Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake
WitheringRoseOfDecay
Alex Finale

Oh you miss understood me. I ment If the baby's already aborted we should just go ahead and say off with the mother too. Its only fair. Population control needs to be in effect.

there are no babies involved in abortions. it's not the woman who is performing the abortion, now is it? shouldn't you be saying that the one who performed it should be killed? see how stupid and insane your beliefs are?

Lol you show your stupidity. You're assuming she's pro-life and wants the fetus saved. It sounds more like she doesn't want safe abortions since more deaths is good.

Lol your right! What is your view about abortion?

Oh I'm pro-life. Don't care if the women do something to hurt themselves, or at least don't care to legislate to prevent it, since they can prevent it themselves. They need no protection from it, they're perfectly capable of it.

I guess I could say I'm pro-life but only when It comes to human pregnancy.
I look at having been pregnant as a gift. Not once did I give myself a reason to abort my son.

You =/= everyone. I see pregnancy as a curse. If I could have had my uterus and ovaries removed when I was fourteen I would have gladly done so. Twenty-two years later I STILL want them gone.
Alex Finale
If I was force? You mean like held down and given an abortion? I would kill myself! Besides thats not the same as choosing to abort.

You missed the point dearie. You would want to kill yourself if you were FORCED to abort. A woman who is FORCED carry to term could feel the same way. Hell, I have a friend who had an undiagnosed mental illness and she snapped after being coerced to remain pregnant despite having told her husband she was childfree long before they got married and him assuring her he was fine with that.

Alex Finale
I'm sure you would understand my anger if I explained myself. I have a real problem with any woman who think that abortion is birth control. Abortion is not health care. There are some really bad risks you take if you abort.

There are some really bad risks with pregnancy. Why should a woman be FORCED to go through them?

Alex Finale
The worst one! The baby survives abortion. In some cases it does happen, but I don't think as much anymore.

Prove the above.

Alex Finale" ]You can't kill it once its
boh6ccah:3="Alex Finale" ]You can't kill it once its born.

No s**t Sherlock. That's why women seek to terminate while it is still a non-thinking, non-feeling entity.
YourBreakingJoker
1 out of every 67 deaths in the WORLD is an American abortion
1 out of every 4 deaths in America is an American Abortion
Half of the deaths in the world are from abortions
Abortion is the leading cause of death in the world. It kills as many people as ALL of the other causes of death combined
We have lost more Americans through abortions (64 times more) than we did in all of our wars (12 wars) combined
The world kills more people through abortion than all of the deaths in the America combined (22 times as many)
The D-Day invasion of France (WWII) was the bloodiest in history. There were 53, 714 allied soldiers killed in the "Battle of Normandy." Yet, our world kills more people than that in just 9 hours through abortions
America has lost 589 soldiers in its first year of fighting in the Iraq War. The world, however, kills more people than that in just 6 minutes through abortions

I've noticed that a lot of people are practically doing backflips everytime they hear a human soldier die in Iraq, but looking at these statistics, that is dwindled in comparison. WHY aren't we OUTRAGED by this ATROCITY? WHY? That is MY question, I am simply AMAZED that people find this acceptable, and it is simply a shame on us all, for allowing such a tragedy to occur.

You've got proof for all the bold, right, and a non-propaganda site, yes?

No honey, the tragedy would be turning women into walking incubators simply because they have a uterus and MIGHT get pregnant.
YourBreakingJoker
TOP TEN REASONS WHY ABORTION IS EVIL!

1. Abortion Offends God
Abortion is never a mere personal choice but a grave offense against God and His creation. The anti-abortion struggle has always been a religious battle and foremost in its ranks have been Catholics across the country. This is because Church teaching on abortion is clear and unequivocal: Abortion is murder. There are no exceptions allowed, no compromises possible.

My god has no problem with it. Sorry toots, not everyone follows the Christian religion.

YourBreakingJoker
2. The Unnoticed War
The continuing war on terror has lead to a renewed national consciousness of the high price of war, and, for many, a heightened desire for peace. Yet, despite all this concern, the most horrible war of all has gone all but unnoticed. This is a war going on within our own borders, and it has claimed 42 million American lives in the last 31 years.

No, it stopped unwanted fetuses, there were no 'lives' lost. Sorry but your propaganda isn't going to fly in here.

YourBreakingJoker
This scourge is as horrible as anything terrorists can fathom, because it strikes at the very core of humanity and our country: the family. By destroying the most basic human bond of all—that between mother and child—abortion dissolves the precious glue that binds our nation together.

Riight, because EVERYONE with a uterus wants to be a mother. Oh, wait, no they don't. There is no bond between a woman and a fetus, other than the physical one since it's leeching off her.

YourBreakingJoker
3. Life starts at the moment of conception
This is the definition given in any respectable medical textbook. To declare a beginning of life at any point after the fusing of a wife’s egg and a husband’s contribution is irrational and an exercise in sophistical chicanery. Only machines such as clocks and cars come into existence part by part. Living beings come into existence all at once and gradually unfold their world of innate potential. A living human begins to exist at the moment of conception, even though only as a cell. What is important is not the accident of size or weight but the essence – which is fully human. The unborn baby has a distinct, unchanging and unrepeatable genetic code, unique in all of history, from the moment of conception till death. Nothing is added except nutrition and oxygen.

You can tell the bold comes from a Christian propaganda site.

There are no babies in abortions, only fetuses.

YourBreakingJoker
4. Mankind must protect life whenever possible
The first and foremost instinct of humans is preservation of life. This begins with self-preservation, and extends to all humanity through domestic bonds and realization of a like nature. "Pregnancy termination" stops the beating heart of a growing human being and is in direct contradiction to this most basic premise of human nature. It forsakes natural law, and has left America as a country unable to repopulate itself without the aid of mass immigration.

First, prove the bold. Second, we kill animals every day, they have beating hearts too, so does that mean you're a vegan?

YourBreakingJoker
5. Abortion is an unsafe procedure
Compared with other medical procedures, the abortion industry is largely unregulated. Although there are no exact statistics for the number of women who die from botched procedures, LifeDynamics.com compiled a list of 347 women killed by legal abortions since 1973.2 Furthermore, according to the National Cancer Institute, an induced abortion raises a woman's chance of getting cancer before age 45, by 50%. If the abortion is performed after age 30, it increases 110%; if before age 18, it goes up 150%.

Honey, that's propaganda. Try some real figures.
Quote:

Deaths from abortion declined dramatically during the past two decades.

* In 1965, when abortion was still illegal nationwide except in cases of life endangerment, at least 193 women died from illegal abortions, and illegal abortion accounted for nearly 17 percent of all deaths due to pregnancy and childbirth in that year (Gold, 1999; NCHS, 1967).

* In 1973, the risk of dying from an abortion was 3.4 deaths per 100,000 legal abortions. This rate fell to 1.3 by 1977 (Gold, 1990). Today, the risk of death associated with abortion increases with the length of pregnancy, from one death for every one million vacuum aspiration abortions at eight or fewer weeks to 8.9 deaths after 20 weeks’ gestation (Boonstra et al., 2006). The risk of death from medication abortion through 63 days’ gestation is about one per 100,000 procedures (Grimes, 2005). Comparatively, the risk of death from miscarriage is about one per 100,000 (Saraiya et al., 1999). And the risk of death associated with childbirth is about 10 times as high as that associated with all abortion (Christiansen & Collins, 2006). After 20 weeks’ gestation there is no statistically significant difference in maternal mortality rates between terminating a pregnancy by abortion and carrying it to term (Kochanek et al., 2004; Paul et al., 1999).
Link

Pay special attention to the bold sweets.

YourBreakingJoker
The Coalition on Abortion/Breast Cancer reports: "28 out of 37 worldwide studies have independently linked induced abortion with breast cancer. Thirteen out of fifteen studies conducted on American women report increased risk. Seventeen studies are statistically significant, sixteen of which found increased risk. Most of the studies have been conducted by abortion supporters."3

Again, more propaganda. Here, try some real information.

Quote:

n February 2003, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) convened a workshop of over 100 of the world’s leading experts who study pregnancy and breast cancer risk. Workshop participants reviewed existing population-based, clinical, and animal studies on the relationship between pregnancy and breast cancer risk, including studies of induced and spontaneous abortions. They concluded that having an abortion or miscarriage does not increase a woman’s subsequent risk of developing breast cancer. A summary of their findings, titled Summary Report: Early Reproductive Events and Breast Cancer Workshop, can be found at http://www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/ere-workshop-report .
Link

YourBreakingJoker
6. Embryonic stem-cell and human cloning research: a biogenetic Tower of Babel
In a cynical but logical progression, the culture of death is now bent on engendering human life so as to destroy it. Its new frontier is embryonic stem-cell and human cloning research. In the name of science and health, human life is destroyed at its very inception and "limited" cloning is used to produce usable cells that can be manipulated and harvested to aid the living. In short, the remaining ethical barriers that preserve human dignity and God's rights in Creation are steadily coming down. The biotech revolution has as its avowed goal not just curing disease but the construction of a "brave new world" of genetic engineering, changing the very makeup and design of man himself. We cannot permit the completion of this challenge to God, a new Tower of Babel, which will be like another Pandora's box, unleashing untold ethical and moral havoc on our nation.

Again, your religious doctrines don't pertain to me as I do not believe in them.

YourBreakingJoker
7. Breaking the abortion cycle
Abortion is evil because it created a horrific abortion cycle that perpetuates this sin. The abortion mentality destroys the family by making it more difficult for new Americans who survive beyond the womb to find the family welded together by the indissoluble bond of marriage solely between a man and a woman. Children need families that will nurture them, guard their innocence and develop their personalities. In particular, all children must find within their homes the Faith that enables them to know, love and serve God in this world and be happy with Him forever in the next. As long as the traditional family remains in crisis, we will never sever the power lines that supply the abortion mills. As long as the Faith remains dead in souls, we will never wipe out the moral rot of sexual immorality, which is the contaminated soil where the abortion movement grows and flourishes.

My family, which consists of my partner and I, is surviving just fine. Neither of us wants children, EVER. Again, your religious doctrines do not pertain to me. You can keep your religious propaganda the ******** away from my body and my uterus.

YourBreakingJoker
8. Roe v. Wade: 31 Years of Lies
The 31st anniversary of the Supreme Court’s infamous Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion-on-demand calls to mind the biggest pack of lies ever set in motion - lies that have cost the lives of more than 42 million innocent babies cruelly torn from their mothers' wombs. How can such slaughter, numerically on par with Hitler's Germany or Stalin’s Russia, be tolerated by the present United States of America, a republic purportedly based on moral values and human rights?

More like the lies compiled in a book that has been altered and had parts removed is the biggest pack of lies. There are no babies in abortions, only fetuses. The only mothers in abortions are women who already have at least one born child. Otherwise they're just pregnant women.

Morals are subjective. How can someone who claims to want rights for all want to remove those rights form women in order to control them and turn them into walking incubators?

YourBreakingJoker
9. Addressing an abortionist
Once you were an enchanting child, as all babies are. Today you are an abortionist, a killer of babies. Do you not regret your wicked deeds? Do you not see the innocent blood of our children that stains your hands and cries out to God? Have you no shame as did our first parents when they sinned against God? Why do you not turn to Him today, seek His forgiveness and His strength never again to murder the innocent? Would you not rather bring children into the world than destroy them? Children you could raise with respect for life to take the place of those you robbed from God?

Nope, I'm not an abortionist. I am a woman who takes every precaution to keep from conceiving but will go right out and remove the unwanted clump of cells form my body should my protection fail. Sorry, your god doesn't have any effect on me and mine is fine with it.

YourBreakingJoker
10. The dangerous slippery slope
Yesterday it was contraception. Today it's abortion, the murder of unborn children, and same-sex "marriage." Will it be euthanasia tomorrow? Then what...? Once abortion is universally accepted, what logical arguments will stop euthanasia and other forms of murder?

Yup, definitely Christian propaganda since it's against same sex marriages. Abortion isn't murder, its simply the removal of something that is unwanted. Again, no children in abortions, only fetuses.

YourBreakingJoker
Other helpful tidbits
- The unborn baby"s heart starts beating at 20 days4

Proof?

YourBreakingJoker
and the brain gives off brainwaves at 40 days

Again, proof?

YourBreakingJoker
- Babies can survive outside the womb at 21 weeks.

This is EXTREMELY rare.

YourBreakingJoker
- By 14 weeks, the entire body surface, except the back and top of the head, are sensitive to pain.

Again, proof? Mine says otherwise.

Quote:

With Roe v. Wade, the U.S. Supreme Court gave states the right to legislate abortion restrictions during a woman's second trimester. Many states enacted laws that make it more difficult to terminate a pregnancy. Among them, Arkansas, Minnesota, and Georgia require physicians to tell women that 20-week-old fetuses can feel pain during the procedure unless they are anesthetized. A newly released review of the scientific evidence, however, suggests the premise of those laws is wrong.

Fetuses cannot feel pain until at least the 28th week of gestation because they haven't formed the necessary nerve pathways, says Mark Rosen, an obstetrical anesthesiologist at the University of California at San Francisco. He and his colleagues determined that until the third trimester, "the wiring at the point where you feel pain, such as the skin, doesn't reach the emotional part where you feel pain, in the brain." Although fetuses start forming pain receptors eight weeks into development, the thalamus, the part of the brain that routes information to other areas, doesn't form for 20 more weeks. Without the thalamus, Rosen says, no information can reach the cortex for processing.
Link

Also here:
Quote:

According to Mark Rosen, an obstetrical anesthesiologist at UCSF, explains that fetuses are not able to feel pain until at least the 28th week of gestation. This is because they have not formed the necessary nerve pathways that send pain signals to the brain. Even though fetuses begin forming pain receptors around the eighth week of development, the thalamus (responsible for relaying info into higher regions of the brain) does not develop until around the 28th week. Without signal transfer through the thalamus no information can reach the cortex for processing. Even though the information does not reach the cortex this does not mean that the fetus will not “respond” to pain. If stimulated with a needle the fetus will react, however that is a reflex that is mediated by the spinal cord and is not a conscious reaction. This effect is comparative to stimulating the limb of a paraplegic: reflexes will be observed however no pain will be felt since the connections to higher brain centers have been severed.
Link
Private Eleven Bravo
Lithia Ariadne
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake

Lol you show your stupidity. You're assuming she's pro-life and wants the fetus saved. It sounds more like she doesn't want safe abortions since more deaths is good.

Oh I'm pro-life. Don't care if the women do something to hurt themselves, or at least don't care to legislate to prevent it, since they can prevent it themselves. They need no protection from it, they're perfectly capable of it.

I look at having been pregnant as a gift. Not once did I give myself a reason to abort my son.

You =/= everyone. I see pregnancy as a curse. If I could have had my uterus and ovaries removed when I was fourteen I would have gladly done so. Twenty-two years later I STILL want them gone.

Then what're you waitin' for?

Gee, could it be that no doctor will perform a hysterectomy on a healthy woman? Nah, couldn't be that. Hell I'd settle for tubal ligation and I'm fighting just for that because "Oh, you're only thirty-six, you MIGHT change your mind and we're going to ignore that you've felt this way for more than twenty years".
Does anyone else wonder whether the abortion stats are for elective abortions only, or if they include all the other abortions too (i.e. danger to the woman, foetus is already dead, etc.)?
Fran Salaska
Does anyone else wonder whether the abortion stats are for elective abortions only, or if they include all the other abortions too (i.e. danger to the woman, foetus is already dead, etc.)?

I believe with the guttmacher institute, It'll say the percentages of each.
Quote:
Nope, because I am right in the first place.

I hereby say that you were wrong, and that everything you say after this statement is invalid and doesn't stand up to my opinion. You lose. mrgreen

Quote:
That's the problem...I have been! crying

crying
Actually, my often than not, Gaians react violently to idiocy... eek
Private Eleven Bravo
Lithia Ariadne
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake

If you're a bit squeamish, try oocyte removal.
User Image

User Image
Macai
Lithia Ariadne
Private Eleven Bravo
Lithia Ariadne
Alex Finale
Dark Lord Drake

Gee, could it be that no doctor will perform a hysterectomy on a healthy woman? Nah, couldn't be that. Hell I'd settle for tubal ligation and I'm fighting just for that because "Oh, you're only thirty-six, you MIGHT change your mind and we're going to ignore that you've felt this way for more than twenty years".
So much for bodily integrity, eh? Seems that this concept only has a few de facto applications in law.

Considering the fact you don't even understand the concept, despite having it explained in detail, I don't expect you to comprehend what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. Bodily integrity covers someone using your own body against your will. The fact that doctors seem to have this mentality that ALL women want to be mothers some day has nothing to do with bodily integrity as they're not using the woman's body against her will.
Quote:
Nope. I'm right. It's just part of my nature, sorry.

Nope, you're wrong. It's just part of my declaration, sorry.

Quote:
1. I consider that to be stupid in its own right.

I appreciate the compliment.

Quote:
2. Gaians are reacting violently only to idiocy that happens not to agree with their own idiocy crying

Way to give credit to every Gaian that actually has a clue as to what they're talking about. stare
Lithia Ariadne

Considering the fact you don't even understand the concept, despite having it explained in detail, I don't expect you to comprehend what I am about to say, but I'm going to say it anyway. Bodily integrity covers someone using your own body against your will. The fact that doctors seem to have this mentality that ALL women want to be mothers some day has nothing to do with bodily integrity as they're not using the woman's body against her will.

But refusing medical treatment is a violation of what a woman wants for her body. Isn't that the same thing? confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff