Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beatrix the catgirl
sachiko_sohma
There are programs that can help unwed mothers and couples with finnace problem
I fully support places like those, but sadly some women do not know about them and they are not located everywhere.

Yes sadly some don't know about it so that's why we should tell them about all the options before they decided, maybe if they knew less people would abort.
Mistress DragonFlame
RebelliousSong
Perhaps one could say that i am pro life personal.. however i am 14, and i have no idea what situations will arise in my life... so i guess i am just pro choice. I want to make a note that noone ins Anti-Life. No person who supports abortion rights does so beacuse they hate life or oppose life in some way.

Suprisingly, there are some people who wish EVERY pregancy EVER ends in abortion. That is anti-life.

Sounds like an angsty teen stance.

Or maybe the view of somebody who is convinced that the human race is going to be the death of the earth (which it probably will be) and that the human race therefore deserves to die before it can destroy the planet.

Nah, probably the former.
sachiko_sohma
Beatrix the catgirl
sachiko_sohma
I fully support places like those, but sadly some women do not know about them and they are not located everywhere.

Yes sadly some don't know about it so that's why we should tell them about all the options before they decided, maybe if they knew less people would abort.
Quite possibly. There needs to be a huge change in how people are educated, such as no more abstinence only education. There should be proper education on contraceptions and such.

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
Beatrix the catgirl
Quite possibly. There needs to be a huge change in how people are educated, such as no more abstinence only education. There should be proper education on contraceptions and such.

I swear, is my County one of the few that actually educates you on nearly every option of birth control, from abstinence, to abortion? And, they tell you where to get this stuff for free (all manner of sex-related things, from STD checks to condoms) and is ironically placed right next to the WIC (Unwed/poor mother's support thing)?
I am pro-choice in all circumstances, until the offspring is able to survive on its own outside the mother's body.

I am somewhat of a regular in abortion threads, and post either under this username or under my main mule (MoonflowerGoddess). I really only contribute to the thread if I feel there is something I should add. I am angered most by people who claim to care about the fetus' life, yet really only care about punishing the woman who had sex or hold grudges against those of us who are childfree and sexually-active.

I believe that pregnancy should be something a woman wants, not something that is forced upon her.

I am childfree.
Mistress DragonFlame
Beatrix the catgirl

I swear, is my County one of the few that actually educates you on nearly every option of birth control, from abstinence, to abortion? And, they tell you where to get this stuff for free (all manner of sex-related things, from STD checks to condoms) and is ironically placed right next to the WIC (Unwed/poor mother's support thing)?
I suppose so. And I wish WIC was more well known. It's a wonderful place. After I had Rachel, I went and signed up, and I get free food out of it.
Beatrix the catgirl
sachiko_sohma
Beatrix the catgirl
sachiko_sohma

Yes, they can encourage abstinence in still but since we all know not everybody is going to follow it, they should teach about the different types of birth control and and how to use a condom properly. Most cases that protection fails is cause they didn't use it probly or used other medications with birth control without asking the doctor if it can effect it in anyway.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
I wander away for a few hours and look what happens.
::sighs::

Oh well, here we go again.

It is my opinion that abortion should be available for the asking to any woman who seeks one, no reason needed, no explanation required, no questions asked, no judgment passed. It is the right of every woman to decide whether or not to continue a pregnancy, regardless of how she became pregnant. Consentual sex, rape, failed protection, no protection at all, whatever. Everyone makes bad decisions, and a child should never be used as a punishment. Nobody who is not totally committed to caring and nurturing a child should ever be made to bear one.
Beatrix the catgirl
Mistress DragonFlame
Beatrix the catgirl

I suppose so. And I wish WIC was more well known. It's a wonderful place. After I had Rachel, I went and signed up, and I get free food out of it.

I know they give stuff like milk and diapers and some food.

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Time to reestablish myself.

*ahem*

I am pro-choice on a great many things--euthanasia, suicide, sexual activity, ect. For the purposes of this debate, I am pro-choice with regards to abortion. No exceptions, no time period, no questions. My reasoning varied, but it essentially boils down to the fact that a fetus is not a human person, since a human person must be a born human creature by law and a fetus, by definition, is not a born human creature. I do belive that a human has a soul, but not at the time of abortion unless one is granted to it. Abortion is not a new procedure, and it didn't spring up in 1973. It has been historically recorded in society time and time again and has not stopped with lawws. Outlawing abortion will not stop women from getting abortions or cause them to birth and care for their offspring. It will only make it unsafe and kill women in the process (as evidenced by countries that have outlawed abortion, such as Belize and Ireland).

Expansion on this "first post" will continue as I post along and (possibly) refute arguements I feel are based on emotion. I come from a medical standpoint mostly, as self taught through a mixture of medical classes in high school and self study, and I don't jive to emotional language.
Pro-choice. I don't care what people do and I don't want to make what people do in their personal lives my business. I also don't care to tell people what to do, nor do I want them to tell me what to do.

I myself never want a kid brought forth from my loins merely because of the fact I am selfish and I hate how people get over a fetus, despite the fact it possibly is wanted.
sachiko_sohma
RebelliousSong
Mistress DragonFlame

Suprisingly, there are some people who wish EVERY pregancy EVER ends in abortion. That is anti-life.

Never met one, never want to

it's a good thing there aren't too many of these

Yes I be scared if someone forces me to kill my unborn child.

Just as scary as someone forcing me to bear a child.

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
sachiko_sohma
Beatrix the catgirl
Mistress DragonFlame
Beatrix the catgirl

I know they give stuff like milk and diapers and some food.

A miniscule anmount of food and diapers is not enough compensation for compelled parenthood. I know that WIC exists. However, it only covers from pregnancy till age five. Last I checked, children need to be fed well after the age of five.
First, I'm pro-choice.
Second, I can't understand how someone against abortion can call themselves pro-life when the fact remains that by illegalizing abortions more women will die.
Mistress DragonFlame
Besides, if I was in that circum stance, I would wish to be aborted rather then forcing my mother to birth me, then leave me in a Racist Baby Store.

First, it's circumstance.

Second, as someone who was put in one of those "Racist Baby Stores" as you eloquently put it, I am offended by your perception that children who are not aborted would be better off dead anyway, when compared to being put up for adoption. Considering the fact that I, myself, am adopted.

I don't think you fully comprehend just how efficient adoption is. It's true, it has its faults, just like many other things. Children are passed up for the most illogical reasons; racism being one of them. But that does not mean that babies would be better off dead than in adoption agencies if they've already reached a point in the stage of pregnancy that they can survive out of the womb.

Edit: And before any assumptions are made by anyone? My position on abortion is moot. My focus is solely on this person's position on adoption, and nothing more. I'd rather not touch the abortion part of this issue with a ten-foot pole, and thus this will be my only post in this thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff