Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mistress DragonFlame
Moniquill
Mistress DragonFlame
Articlion
Yes sex is a wonderful beautiful thing that God has given us. However, do any of these animals go out and abort thier babies?

The common house cat will intentionally lay on and and smother the weakest of their litter if there is too many for the given inverment.

Mine outright ATE one of her kittens. We found pieces of it, with her happily nursing the others. Vet told it that it was probably deformed or otherwise defective and thus she killed and ate it for the sake of keeping a clean nest.

o____________O

Oh god. That's so morbid. And yet, oddly I'm laughing.

Quote:
Granted I've seen in my day, some animals do such things, but this is for their own survival, because their baby was making to much noice in a nest and it would blow their cover. Animals act on instinct, so in that sense, its natural. I've never heard of this marsuipial case. I can't testify against it, can you show me some facts. This sounds like hear say.

Oh? And who says humans don't have instincts? We can't act on them? Why not?

We do have instinct. However, we are also cival people. And have more emotions then animals do. Animals do not love, they show signs of what many people often interrpret as love, however, this is not love, but nurture. There is a difference. I think its obvious enough that I don't have to explain it otherwise.
Articlion
Mistress DragonFlame
Moniquill
Mistress DragonFlame
Articlion
Yes sex is a wonderful beautiful thing that God has given us. However, do any of these animals go out and abort thier babies?

The common house cat will intentionally lay on and and smother the weakest of their litter if there is too many for the given inverment.

Mine outright ATE one of her kittens. We found pieces of it, with her happily nursing the others. Vet told it that it was probably deformed or otherwise defective and thus she killed and ate it for the sake of keeping a clean nest.

o____________O

Oh god. That's so morbid. And yet, oddly I'm laughing.

Quote:
Granted I've seen in my day, some animals do such things, but this is for their own survival, because their baby was making to much noice in a nest and it would blow their cover. Animals act on instinct, so in that sense, its natural. I've never heard of this marsuipial case. I can't testify against it, can you show me some facts. This sounds like hear say.

Oh? And who says humans don't have instincts? We can't act on them? Why not?

We do have instinct. However, we are also cival people. And have more emotions then animals do. Animals do not love, they show signs of what many people often interrpret as love, however, this is not love, but nurture. There is a difference. I think its obvious enough that I don't have to explain it otherwise.

That's not true. animals do have emotions. Mother care for their young, even fought to make sure nothing happened to them. An mother elephant crys over the lost of her child.

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200
Articlion
Your so into justifing murder, that you could careless about it loving this indavidual.

I am not justifying murder. Murder, in itself, is injust, and thus cannot be justified (Other wise it's not murder. See abortion.)

And your right. I don't give a s**t about what happens to anyone I am not personally connected too. That's why I'm pro-choice; so everyone can choose what's right for them.

Edit: I'm going to bed. It's 2AM, I was up at 9, and I've herd 'Wake me up When September Ends' WAY too many times. (I swear, [the radio] play it 15 times a day! I never noticed until I listened to it 500 times on repeat)

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

However, as you can see, the world does not. Because even the weakest survive, look at all the fat people. Clearly void of being able to hunt any prey. Sluggish in nature, and mindlessly self indulgent, if they where in the wild, they would be hunted down with shear predjudice.

1. That's some world-class bigotry there
2. We ARE in the wild. Humans are not in captivity. We're just very good at forming social groups.

Articlion
This however, is not how humans behave. Because we protect our species very well, because we have the ability to love.

Proving only that these abilities define 'fitness'. Anythign that promotes survival is fitness according to the process of evolution.

Articlion
Which it seems many of you lack this.

More Ad Hom!

Articlion
Because you cant even muster up enough love for a baby.

See also: Beatrix the Catgirl, our resident pro-choice mommy who loves her new daughter very very much. See also: The rest of us, who love our families, our friends, etc.

Articlion
Your so into justifing murder, that you could careless about it loving this indavidual.

Care to get back to me on those bible quotes and how context would help?
Articlion
Because we protect our species very well, because we have the ability to love. Which it seems many of you lack this. Because you cant even muster up enough love for a baby. Your so into justifing murder, that you could careless about it loving this indavidual.

I love my neice. I love children I know, I love adults I know, I love animals I know. I'm hardly incapable of the emotion.

However, when debating a legal matter or rights, I don't let emotion rule me. Logic is far more useful.

Justifying murder is not my intent. I consider murder a crime and realize that I would be legally in the wrong if I were to murder someone. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't do it if I had a very good reason for it.

What your sense of morals or rightness makes of that is quite beside the point.

Moniquill
Gris
Moniquill, may I snag that image, please?

Go for it. I grabbed it from someone over at LJ. It's common enough in certain LJ comms that it's considered free access now, like clipart.

Thank you! *goes to snag*

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

Challenge to you, making an assertive claim:

Define love.
Now, prove that animals do not posess it and that humans do.
Moniquill
Articlion

Define love.

And techically, humans are animals.
Moniquill
Articlion

Define love.

Truth betold, I can't nessacarily define it, because it just is. If you can't love someone, well then, are you even human? You and I both know it exists. So why call me out on it? We already know it happens. As for the elephant, maybe, good for it, then that and humans can love. Not to say all animals are void of love. Honestly, I can't tell you all are. However, some, most, clearly are not.

Well, regardless, its 5am, i must rest, for another day awaits me. For I am blessed. Not to say its promised to me. However, I trust that day will be there for me when i wake up. This arguement will and wont ever be over, because you all for the most part are arrogant people that are clearly none compassionate people and very close minded. Though you claim to not be murders, you still however are killers. And you are okay with killing babies. Your a baby killer, and for what? Because your to lazy to get a decent job and support it? Because you are a whore and can't keep your legs closed? Because you make irresponsible decisions? Because your careless? This could fit some of you, not apply to any of you. In not calling anyone any of this. Its just, you have to ask your self why you are okay with killing babies, and question why you justify it. Because clearly it isn't murder, but you are still killing them.
User Image
Now although my aim for this picture is somewhat Homurous, my point is over population. That kid might not seem like a big deal(compared to what im talking about) but humans multiply like bunnehs and the higher the population the more resources we'll need, and there'll be a point when there isn't enough. Abortion (death for that matter) is the thing that creates the equilibrium. Okay im starting to lose my self after saying equilibrium.
Articlion
I can't use God to defend these babies, becuase I understand you don't believe in him, and for that you are damned.

Damned by you or by something a lot of us consider your imaginary friend. *pause* Not a problem.

Quote:
However, if you want to play that game, killing off babies before they are born still isn't strengthening the horde. Your doing it because you are selfish, not to make your species greater.

Wanting to make our species greater seems pretty selfish. There's no logical reason to do it, that I'm aware of, and so far as I can tell it all comes down to our own happiness. Selfishness.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with good dose of that. <3

And I can see how it *would* potentially strengthen the horde. Contributions now, from the woman, or shortly, from the girl, instead of in about two decades, from the fetus - if it survives.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

This isn't abortion.

Abortion refers to any termination of pregnancy other than birth. Technically, miscarriage can be defined as abortion.

Articlion
Marsuipials are of a different breeding structure. This fetus can be taken in and out over and over again and not have a problem.

No...... not even slightly true. A born marsupial can be removed from the pouch. A marsupial fetus removed from a marsupial uterus sure does die just like a placental mammal.

Articlion
And please don't compare humans to animals such as these. Because though we are animals we are better then them, because we have a soul, and can love.

Prove any of those claims using empiracle evidence.

Articlion
I can't use God to defend these babies, becuase I understand you don't believe in him, and for that you are damned.

Gee, thanks. I love you, too. rolleyes

Articlion
However, if you want to play that game, killing off babies before they are born still isn't strengthening the horde. Your doing it because you are selfish, not to make your species greater.

I assure you, my offspring would be a detriment to the species. I'm all kinds of genetically screwed up. More=/=better.

And for the record, you might want to read this:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas