Welcome to Gaia! ::

Master Secret Asian Man

The same place it got all that stuff to handle the 47 million that make up the baby boom population? rofl

Um... in case you haven't noticed, the country is over $9 trillion in debt, and on top of that we just had the 3rd worst stock market decline in our history today.
Master Secret Asian Man
Lithia Ariadne
Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man
Quote:
And you still haven't answered the question. What do you propose happens to the 5 million children who would need state care (aka Foster Care)?

Raise them. mrgreen
User Image

Who will raise them?

The mothers and fathers! mrgreen

What mothers and fathers? You didn't pay much attention to the scenario did you? Those 5 million children are UNWANTED children placed into an already overcrowded and flawed adoption system. now, where is the government going to get the money to support them, along with the hundreds of thousands thrown into it in each ensuing year?

The same place it got all that stuff to handle the 47 million that make up the baby boom population? rofl

Wrong considering they paid their taxes for their social security benefits, which, by the way, they're lucky if they can live off of that.
mooket
Master Secret Asian Man

Um... in case you haven't noticed, the country is over $9 trillion in debt, and on top of that we just had the 3rd worst stock market decline in our history today.

Invading Venezuela would help with this issue.
Master Secret Asian Man
Private Eleven Bravo
mooket
Master Secret Asian Man

Invading Venezuela would help with this issue.

Nah. We should go for Canada. They've had it too good for too long...

Venezuela is a rogue state with a considerable amount of oil. Nothing would be more delicious than Barack Obama going to war for oil, in order to bring us out of debt. If MechCain did it, it'd be a fair move but not as ironic. And Canada supplies us with most of our oil anyway. No need to kill your milking cows.
Master Secret Asian Man
Lithia Ariadne
Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man
Quote:
And you still haven't answered the question. What do you propose happens to the 5 million children who would need state care (aka Foster Care)?

Raise them. mrgreen
User Image

Who will raise them?

The mothers and fathers! mrgreen

What mothers and fathers? You didn't pay much attention to the scenario did you? Those 5 million children are UNWANTED children placed into an already overcrowded and flawed adoption system. now, where is the government going to get the money to support them, along with the hundreds of thousands thrown into it in each ensuing year?

User Image Large families were wanted back then. People had multiple kids- my father has two brothers, my mom has three brothers. The parents kept their kids, and their parents paid for the kid's food, clothing, textbooks, college education, etc etc.

However, if all those kids are stuck into the government funded foster care system, where is that money going to come from? The government is kind of in a not so good place right now, if you haven't noticed. (Worst stock market day in the history of EVERNESS according to the news).

And I'm opening up this question to all the pro-lifers in this thread!

Master Secret Asian Man

Like I said. I'm sticking with that answer. 3nodding
User Image

You can't stick with "parents will pay" if you support adoption as your main choice for unwanted pregnancies/children!

Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man

User Image

You can't stick with "parents will pay" if you support adoption as your main choice for unwanted pregnancies/children!

Well, normally I would concede, but since this whole conversation I've been carrying is based on an appeal to consequence, logic has been thrown out the window. I can say what I please. biggrin
User Image It's not an appeal to consequence if we're not using it to support abortion. At most it can be considered slightly off-topic. It's an off-topic on topic side question!

Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man

User Image

Well, normally I would concede, but since this whole conversation I've been carrying is based on an appeal to consequence, logic has been thrown out the window. I can say what I please. biggrin
User Image It's not an appeal to consequence if we're not using it to support abortion. At most it can be considered slightly off-topic. It's an off-topic on topic side question!

Right. It's just a list of side-affects of banning abortion that's being used to persuade the Pro-Life movement to concede. Nothing to do with appealing to consequence. Seriously, did you believe you were gonna get away with that horseshit? biggrin
Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man
Moonlight Silver
Master Secret Asian Man

User Image

Right. It's just a list of side-affects of banning abortion that's being used to persuade the Pro-Life movement to concede. Nothing to do with appealing to consequence. Seriously, did you believe you were gonna get away with that horseshit? biggrin
User Image

Okay, I'm talking about me personally now. Personally, although I think the fact that adoption rates are very low means we shouldn't force more kids into the adoption system, I'm not going to use that as a serious argument for abortion. Because, you know, you could just use it to argue for killing infants right after their born. Pro-lifers don't see the difference between a fetus and an infant, so if it came down to it they'd probably say "GIVE IT A CHANCE TO LIVE, you might change your mind!... before you kill it." sweatdrop

But anyways. I am 100% honestly curious. I'm not going to use it as a point against the pro-life. Actually, ALL people should be worried about how to fix the adoption system; it's really ******** up it seems. But it would make sense that pro-lifers would be more concerned- if they can fix the system and prove that people want to adopt kids, it would ruin the point for the pro-choicers!

I just want to know how they think it could be done. Same as asking how they think we could prevent abortions in other ways such as contraceptives and education.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff