stop me from blowing your head off your shoulders, and claiming it was "just", because you stepped on my brand new shoe? Everyone has their personal opinions and morals. We have laws to mediate them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff