Welcome to Gaia! ::

You do drugs.

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 30, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Ghandi was a psycho assasine hired by England to break India in half. He was a double-agent.

John Kerry is a necrophiliac.

Buddha is in no position to teach about self-control; he is a man who most weighed more than a truck. He beat his wives, and slaughtered doves with his long, long finger nails.

You are all band freaks who steal money from your parents' wallets and have been addicted to alcohol since the age of nine. You therefore, will most likely end up in jail by the age of thirty.

Obvious lies. However, all such slanderous speech is allowed, in the 'real world'. Politics, especially when two people are running up againt each other. Sure, you can sue the opposition for Slander, but what does that do? You gain money, but in the long run, you most likely have lost the elections and have taken to living at home, alone, with empty pizza boxes stacked all over the place.

Should slander be allowed in political situations? Should it be allowed at all? Is making your slanderer pay a significant amount of money good enough to make you feel better; I mean, is money a good substitute for your once-tolerable reputation?

What is stopping me from making things up about any body here? I do not believe that 'maturity' would be significant, given the fact that most slanderers have nothing to lose, except certain lines that dictate common decency?

Word travels fast, yes, and it seems that there is no stopping it.

How about some slandering, yo.
Whats funny is. Buddah Wasn't really fat. He was skinny as hell.
Puerilass
Well then, his followers are liars for creating such huge monuments of him.
Puerilass

I think might might be mistaking the cute chubby god Buddah with the skinny, diaper-wearing Ghandi
The english respected Ghandi. That's why no one ever hears about Bhagat Singh. The English hated him.
Puerilass

What's also funny is that Buddha is shown as very fat in many portraits and statues.
Anatolia
Puerilass

actually this is a huge cultural thing. When buddism was brought to china, they made budda fat in order for him to be more respected in society.
The Great Lina Inverse
Puerilass

I think might might be mistaking the cute chubby god Buddah with the skinny, diaper-wearing Ghandi

no, buddha really was skinny. he nearly starved himself to death then realized that hinduism should be modified.
This is not a thread discussing Buddha, Ghandi, or England. Read the entire first post, children
jou-chan
The Great Lina Inverse
Puerilass

no, buddha really was skinny. he nearly starved himself to death then realized that hinduism should be modified.

Really? Guess I shouldn't have slept in my World Religions class. sweatdrop
Spence Wind
Anatolia
Puerilass

actually this is a huge cultural thing. When buddism was brought to china, they made budda fat in order for him to be more respected in society.

As I remember buddah was a prince who sold all his wonderful stuff, and traveled around living off of rice and water, and gave money to others(so it can be assumed he was very skinny sweatdrop ), but he is often depicted as fat because he is full of enlightenment. But don't quote me on that or any thing, I'm not buddhist and I haven't read much on buddhism in a while. sweatdrop
Anatolia
Ghandi was a psycho assasine hired by England to break India in half. He was a double-agent.

Buddha is in no position to teach about self-control; he is a man who most weighed more than a truck. He beat his wives, and slaughtered doves with his long, long finger nails.

You are all band freaks who steal money from your parents' wallets and have been addicted to alcohol since the age of nine. You therefore, will most likely end up in jail by the age of thirty.

Obvious lies. However, all such slanderous speech is allowed, in the 'real world'. Politics, especially when two people are running up againt each other. Sure, you can sue the opposition for Slander, but what does that do? You gain money, but in the long run, you most likely have lost the elections and have taken to living at home, alone, with empty pizza boxes stacked all over the place.

Should slander be allowed in political situations? Should it be allowed at all? Is making your slanderer pay a significant amount of money good enough to make you feel better; I mean, is money a good substitute for your once-tolerable reputation?

What is stopping me from making things up about any body here? I do not believe that 'maturity' would be significant, given the fact that most slanderers have nothing to lose, except certain lines that dictate common decency?

Word travels fast, yes, and it seems that there is no stopping it.

How about some slandering, yo.

Whether slander is allowed in political situations or not, its going to be done. And whether the slanderer is removed from their station, the damage is still done, isn't it?

Thankyou for making me actually think about something for once, even though my answer is s**t.
Quote:

Now, this one I can believe... eek domokun

I really can't imagine politics without slander... honestly, what would remain? Besides all of the progress that we'd make...
The Great Lina Inverse
jou-chan
The Great Lina Inverse
Puerilass

Really? Guess I shouldn't have slept in my World Religions class. sweatdrop

Wonders how anyone could've slept through World Religions... I think that had to be one of the most interesting classes I've had... (not to mention that I, one who normally sleeps through everything, had it at eight in the morning and managed to stay awake...)
Anatolia
This is not a thread discussing Buddha, Ghandi, or England. Read the entire first post, children

oops *is partly responsible, I think* sorry sweatdrop .

As for the main topic, I think slander is wrong no matter where it is, but is so much worse when used in politics.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff