Welcome to Gaia! ::

nitznitz
Roih Uvet
nitznitz
Roih Uvet
Having a child is a reproductive choice

This is where your problem is. Having a child is not a choice, it's a side effect of having sex. You do not decide whether or not you have a baby, you can try to prevent the baby from being created and hope for the best.
What is abortion? What are contraceptives/condoms?

1. Abortion takes time, special permission and cannot be done past a certain week into the pregnancy, in places it's even allowed. Contraceptives sometimes fail. Not having a child is a choice. Having a child, for a sexually active woman below the age of 50, is not a choice, but an incidence that can either be accepted or thrown into a huge bureaucracy race to reverse.
Abortion is legal in the USA. If that's not the case in your country, I'm sorry.

Fashionable Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Sounds about right.

Familiar Raccoon

12,200 Points
  • Super Fan 250
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
Roih Uvet
The baby boomers created a massive wealth redistribution system to themselves in the form of Social Security and Medicare that you and I may never reap the benefits of. They shipped all of our manufacturing jobs away for money and then didn't let the general population benefit from it -- instead, hoarded all of the ******** money. They ruined the institution of marriage in a toxic feminist social experiment on a national scale that redistributes wealth from men to women while infusing these same extremely entitled women with the bizarre notion that they are somehow oppressed. They did all of the drugs in the 1960s, and then waged a war on drugs against their own children. They regulated small businesses into oblivion while deregulating major corporations and then told us that it would "trickle down," which it did not. They disenfranchised the general population with brazen gerrymandering, and conflated class issues with race issues to the detriment of the national economy and of national identity. They sold their homes to the banks in the form of "reverse mortgages," preemptively robbing us of any hope of inheritance, all so they could live out their last few decades in luxury while the country they were tasked with administrating burns before them.
Seriously, ******** the baby boomers. They made their nursing home bed, and now they can lie in it.

There's probably some over-generalization in there, but amen to the overall message.
Roih Uvet
The baby boomers created a massive wealth redistribution system to themselves in the form of Social Security and Medicare that you and I may never reap the benefits of. They shipped all of our manufacturing jobs away for money and then didn't let the general population benefit from it -- instead, hoarded all of the ******** money. They ruined the institution of marriage in a toxic feminist social experiment on a national scale that redistributes wealth from men to women while infusing these same extremely entitled women with the bizarre notion that they are somehow oppressed. They did all of the drugs in the 1960s, and then waged a war on drugs against their own children. They regulated small businesses into oblivion while deregulating major corporations and then told us that it would "trickle down," which it did not. They disenfranchised the general population with brazen gerrymandering, and conflated class issues with race issues to the detriment of the national economy and of national identity. They sold their homes to the banks in the form of "reverse mortgages," preemptively robbing us of any hope of inheritance, all so they could live out their last few decades in luxury while the country they were tasked with administrating burns before them.
Seriously, ******** the baby boomers. They made their nursing home bed, and now they can lie in it.

Thank God someone in our generation is bringing this up. This post cannot be tipped enough. Now I know at least I'm not alone in realizing just how ******** our generation is if we do absolutely nothing to cut these government programs.

I've made threads about the huge problem with these programs (in addition to Medicaid) and no one in our young generation seems to give a s**t even though it's a giant problem.

If you look at the future costs of Medicare and medicaid and the current growth rates they are beyond insane. Social Security is growing too, but it's not as bad as the other two programs.

Here's a video that does a decent video of summing up the problems with these programs.

What's worse too with these programs (Social Security and Medicare) is that none of the two big political parties are in favor of cutting them. Both parties want to maintain these programs as they are even though they are inevitably going to completely screw our generation over.

I agree with the title of your thread exactly and have said it many times myself. ******** the baby boomers, let's cut Social Security and Medicare. This is a zero sum game, either we can keep these programs in tact and our generation will be taxed to poverty, or we can cut them and say "Swim on your own assholes".

The baby boomers ******** over our generation with their greed causing the housing crash, they have also done nothing about the huge student loan crisis. So ******** em, why should we pay for their s**t when they have done very little to help us.

It's time for them to live by their own words "Stop asking for handouts".
Roih Uvet
GSK Lives
Roih Uvet
I don't object to you not being fine with that arrangement. What I object to is the reality that feminists have not lost their sense of entitlement on the matter. They feel they deserve the rewards of such an arrangement, without the obligation to take the D and produce babbies.

It's why I ain't a feminist, sunshine. I've said...I'VE ALWAYS SAID...that we'd have to cope with the slings and arrows of autonomy if we got it, and if we p***y out, we'll lose this whole damn thing. We'll have given them a reason to take it back. We'll never ******** hear the end of it.

Quote:
The institution of marriage isn't destroyed because women can opt-out. It's destroyed and toxic because feminists feel entitled to its benefits in spite of opting out.

But even in spite of that, I aint' going back, see? I ain't snugglin up to the traditionalists, see?
I'm not a traditionalist, though. It's just a fact that feminists have made marriage, an institution with flaws that could in many cases be mutually beneficial, into a gynocentric, only-women-matter institution and that the one-sidedness is toxic.

If anything, my political views are technocratic, not traditionalist.

Lmao what the hell that's exactly how I would describe myself too.

Now I'm not surprised that you're one of the few people who realize just how bad Social Security and Medicare is going to be for our generation in the future.
Roih Uvet
Having a child is a reproductive choice, one that only women have,

Roih Uvet
What is abortion? What are contraceptives/condoms?

eating your own words much?
Funny statement considering this happened during republican control

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
SirPuzzle
Roih Uvet

Thank God someone in our generation is bringing this up. This post cannot be tipped enough. Now I know at least I'm not alone in realizing just how ******** our generation is if we do absolutely nothing to cut these government programs.

I've made threads about the huge problem with these programs (in addition to Medicaid) and no one in our young generation seems to give a s**t even though it's a giant problem.

If you look at the future costs of Medicare and medicaid and the current growth rates they are beyond insane. Social Security is growing too, but it's not as bad as the other two programs.

Here's a video that does a decent video of summing up the problems with these programs.

What's worse too with these programs (Social Security and Medicare) is that none of the two big political parties are in favor of cutting them. Both parties want to maintain these programs as they are even though they are inevitably going to completely screw our generation over.

I agree with the title of your thread exactly and have said it many times myself. ******** the baby boomers, let's cut Social Security and Medicare. This is a zero sum game, either we can keep these programs in tact and our generation will be taxed to poverty, or we can cut them and say "Swim on your own assholes".

The baby boomers ******** over our generation with their greed causing the housing crash, they have also done nothing about the huge student loan crisis. So ******** em, why should we pay for their s**t when they have done very little to help us.

It's time for them to live by their own words "Stop asking for handouts".

What's with the false dichotomy? Surely there are actions we can take that won't leave an entire generation of our countrymen to "swim on their own." What's the purpose of a society if not to help each other out?

Aged Gaian

The only thing I blame on the Baby Boomers is instilling this notion entitlement to your generation. You were guaranteed nothing in life besides your death, so bitching about the way our predecessors shaped society is pointless. If you don't like it, it's in your power to change it.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Callidora
The only thing I blame on the Baby Boomers is instilling this notion entitlement to your generation. You were guaranteed nothing in life besides your death, so bitching about the way our predecessors shaped society is pointless. If you don't like it, it's in your power to change it.

The idea of unalienable rights has given Americans entitlement to various things for a lot longer than that. The steady progress of civil rights since then has only increased its effects.

At some point we woke up and realized we deserved decency, and that's a hard thing to forget.

dilweedz's Partner

3,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Callidora

From the Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

Quote:
Article 23.

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
(2) Everyone, without any discrimination, has the right to equal pay for equal work.
(3) Everyone who works has the right to just and favourable remuneration ensuring for himself and his family an existence worthy of human dignity, and supplemented, if necessary, by other means of social protection.
(4) Everyone has the right to form and to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.

Article 24.

Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 26.

(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.

These are considered the absolute basics of treating each other like human beings instead of pond scum. Based on this it is not an undeserved entitlement to desire an education or healthcare without choosing lifelong financial servitude (debt) to get it.

As for the notion that it's "in our power to change it", not so much. The positions of government power are still largely held by Boomers. They continually write policies that are favorable to them at the expense of the younger generation. The retirement age has been pushed back several times so Boomers can work for longer. I watched an interesting documentary that pointed out that we've entered a unique era in human history that has likely never occurred before where children are competing with their Boomer parents for the same jobs because of this. Unfortunately this is almost a guaranteed loss for us younger people because when it comes to hiring someone with 30 or 40 years of experience (the Boomer) vs hiring someone with little to no experience (fresh from school 20something)...guess who wins? The Boomer gets picked again and again and again and again while we walk away with no job.

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Callidora

Ah, a Gen Xer. Spent the 90s rejecting everything the boomers stand for, only to turn around and become boomers on steroids as soon as the odometer rolls over. At least millenials are staying upset about this s**t sandwich they're being fed, instead of becoming the generation that hated sellouts so much they all sold out.

Aged Gaian

Procurements
Callidora

Ah, a Gen Xer. Spent the 90s rejecting everything the boomers stand for, only to turn around and become boomers on steroids as soon as the odometer rolls over. At least millenials are staying upset about this s**t sandwich they're being fed, instead of becoming the generation that hated sellouts so much they all sold out.

... exactly how old do you think I am?

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Callidora
Procurements
Callidora

If you're using terms like "your generation," then you're likely in your 30s.

Aged Gaian

Procurements
Callidora
Procurements
Callidora

If you're using terms like "your generation," then you're likely in your 30s.

Sorry, that was supposed to say "our". I can assure you I am a Millenial, I just have different views on on some of the key points. Mainly, I don't feel like we're "being fed a s**t sandwich". I've seen enough of the world to know that most people in North America have an incredible life, like myself. Even being a lower middle class woman in Canada is better than most of the world has it. It's all a matter of perspective.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff