Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eyeglasses and TVs aren't natural.

INTERNET isn't natural.

If you are opposed to the unnatural you should start by signing off Gaia an joinging the Quakers.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

Sure, death is natural, however poking a knife into the back of a babies head while its being born, isn't.

Says who?
What defines any human behavior as natural or unnatural? When did humans and any ideas and behaviors they have due to these ideas become removed from nature? If I abort with herbal decoctions, is that more natural than aborting with a suction canula? Is inserting a narrow, sharpened stick of slippery elm into my uterus more natural than inserting a coat hanger? How about throwing myself down a flight of stairs or starving myself in attempts to miscarry? Would that be more natural?

Nothing humans do is unnatural. We are products of the natural world.
Articlion
sachiko_sohma
Benighted
sachiko_sohma
Benighted
Articlion
I dont see how they GLorify anything but the spoild of victory. There is no rape involved. War is a commen thing in the bible. ITs a commen thing in every era of man. These people faught for the lord.

Oh, right, forgot that women are inferior to men and enjoyed being such, so you're absolutely correct.

I don't think he said that. I believe when he said era of man, he ment humanity as awhole.

I wasn't referencing that. The use of "man" as "humanity" never bothers me. I meant that in response to his insinuating that kidnapping 400 virgins as their trophies was not rape but simply "the spoils of victory," which is the same thing.

Ah o.k., I was abit confused by your post. Their both wrong, as a woman I am just as must human as he is, we're not trophies as like you said. Why do people think less of us because of gender? Yesterday some guy said woman were uneducated when it came to politics, yes some maybe but so is some men. Had nothing to do with gender.

Hrm, but so is some men. Well you seem less uneducated right there miss.

Excuse me? That is what I said if have read it? Point meaning-nothing to do with gender.
Benighted
Articlion
Note that these texts are skewed, you must read the complete passages for what they are worth. There ar ethings that led up to the events. They take things and give you mere fragments so that bible bashers can skew things. The media does it all the time to all kinds of people.

That is true; the Bible is often taken out of context. But then, why should your god be any different to different people in different contexts? I mean, besides the fact that the Bible is kind of like a really old version of Jekyll and Hyde. Rape is rape. Why do you think they wanted virgins?

(And with that I'm off to bed about four hours late. Later, chilluns. Even though I'm probably the youngest here.)

They wanted virgins because Virgins are pure, and they wanted to spread thier own children. Increase thier Geneology. They want to have their bloodline walk the earth. Not their enemies. They want to kill all the women and children because these people can continue onward and seek out revenge. Children remember things that happen to them, and will hold it against these people.
Articlion
Gris
Decapitated_Bunny
If it was a 5 month thing or less, sure I'd say for such a short time period to just have the damned baby and give it up to adoption; but sadly and painfully a pregnancy is actually a long 6 - 10 month thing. If one doesn't want to basically give up 3 quarters of their year changing their whole lifestyle for something she doesn't want, then she should be able to have an abortion.

I wouldn't care how long the pregnancy was, myself. I'd still want to terminate, 'cause I don't support adoption and am childfree.

If your so child free, why dont you rid your self of those organs? NOt have sex at all?

She may wish to have children in the future. Just because one doesn't want a child now doesn't mean they will never want to have one.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
sachiko_sohma
Articlion
sachiko_sohma
Benighted
sachiko_sohma

I don't think he said that. I believe when he said era of man, he ment humanity as awhole.

I wasn't referencing that. The use of "man" as "humanity" never bothers me. I meant that in response to his insinuating that kidnapping 400 virgins as their trophies was not rape but simply "the spoils of victory," which is the same thing.

Ah o.k., I was abit confused by your post. Their both wrong, as a woman I am just as must human as he is, we're not trophies as like you said. Why do people think less of us because of gender? Yesterday some guy said woman were uneducated when it came to politics, yes some maybe but so is some men. Had nothing to do with gender.

Excuse me? That is what I said if have read it? Point meaning-nothing to do with gender.

Sorry, your grammer is very poor, I tried to make sense of it, however, it is so faulty, that i could not.
Articlion
If your so child free, why dont you rid your self of those organs? NOt have sex at all?

I'm also asexual. Hell, I don't even know if the things work properly.

I, at present, have no reason or desire to have sex. However, that doesn't mean I never will find a good reason, or that there is no chance I will ever be raped and conceive from it.

If and when I find a reason to bother about it, I'll see about getting myself sterilized. However, that is a very difficult thing for a young woman without a pair of children to her name to have done.

Treacherous Desire
She may wish to have children in the future. Just because one doesn't want a child now doesn't mean they will never want to have one.

No, I'm quite certain I never, ever want to have children. =) S'point of being childfree.
Gris
Articlion

I'm also asexual. Hell, I don't even know if the things work properly.

I, at present, have no reason or desire to have sex. However, that doesn't mean I never will find a good reason, or that there is no chance I will ever be raped and conceive from it.

If and when I find a reason to bother about it, I'll see about getting myself sterilized. However, that is a very difficult thing for a young woman without a pair of children to her name to have done.

Isnt A-sexual when you reproduce with your self? I'm pretty sure you can't do that.

Edit- Your right, it can also mean lacking interest in sexual desire.
Articlion
Yes sex is a wonderful beautiful thing that God has given us. However, do any of these animals go out and abort thier babies?

Yep. The Japanese macaques will leave their young to die if they become overpopulated.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

They wanted virgins because Virgins are pure, and they wanted to spread thier own children. Increase thier Geneology. They want to have their bloodline walk the earth. Not their enemies. They want to kill all the women and children because these people can continue onward and seek out revenge. Children remember things that happen to them, and will hold it against these people.

And that makes rape ok? That makes killing -even unto GENOCIDE- ok?
You see no problem with the slaughter of men, women, and children in the name of your god, but you rail against us for abortion.

Stop and consider that for a moment.
Articlion
sachiko_sohma
Articlion
sachiko_sohma
Benighted
sachiko_sohma

Sorry, your grammer is very poor, I tried to make sense of it, however, it is so faulty, that i could not.

It's not poor enough for you to not understand that, it's clear enough for you to read. So my English grammer sucks, get over it. Your not perfect either.

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Articlion

One more time!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas